still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My 2022 OBX is being built soon and I’ve got some hesitations regarding the interior. I got the high package with 12 inch screen and the cloth seats.

I know it’s not a luxury vehicle at all but my wife in particular is used to higher end interiors. I’m imagining the interior to be super cheap plastic that doesn’t feel sturdy at all. I’m still waiting for my dealer to call me so I can physically see (and drive) for myself. Figured in the meantime I’d ask.

Anyone who currently has possession of their bronco pick it up with the same hesitation over the interior and if so what are your thoughts after owning?

Not looking for the “it’s an off road what do you expect?” comments.
Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s sturdy. Looks nice. Marks extremely easy. Kind of like wax plastic. Torch cleans marks up real nice. If your just a daily driver with it should look like new for a long time.

OP
OP

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The best I can describe the Bronco interior is....'utilitarian',

it's not a kia, but it's also not an ///M car either.
thanks. I really need to see it in person I guess. Are you saying it’s nicer than a Kia?

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond, 1923 Model T Racer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s really not cheap feeling. I only have 8” screen and I’m happy too. And this is me coming from very high end trims, I decided to save money and got my bronco. Recently just traded in a ‘21 ram 2500 Cummins loaded to the max. I also owned a rubicon and honestly the bronco seems way better interior wise than my rubicon. Things may have changed since I had mine tho. I also owned a ‘20 king ranch and others, and also have a 22 timberline expedition now.

Only complaint is I’m a big guy at 6’4” 300lbs, and I have 2 kids so it can be tight sometimes. As long as adults arent riding in the backseat it’s fine, I don’t have friends anyways lol. I keep my seat more forward because of clutch use so that helps.

Sponsored

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s sturdy. Looks nice. Marks extremely easy. Kind of like wax plastic. Torch cleans marks up real nice. If your just a daily driver with it should look like new for a long time.
Yes it does mark especially the outside flares and stuff but I daily mine and it comes off easily.

OP
OP

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s really not cheap feeling. I only have 8” screen and I’m happy too. And this is me coming from very high end trims, I decided to save money and got my bronco. Recently just traded in a ‘21 ram 2500 Cummins loaded to the max. I also owned a rubicon and honestly the bronco seems way better interior wise than my rubicon. Things may have changed since I had mine tho. I also owned a ‘20 king ranch and others, and also have a 22 timberline expedition now.

Only complaint is I’m a big guy at 6’4” 300lbs, and I have 2 kids so it can be tight sometimes. As long as adults arent riding in the backseat it’s fine, I don’t have friends anyways lol. I keep my seat more forward because of clutch use so that helps.
Lol you’re tiny 😂😂.
Knowing you’ve had higher end trims and are satisfied makes me feel a little more confident. Thank you.

OP
OP

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes but you’re getting into the realm of what are you really wanting/needing
yeah, honestly it’s going to be a daily driver for me and serve as the “suv” for the family. 2 car seat/booster aged kids in the back.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

thanks. I really need to see it in person I guess. Are you saying it’s nicer than a Kia?
it is, some of the complaints that people have had are legit. Certain panels do have a tendency to scuff easily, which is a bit frustrating. But I will admit it's super nice to just get a microfiber wet and wipe down the whole truck and have it look good as new.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll echo what they said. You're not likely to break anything, but it scuffs if you look at it sideways.
Think I scratched mine just from a dream last night.

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lol you’re tiny 😂😂.
Knowing you’ve had higher end trims and are satisfied makes me feel a little more confident. Thank you.
Oh another thing I miss is A/C seats…but I also have the MGV interior/washout so it makes sense I couldn’t imagine water in the holes of seat lol. Like I said it’s coming down to what you really want/need.

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
it is, some of the complaints that people have had are legit. Certain panels do have a tendency to scuff easily, which is a bit frustrating. But I will admit it's super nice to just get a microfiber wet and wipe down the whole truck and have it look good as new.
Until it dries 😂😂😂

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
yeah, honestly it’s going to be a daily driver for me and serve as the “suv” for the family. 2 car seat/booster aged kids in the back.
Hmm, I would HIGHLY suggest bringing car seat/booster and putting them in the backseat before you purchase. You may or may not like the outcome.
Sponsored