First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good thread to get going, just want to say remember that wheeling isn't a singular activity it's usually done in groups with varying levels of skill n builds.

Meaning, for those of us who bring a tool kit or roll, the tools, air tools, straps, zip ties, duct tape, or even the winch aren't just for us, it's for others in your group, or the poor guy who got stuck on the trail either alone or underprepared. This happens to almost all of us who actually go out.

Always remember to lend a helping hand. What goes around definitely comes back when you're out in the woods.

Not calling you selfish or anything; got what you meant, just sharing a PSA for those reading who may be new to getting out.
Agree. Always amazed at trail ingenuity to resolve breaks and being with an experienced crew helps. My EB is loaded with relevant tools, assorted "things" to fab fixes, inverter, kits, fluids, extra drivelines, and, axles hard mounted to the rig to swap as needed. The comments here are great for that small kit to tweak, tighten, adjust. Don't plan on horse-whipping this rig. EB is for the hard, technical stuff.

Love the input. Thx
Sponsored

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was looking at tool kits last night to see if I could find an all-in-one kit to do the most common work on the Bronco. Not necessarily a “this does literally everything you could ever need” kit, but something suitable for emergency use that is small enough to carry around in the Bronco, but also big enough to do the usual maintenance items.

The sockets are pretty easy. There are a billion socket sets available out there, so definitely wouldn’t mind seeing what others came up with. Here is what I found:
Can’t speak to Craftsman quality these days. I know it wasn’t the best for a number of years when Craftsman was owned by Sears. But things seem to be improving again after Stanley Black & Decker bought them in 2018.

The Torx Plus thing is a difficult one. The kits @BroncoAZ found are solid, but I was hoping to find a kit that had all of the Torx bits I needed that could be driven from a 3/8” or 1/2” socket to minimize the number of adapters needed, but easier said than done apparently. In the end it may be a build-your-own kit sorta thing since Ford seems to be mixing Torx and Torx Plus.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lxatoledo

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was looking at tool kits last night to see if I could find an all-in-one kit to do the most common work on the Bronco. Not necessarily a “this does literally everything you could ever need” kit, but something suitable for emergency use that is small enough to carry around in the Bronco, but also big enough to do the usual maintenance items.

The sockets are pretty easy. There are a billion socket sets available out there, so definitely wouldn’t mind seeing what others came up with. Here is what I found:
Can’t speak to Craftsman quality these days. I know it wasn’t the best for a number of years when Craftsman was owned by Sears. But things seem to be improving again after Stanley Black & Decker bought them in 2018.

The Torx Plus thing is a difficult one. The kits @BroncoAZ found are solid, but I was hoping to find a kit that had all of the Torx bits I needed that could be driven from a 3/8” or 1/2” socket to minimize the number of adapters needed, but easier said than done apparently. In the end it may be a build-your-own kit sorta thing since Ford seems to be mixing Torx and Torx Plus.
Yep...as I get info fr folks like yourself and the rig rolls in, will do a "kit" and post.

For years I took my whole hex set....after learning...I just need 1 for my hubs.

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I apologize for what may be a stupid question, but, so no SAE sizes - all metric and Torx/plus?

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The Capri set I linked to is comprehensive for Torx, drilled torx, torx plus, and external torx. It’s a bigger set than I’d want in the truck all the time.
Ford Bronco Looking for list of tools/sizes/etc that are common to the 6G? For my tool kit image
Ford Bronco Looking for list of tools/sizes/etc that are common to the 6G? For my tool kit image

nameuser

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Halfcab
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
A few years ago I put together a kit for my side X side since there did not seem to be much on the market. I did 50 of them, giving some to family members and selling the rest.
Ford Bronco Looking for list of tools/sizes/etc that are common to the 6G? For my tool kit Tool 1a
Ford Bronco Looking for list of tools/sizes/etc that are common to the 6G? For my tool kit Tool 2b
Ford Bronco Looking for list of tools/sizes/etc that are common to the 6G? For my tool kit Tool 6a
Ford Bronco Looking for list of tools/sizes/etc that are common to the 6G? For my tool kit Tool 7a Irwin channelock

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A few years ago I put together a kit for my side X side since there did not seem to be much on the market. I did 50 of them, giving some to family members and selling the rest.
Ford Bronco Looking for list of tools/sizes/etc that are common to the 6G? For my tool kit Tool 7a Irwin channelock
Well Nameuser, we are all part of the Bronco family, right? I will DM you ny address if you have one left over 😊

OP
OP
Lxatoledo

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well Nameuser, we are all part of the Bronco family, right? I will DM you ny address if you have one left over 😊
Yep. Nice kit -Will do something similar. I will also do a basic electrical kit.

mmaturo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8, R8s, Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I needed this exact thread two days ago when I took a T40 bit to my Modular bumper bolts trying to install fog lights and immediately stripped two bolts trying to loosen them. Clearly over torqued on install as a third came out easier...then i learned about the whole torx plus thing...TP40 and ordered one off Amazon and used it last night. Remaining three on other side of bumper came out easily and unfortunately the two damaged ones too far gone so hoping dealer body shop can get them out tomorrow. Pretty annoyed by it.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Try one of these. This is my go to for years. Each socket/wrench works for both AND it grabs in a way as to never strip (it can even remove rounded corners if not to bad)

Toss in your oil filter and a couple torx plus bits.

https://metrinch.tv/collections/combination-sets

Last edited:

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I carry way more stuff than most of you do. This is what I carry in both Side by Sides. I will build up a new kit for the Bronco with some of the larger sockets if needed.

Ford Bronco Looking for list of tools/sizes/etc that are common to the 6G? For my tool kit tools1
Ford Bronco Looking for list of tools/sizes/etc that are common to the 6G? For my tool kit tools2
I

OP
OP
Lxatoledo

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I carry way more stuff than most of you do. This is what I carry in both Side by Sides. I will build up a new kit for the Bronco with some of the larger sockets if needed.

Ford Bronco Looking for list of tools/sizes/etc that are common to the 6G? For my tool kit tools2
I
Yep, my rock crawler is loaded similarly but it is purpose built. The only parts store and labor available tends to be MY problem to solve. Over built, stout rig, but after years of trail experience, not taking any chances.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good quality zip ties, quality duct tape and bungee cords. Never know what you might need to tie up if you break something and need to get it out of the trail. Most of the time your not going to have the part to fix what you broke. Get a good machete or hatchet too.

OP
OP
Lxatoledo

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good quality zip ties, quality duct tape and bungee cords. Never know what you might need to tie up if you break something and need to get it out of the trail. Most of the time your not going to have the part to fix what you broke. Get a good machete or hatchet too.
Seen many of rigs made "drivable" with stout ratchet straps too (keep with my recovery gear). 😃 No need for a machete where I live, but I do understand.
Sponsored