Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks like my build has been selected for production according to the backdoor link, though no official communication yet. Reservation and officially ordered in July 2021. Waited a while though not as long as some. Now that it's "in production" I'm looking for a few recommendations or at least some additional info for those more informed. I ordered with the MIC top as my wife insisted. I'm planning on ordering aftermarket soft top but really want tan canvas which I'm not seeing in any search. If there is something out there or coming down the pipeline any info would be appreciated. Also looking for an aftermarket roof rack. Really don't like the oem rack. Looks clumsy and difficult for top removal. Really just needed to haul surfboards to and from the beach but that's a weekly occurrence. Something with the potential of hauling a cargo carrier for longer trips would be a must have. And lastly looking for inexpensive neoprene seat covers. There are a ton of options out there just looking for recommendations from anyone who's used ones they've liked or disliked.

Screenshot_20220820-082022_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just out of curiosity did you mean elusive instead of illusive? (Elusive: Hard to find, Resists being caught. vs. Illusive: Based on illusion, not real)

To answer your question, I haven't seen any advertised. At a guess you might need to buy a soft top system like Bestop or OEM and maybe find like a marine canvas company that might have the right type of cloth to recover it.

To be fair I haven't looked for a tan top so there may be something out there.

OP
OP
saltyairbrewer

saltyairbrewer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just out of curiosity did you mean elusive instead of illusive? (Elusive: Hard to find, Resists being caught. vs. Illusive: Based on illusion, not real)

To answer your question, I haven't seen any advertised. At a guess you might need to buy a soft top system like Bestop or OEM and maybe find like a marine canvas company that might have the right type of cloth to recover it.

To be fair I haven't looked for a tan top so there may be something out there.
Spelling has always eluded me, but I guess both definitions work in this situation I guess. 😅

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spelling has always eluded me, but I guess both definitions work in this situation I guess. 😅
They do both work, which is why I asked rather than assume. While I'm fairly good at word choice I still struggle a bit with grammar and where everything should go.

Hope you find what you're looking for. 😁

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
I left a message with Bestop asking about different colored Bronco tops, never heard back. Can't believe they don't make them in Tan, Spice, etc.

Sponsored

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
saltyairbrewer

saltyairbrewer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They do both work, which is why I asked rather than assume. While I'm fairly good at word choice I still struggle a bit with grammar and where everything should go.

Hope you find what you're looking for. 😁
When I typed it my intended word choice was elusive and I wrote the wrong word and, had you not said anything I wouldn't have even noticed. We all need a serving of humble pie once in a while. Lol. I do love pie.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I left a message with Bestop asking about different colored Bronco tops, never heard back. Can't believe they don't make them in Tan, Spice, etc.
Especially with how damn good a tan top would look with Eruption Green.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like my build has been selected for production according to the backdoor link, though no official communication yet. Reservation and officially ordered in July 2021. Waited a while though not as long as some. Now that it's "in production" I'm looking for a few recommendations or at least some additional info for those more informed. I ordered with the MIC top as my wife insisted. I'm planning on ordering aftermarket soft top but really want tan canvas which I'm not seeing in any search. If there is something out there or coming down the pipeline any info would be appreciated. Also looking for an aftermarket roof rack. Really don't like the oem rack. Looks clumsy and difficult for top removal. Really just needed to haul surfboards to and from the beach but that's a weekly occurrence. Something with the potential of hauling a cargo carrier for longer trips would be a must have. And lastly looking for inexpensive neoprene seat covers. There are a ton of options out there just looking for recommendations from anyone who's used ones they've liked or disliked.

Ford Bronco Looking for the elusive tan soft top. Screenshot_20220820-082022_Chrome
A tan softie with the green would be bonkers! 🥰

You’re the first person I’ve seen mention the possibility, but I think it’s brilliant and would look awesome.

Congrats on the build date. Picturing you surfing and returning back from Kiawah Island with the Tan top on an almost daily basis is sounding like you’ve figured out this life thing in tall order.

Fun times ahead!

OP
OP
saltyairbrewer

saltyairbrewer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A tan softie with the green would be bonkers! 🥰

You’re the first person I’ve seen mention the possibility, but I think it’s brilliant and would look awesome.

Congrats on the build date. Picturing you surfing and returning back from Kiawah Island with the Tan top on an almost daily basis is sounding like you’ve figured out this life thing in tall order.

Fun times ahead!
Man do I have plans of grandeur with this vehicle. I've got Hatteras and central Florida in the crosshairs and a potential trip to the Poconos next summer. I'm so ready to get back in something fun. I sold my landcruiser 2 years ago and have regretted that decision since. Been driving my wife's old murano.

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When I typed it my intended word choice was elusive and I wrote the wrong word and, had you not said anything I wouldn't have even noticed. We all need a serving of humble pie once in a while. Lol. I do love pie.
A tan top?? that makes two of us .... I'm looking to match one to my cactus gray .... and that's no ALLUSION!

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Especially with how damn good a tan top would look with Eruption Green.
Yeah, it's not like Bestop doesn't have the fabric to make one. They make the tops for the Jeeps in Red, Blue, Tan, etc. Seems like they could just load another color in the fabric cutter and start making them.

Ford Bronco Looking for the elusive tan soft top. tumblr_61c2598806bcd3b4640264cdf26b2a18_330f0689_540

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll be in line for a tan soft top when one becomes for sure!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man do I have plans of grandeur with this vehicle. I've got Hatteras and central Florida in the crosshairs and a potential trip to the Poconos next summer. I'm so ready to get back in something fun. I sold my landcruiser 2 years ago and have regretted that decision since. Been driving my wife's old murano.
That’s an awesome plan and just over the horizon for you. My old Disco keeps having issues to the point where I can hardly trust it on remote trials, so Been waiting on the Bronco like a kid for Christmas to come.

Can’t do a thing with this 4 Series and the wife’s Range Rover Sport is too new and too plastic to really use the capability with 21in tires. Anyway, soon I hope to join you.

Until I can join, please get out there in the sand and after it. If you post about some of the adventures, I can read and feel better that someone is making the most of the opportunities the Bronco helps to execute.

Cheers to a smooth purchase and pick up! 🥃
Sponsored