First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Active duty marine, placed my order with hometown dealership in the hopes that'd it'd arrive sometime after I return to the states.
Reservation placed 08/02/2021. 1st Order placed 09/02/2021. Area 51, 4 door, 2.7L, Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux, Hard Top, Towing, Leather seats.

Somehow the order was changed to a white 2 door 11/18/2021, Immediately following this I re-sent the build sheet as attached, you can see the date at the bottom of the build sheet that it’s the same one. 2nd order placed 11/18/2021.

Then I get a call 02/21/2022 saying my bronco has arrived, and he gives me the buyers order and lot number and I look on their website and it's showing a manual 4 cylinder in black so I ask him to send me a picture just to make sure, but it was indeed the totally wrong vehicle Again. The VIN for that vehicle was 1FMEE5DH3NLA79850.

At this point I spoke to the sales manager (#1) and she placed the order for a 3RD TIME 02/23/2022, and I sent them the same build sheet again, and went through all the options with them on the phone to make sure they submit the order properly this time. We changed only 1 thing from my original order, and that was the paint color to eruption green from area 51, everything else was the same from the original order.

07/17/2022 I sent an email asking for what was being done to make this right, what the current status was (all I can see on fords site is ordering with dealer still) and what the predicted arrival date would be. They couldn't give me any information.

I called ford customer care and spoke with the bronco team and they told me they needed an order number to see any details, and it took several calls to the dealership until 08/05/2022 and the sales manager (#2) was finally able to figure out how to pull my order up while we remained on the phone. He was also able to change the priority code from 19 to a 10 at least. He also sent me the order summary page showing that.

08/10/2022 I’ve tried getting the dealership management to contact the ford regional rep or the zone rep to change my priority code to 1 to make up for all of the mistakes but the first excuse they had was "it has to be scheduled to change the priority code" but I know that once the vehicle is scheduled priority code serves no purpose. Unscheduled with priority code 1 will get my build the highest consideration for scheduling. I know the dealership can only get it to 10, but the rep can set it lower if requested by the store manager or sales manager.

08/16/2022 their response was "I don’t recall when the order was submitted but there will be many bronco that won’t be produced for 22MY due to capacity constraints. This order has not even received allocation yet unfortunately. There is nothing I or (charlotte regional rep) can do on our end to push it without allocation. We can do nothing until there is allocation to build."

That shouldn’t matter for changing the priority code for orders in the USOB (unscheduled order bank) plus my order has COVP (customer order verification) which bypasses dealership allocation. Customer Service is unable to help with this situation, they tell me to contact the dealer or write a letter to ford. So I wrote a letter to ford explaining everything thoroughly as I've done here and they literally told me they'd submit my feedback to the dealership and that was it. Since then I've spoken with the sales manager (#2) and they continue to stand behind the 2nd statement made by the regional rep about allocation.

Normally I don't like to make too much trouble, but the dealership has screwed my order up TWICE at this point, and I feel that requesting priority 1 is warranted due to the mistakes made by the dealership.

Does anybody know what I can do at this point? How can I get ford to make this right?
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're at the mercy of the dealerships allocation as well as part constraints, which you pretty much picked all of them. I also don't think the dealer can change that order to priority 1 or at least I have never seen one here.

Honestly I wouldn't expect that Bronco until probably this time next year at the earliest and really there probably isn't anything that can be done about it. There whole system is a mess.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would definitely not use that dealer.
When you order, get your DORA. It is a receipt of the order. ALWAYS get the DORA. It lists all your choices that are entered into the system

Priority 1? Probably not happening, but hey, squeaky wheel and all...

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doubt you are going to get much traction with your approach regarding priority. Ford, Ford regional reps and the dealers all have perfected the finger pointing, who’s on first blame game.

Focusing on monetary compensation when the Bronco finally does arrive (are you paying MSRP or better?) is something totally in the dealers control. Have them make it right by reducing the cost or giving you the option to buy any other Bronco stock they may have or may be getting.

Sponsored

Dzrt1st

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch, Toyota Tundra, RX7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hope you get some help/satisfaction.

Thank you for your service. (y)

eander

Big Bend
First Name
Erica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you’re not able to get any traction changing priority to 1, I would seriously consider changing dealerships when order banks reopen. Fwiw, if you’re willing to go a little further up the road, Randy Marion in Statesville is a HUGE volume fleet dealer so they’ve been doing very well with allocations. I am a July 2020 reservation holder that fell victim to the terrible allocations at Stephens, and by the time I considered moving my reservation elsewhere, Ford had stopped allowing transfers. I placed a new order with Randy Marion this Feb, and was scheduled in less than 4 months (granted my build is not nearly as constrained as yours, but still
). I think they even scheduled me as priority 10 up front, as best as I can recall.

So that you’re aware, they initially tried to stick me with $5k ADM since it was a new order, but after explaining that I was an early reservation holder and was no longer able to transfer my reservation to them, they were willing to do sticker. Got a signed DORA on the spot, which made delivery pretty smooth as there was nothing to haggle. Also make sure you cross check all of the details on the DORA to verify the build is correct - I did catch a couple of small errors on mine at first, but easy enough to fix. I would hope they would be able to work with you over the phone or via email as active duty.

