First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey everyone - I know this probably isn't as "good" as a $300 inflator...but this was recently recommended to me and I was curious what you all thought:

Amazon.com: DEWALT 20V MAX Tire Inflator, Compact and Portable, Automatic Shut Off, LED Light, Bare Tool Only (DCC020IB) : Everything Else

I have 20V Dewalt batteries...so this would be pretty convenient.

That said - I don't want to go cheap and end up with something that leaves me stranded (but I'm also not ready to drop $1000 on the ARB dual). Thoughts?
Sponsored

Sewie

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 22 Bronco BL Sas 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

would be brutal for trying to air up after a trail. Slow and probably doesn't have the duty cycle to continuously do all four tires.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey everyone - I know this probably isn't as "good" as a $300 inflator...but this was recently recommended to me and I was curious what you all thought:

Amazon.com: DEWALT 20V MAX Tire Inflator, Compact and Portable, Automatic Shut Off, LED Light, Bare Tool Only (DCC020IB) : Everything Else

That said - I don't want to go cheap and end up with something that leaves me stranded (but I'm also not ready to drop $1000 on the ARB dual). Thoughts?
I have no 1st hand experience with this unit. For a reasonably compact cordless inflator I think the Milwaukee 2848 is powerful and reasonably priced . . . assuming one is already invested in the Milwaukee battery ecoverse. Having to add the batteries, and charger, on top of the purchase (usually lists about $180) definitely changes the value prop (as it does for all of the cordless tool providers). HTH.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have 2 milwaukee cordless inflators, that are great at topping off tires and light duty work(lawn equipment). I wouldn't get one for airing up and down tires for off-road use. For that, I use a Viair 400p.

Sponsored

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have it, it works great for airing up a few pounds and easier than getting my hoses for the ARB out. I haven't tried to air up over 5 lbs though, and never for more than one tire. The battery lasts a long time. It could probably get the job done but you'd need some patience.

HoosierMan

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BASEQUATCH, 2011 MUSTANG GT, 2014 F350
Your Bronco Model
Base

I have one also and have been very pleased with it. Have not used in on the Bronco though. Has been used on Mower tires, car tires and my Fifth Wheel Camper tires.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another recommendation for the Viair 400p. Iā€™ve had mine for (maybe 5) years, no issues.

Is a twin ARB faster? Yes. However IMPO they are too much $$ and Iā€™ve seen two of them fail on the trail for unknown reasonsā€¦.we ended up using my Viair both times. Plus if and when my Viair kicks the bucket I wonā€™t blink an eye about purchasing another one.

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use one. It's not fast, but it works and I can air up all 4 tires on a single 5ah battery.

I timed it airing up from 25psi to 39psi takes on average ~8 minutes per tire. This is on my stock BFG AT 285/70R17.

One of the nice things about the Dewalt version is if you kill a battery and don't have a spare, you can plug into a 12v outlet and keep inflating.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have one and used it while setting my deflators, so it inflated my spare 4 times with only a small break in between fills. I didn't need to change the battery to go from 26-38 psi on 4 factory sas tires, and it didn't seem to get excessively hot. I haven't had a chance to use it on the trail yet, though.

Sponsored

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve had for years. It is slow as others mentioned but for all sorts of activities itā€™s great. Iā€™ve used on trails to inflate all four tires, use it for floating tubes, bike tires and inflatable kayak.

bellboyfab

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22Bronco ā€˜93 C3500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Truly depends on how much you use it. Personally I use a $80 harbor freight compressor that works decent. Hasnā€™t failed me yet. Look into the duty cycle of the inflator and if you can find someone with one test it out and see if it works for you.

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the same Harbor Freight compressor as above - works great. Pumps 4 tires from mid 20s to mid-upper 30s in about 10 mins total.

aldoavme

Badlands
First Name
adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
we have one of these on all of our service trucks. a little slow and struggle on high psi (anything above 60) but they are awesome. great all-around pump especially if you have kids and inflatable pools etc
Sponsored