First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These are for hardtop only right? I have been looking for a soft top one that doesn't stick in at all, mostly so no nasty people can reach into my backseat easily.
Went with jcr ones. Works perfectly. I really like it.
Sponsored

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Also I saw some post somewhere that mentioned the company Turn Offroad. They had a set of panels that I liked so I purchased. Plan to install this weekend. I asked them about product weight and if they can be installed without removing the rear clamshell. They said total weight is 15 lbs. (7.5 lbs each panel) and they can be installed without hardtop removal, though tedious. We'll see.

https://turnoffroad.com/collections...cts/2021-ford-bronco-rear-window-molle-panels
If you have any questions during the install give us a call!

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have any questions during the install give us a call!
Do the plastic panels that the lower brackets are bolted behind need to be trimmed? They donā€™t seem to clip all the way in with the brackets for the roll bar molle panel mounted.

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do the plastic panels that the lower brackets are bolted behind need to be trimmed? They donā€™t seem to clip all the way in with the brackets for the roll bar molle panel mounted.
Yes, you can either purchase the soft top panels which have the cutout in them already or you can just take about 1/8ā€ off of the plastic panels that come with a hardtop to make them fit perfectly.

We mark them with masking tape and then just use a hand file to take material off a little at a time. Itā€™s really soft plastic so itā€™s really easy to do.

Sponsored

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, you can either purchase the soft top panels which have the cutout in them already or you can just take about 1/8ā€ off of the plastic panels that come with a hardtop to make them fit perfectly.

We mark them with masking tape and then just use a hand file to take material off a little at a time. Itā€™s really soft plastic so itā€™s really easy to do.
Thanks, just wanted to be sure I didnā€™t install things incorrectly before I start hacking things up!

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, just wanted to be sure I didnā€™t install things incorrectly before I start hacking things up!
Would you be willing to take a quick picture of the area you've filed please?

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would you be willing to take a quick picture of the area you've filed please?
Welp, I answered my own question. At the end of the install I put the trim panels back on as far as they'd go then marked the width of the bracket. I tried a metal tool file first but found a razor blade utility knife much quicker. The left trim panel has a bumpy section on its reverse side and, as luck would have it, it's the perfect depth to cut to. The right trim also has a slightly dark line on the back around the same depth, which also worked great.

Ford Bronco Looking for molle panels for rear windows IMG_20230909_164345-2

Ford Bronco Looking for molle panels for rear windows IMG_20230909_170501__01-2

Ford Bronco Looking for molle panels for rear windows IMG_20230909_170553_01-2

@Turn Offroad, I followed along with your Youtube install instructions but it differed a little for me. The instructions and hardware you send must be for soft tops only. I used the supplied two larger allen bolts for the bottom bracket without realizing I was short so had to rummage through my spares to find another set of bolts for the rollbar mounts. The bolts I had that threaded into my rollbar were M8x1.25. Maybe you could note this on your product page or supply the two 13mm bolts for those with hard tops?

I went to orient the bottom brackets and thought I was high. I could not rotate my brackets in any way to match what I was seeing in your video. Realized you must have revised the brackets after the fact.

Ford Bronco Looking for molle panels for rear windows IMG_20230909_141446-2

Minor nitpick is that not all four pieces with the slash cuts can be installed with a consistent pattern. If only the right bottom bracket slashes were turned the other way... Also cutting the locking washer from the seatbelt bolts wasn't necessary. I have a '22 and the washers spun right off easily so maybe Ford is using a different washer already?

Ford Bronco Looking for molle panels for rear windows IMG_20230909_145425-3

Ford Bronco Looking for molle panels for rear windows IMG_20230909_145346-3

I did the install without removing the top so I appreciate that. It wasn't too tedious. Reaching my arm and wrench between the rollbar and window was easier than trying to figure out the bracket orientation from your video! Anyways, good and sturdy product that I'm excited to start using. Thank you!

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ADD has molle panels for the rear. Even though the site says it does not fit the soft-top, they do. I spoke directly to their department and was told that they have that up because they have not rewritten the instructions for the soft-top. It's literally one screw bracket location that is not used.
Not really sure why they have not updated yet.....

I like the way their panel fills the entire section and comes in for putting items on.
The ADD panels are really nice, though they cost more than the others I have seen, but heh I feel they are one of the better set out there.

https://www.addictivedesertdesigns....h-gen-bronco-rear-window-molle-storage-panels

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welp, I answered my own question. At the end of the install I put the trim panels back on as far as they'd go then marked the width of the bracket. I tried a metal tool file first but found a razor blade utility knife much quicker. The left trim panel has a bumpy section on its reverse side and, as luck would have it, it's the perfect depth to cut to. The right trim also has a slightly dark line on the back around the same depth, which also worked great.

@Turn Offroad, I followed along with your Youtube install instructions but it differed a little for me. The instructions and hardware you send must be for soft tops only. I used the supplied two larger allen bolts for the bottom bracket without realizing I was short so had to rummage through my spares to find another set of bolts for the rollbar mounts. The bolts I had that threaded into my rollbar were M8x1.25. Maybe you could note this on your product page or supply the two 13mm bolts for those with hard tops?

I went to orient the bottom brackets and thought I was high. I could not rotate my brackets in any way to match what I was seeing in your video. Realized you must have revised the brackets after the fact.

Minor nitpick is that not all four pieces with the slash cuts can be installed with a consistent pattern. If only the right bottom bracket slashes were turned the other way... Also cutting the locking washer from the seatbelt bolts wasn't necessary. I have a '22 and the washers spun right off easily so maybe Ford is using a different washer already?

I did the install without removing the top so I appreciate that. It wasn't too tedious. Reaching my arm and wrench between the rollbar and window was easier than trying to figure out the bracket orientation from your video! Anyways, good and sturdy product that I'm excited to start using. Thank you!
Yep, had the exact same experience as you.

The instructions in the video were a bit off related to that lower bracket. You can even see in the video, since the bracket design is so different, one of the bolts doesnā€™t even align with the brackets and the guy just put it through the bolt hole in the panel without securing it to anything. The brackets that were provided in the kit fit much nicer than in the video. I also had to a round up a bolt to mount that lower bracket to the bronco, the hard tops donā€™t come with any bolts in those holes.

Other than that, as mentioned before, I had to trim the plastic covers that go over that lower mounting bracket. I cut out the same notch that you did in each piece.

Ford Bronco Looking for molle panels for rear windows IMG_8620

All in all, very happy with how they turned out. Now I just need to figure out how to organize all my gear on them!

Ford Bronco Looking for molle panels for rear windows IMG_8623

Ford Bronco Looking for molle panels for rear windows IMG_8622

Sponsored

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thank you for the feedback about the instructions! We are always working to improve our instructions and the overall installation experience, I appreciate you posting!

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Between the DV8, Turn Off-road and Broad Addict

Canā€™t decide between them because they all seem so similar except for price.

Any recommendations?

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Between the DV8, Turn Off-road and Broad Addict

Canā€™t decide between them because they all seem so similar except for price.

Any recommendations?
If you have any questions about ours please let me know. Ours work with the hard top or soft top and sit more toward the inside of the cage to make accessing your gear a bit easier!
Sponsored