First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking for someone who has installed rock lights on your Bronco. I am tackling the job this weekend and am looking for pictures and ideas on light placement and routing of wiring. Also interested in where you routed lights to power. I have upfitter switches so I know where to get power, I am just interested in what worked for you to get cables from underneath to engine bay or perhaps rear cargo area power supply?
Sponsored

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve been looking at this too. For the front you can get right into the engine bay. For the rear I think the cleanest way to do it will involve remove rear interior plastic and routing through the channels that run front to back along the door sills.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I could be wrong but I’m sure I’ve read there are pre ran wires to the front and rear for those with aux switches. You may not have to run wires all the way back. It’s in the owners manual!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Waverider

Waverider

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could be wrong but I’m sure I’ve read there are pre ran wires to the front and rear for those with aux switches. You may not have to run wires all the way back. It’s in the owners manual!
Thanks for the reply. Yes I am aware and have already wired a few Aux switches. I was looking for running lights vs power source. I have a plan now. Thanks again.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You ever end up installing some? Also curious as well.

OP
OP
Waverider

Waverider

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You ever end up installing some? Also curious as well.
Yes. It was an 8 hour job. Ended up pulling fender flares and wheel well liners from all wheels to gain access and sight line. Made it much easier. Hard part was making sure the pre-length wires that came with the kit fit from all mounting locations. Once I had that figured out I ran along frame for rear and drivers side. And ran up and above drive shaft for passenger side lights. There is an existing wire harness that I followed. Can explain more if needed. Let me know. I went with MICTUNING 8 pod lights from Amazon.
Ford Bronco Looking for Rock light install ideas/instructions B3123C56-B39F-46D1-B45B-EB4D61F0CCED
Ford Bronco Looking for Rock light install ideas/instructions C080BF6A-7D89-4D8C-8BBC-E19A1BFFE236

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just installed 4 out of 6 of mine yesterday! I have the KC Cyclone Rocklight kit. The kit comes with brackets that made installing the lights a breeze. I have about 6 hours into the install so far...
I installed 2 lights using the middle bolts for the rock rails. The back ones I used bumper bolts. I haven't found a great spot for the front lights yet, and I ran out of time, so I will play with that some more later. The bash plate blocks a lot of the area where I want to put the lights.
Some people put their lights in the wheel wells, and I did debate doing that, but it leaves huge shadows at the wheels, and I wanted more under body glow, and more scene lighting in the back and front when using cameras for backing up and crawling. I think its great so far.
I originally 3M tapped the terminal block to the top of the fuse box cover, but it interferes with the hood struts I have, so I moved it to the inner fender support.
As far as running wire, that took the most time. I ran along the frame rails and zip-tied the wires to existing wire harnesses that ran forward, and that up into the engine bay. In the back, I fished the passenger rear wire through a cross member to the drivers side ( I had to extend this wire, as the included wires were only 5M and that wasn't long enough for this run), so 3 wires run along that side, and only 1 wire on the passenger side.
Ford Bronco Looking for Rock light install ideas/instructions PXL_20220221_002221719
Ford Bronco Looking for Rock light install ideas/instructions PXL_20220220_165500408.MP
Ford Bronco Looking for Rock light install ideas/instructions PXL_20220220_202408766
Ford Bronco Looking for Rock light install ideas/instructions PXL_20220220_202152647

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes. It was an 8 hour job. Ended up pulling fender flares and wheel well liners from all wheels to gain access and sight line. Made it much easier. Hard part was making sure the pre-length wires that came with the kit fit from all mounting locations. Once I had that figured out I ran along frame for rear and drivers side. And ran up and above drive shaft for passenger side lights. There is an existing wire harness that I followed. Can explain more if needed. Let me know. I went with MICTUNING 8 pod lights from Amazon.
Ford Bronco Looking for Rock light install ideas/instructions PXL_20220220_202152647
Looks great! Definitely worth the time spent getting it just right.

I just ordered some rock lights from Lux Lighting Systems that are supposedly easier to install (because they’re magnetic). I’ll let y’all know how it goes once I install them!

https://luxlightingsystems.com/coll...-piece-ground-coverage?variant=30259947438132

Sponsored

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm 7/12 installing KC Cyclones. I'm doing one or two at a time depending on how much wiring it takes.

Piece of cake so far.

Ford Bronco Looking for Rock light install ideas/instructions PXL_20220429_045733774.NIGHT~2