Dover

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Active duty marine, placed my order with hometown dealership in the hopes that'd it'd arrive sometime after I return to the states.
Reservation placed 08/02/2021. 1st Order placed 09/02/2021. Area 51, 4 door, 2.7L, Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux, Hard Top, Towing, Leather seats.

Somehow the order was changed to a white 2 door 11/18/2021, Immediately following this I re-sent the build sheet as attached, you can see the date at the bottom of the build sheet that it’s the same one. 2nd order placed 11/18/2021.

Then I get a call 02/21/2022 saying my bronco has arrived, and he gives me the buyers order and lot number and I look on their website and it's showing a manual 4 cylinder in black so I ask him to send me a picture just to make sure, but it was indeed the totally wrong vehicle Again. The VIN for that vehicle was 1FMEE5DH3NLA79850.

At this point I spoke to the sales manager (#1) and she placed the order for a 3RD TIME 02/23/2022, and I sent them the same build sheet again, and went through all the options with them on the phone to make sure they submit the order properly this time. We changed only 1 thing from my original order, and that was the paint color to eruption green from area 51, everything else was the same from the original order.

07/17/2022 I sent an email asking for what was being done to make this right, what the current status was (all I can see on fords site is ordering with dealer still) and what the predicted arrival date would be. They couldn't give me any information.

I called ford customer care and spoke with the bronco team and they told me they needed an order number to see any details, and it took several calls to the dealership until 08/05/2022 and the sales manager (#2) was finally able to figure out how to pull my order up while we remained on the phone. He was also able to change the priority code from 19 to a 10 at least. He also sent me the order summary page showing that.

08/10/2022 I’ve tried getting the dealership management to contact the ford regional rep or the zone rep to change my priority code to 1 to make up for all of the mistakes but the first excuse they had was "it has to be scheduled to change the priority code" but I know that once the vehicle is scheduled priority code serves no purpose. Unscheduled with priority code 1 will get my build the highest consideration for scheduling. I know the dealership can only get it to 10, but the rep can set it lower if requested by the store manager or sales manager.

08/16/2022 their response was "I don’t recall when the order was submitted but there will be many bronco that won’t be produced for 22MY due to capacity constraints. This order has not even received allocation yet unfortunately. There is nothing I or (charlotte regional rep) can do on our end to push it without allocation. We can do nothing until there is allocation to build."

That shouldn’t matter for changing the priority code for orders in the USOB (unscheduled order bank) plus my order has COVP (customer order verification) which bypasses dealership allocation. Customer Service is unable to help with this situation, they tell me to contact the dealer or write a letter to ford. So I wrote a letter to ford explaining everything thoroughly as I've done here and they literally told me they'd submit my feedback to the dealership and that was it. Since then I've spoken with the sales manager (#2) and they continue to stand behind the 2nd statement made by the regional rep about allocation.

Normally I don't like to make too much trouble, but the dealership has screwed my order up TWICE at this point, and I feel that requesting priority 1 is warranted due to the mistakes made by the dealership.

Does anybody know what I can do at this point? How can I get ford to make this right?
Welcome to the club bro. Corporate has been no help, dealerships are getting away with it and @Ford Motor Company refuses to hold people accountable. I'm a day one reservation holder that had my reservation essentially stolen from me by a local dealership. Your story is not that far off from mine. Dealership placed an order that was not my build without my permission using my reservation number lying to me at every step. When called on it I was basically told me to F-off. Also have not got my $100 back for my reservation. I spent hours on the phone with the @Ford Motor Company customer service with constant different answers and dealt with the pure incompetence. Makes me wonder why I am still holding out for this vehicle other than nostalgia.

Of note, I put money down for a reservation through military auto source when overseas. That's my last ditch effort to get a Bronco before I go scorched earth. They seem very confident I will get a MY23. I am not.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ar this point ypu might be further ahead and Bronco sooner by placing a new order for a 23. Sure, all the non transferable original orders ofv31 and 22 take precedence but from the history I would not trust your current dealer to even process a new 23 order when banks open and they have allocation.

Unless you ordered, and stuck with, the stillnunavailable painted hardtop I seriously don't know what would have constrained your build for almost a year....if the dealer had ordered correctly.

Any different dealer for a fresh order and you lose any price protection and you can't transfer the order to a new dealer for that. I am sure i am wrong but thought I read that a color change would negate pp , if so you might as well start fresh, maybe Huntersville Ford. Or go much farther afield and I'll put you in touch with my dealer up here in PA and I'll deliver it (with 600 miles +/-) on one of our every other month trips to Charlotte, for the cost of a plane ticket home.

Black Diamond

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is this a Charlotte dealer? I have my build with Mooresville @ MSRP and they have been great to work with. You'll have to wait a long time unfortunately.

jason9m9

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I looked at both Mooresville Ford and Huntersville Ford and ended up going with Huntersville, they offered me MSRP and a signed Purchase Agreement, it’s been a pretty good experience thus far though I’m still waiting for my order to be scheduled. Going on about 11 months. Is starting to feel like it’s been a bit of a long wait to be scheduled, so I wish they had a little more info for me. I don’t get too many updates from them on anything.
Sponsored