Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You might be surprised with bronco tires. They are desirable sizes, when I sold my 50% tread Jeep tires they were gone in an hour. Helped the dude toss em in his truck and he was gone. Brand new tires? You’ll have a line around the block for em.
Did the same with my wrangler tires and wheels, up on CL and gone in an hour.
Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

every dimension here is from Ford or the tire manufacturer, I’m able to back into the rest given the track, overall width etc. Big focus here is the depth of the tire, not the width. The only number made up was the clearance behind the wheel but that’s just a baseline. And the wheel gap was also a baseline based on the second drawing I did a couple weeks ago (which actually checked out later when Ford said the Badlands lift was 10 mills less the Sasquatch = 0.4” per my estimation).

enjoy.

Looks like a 275/70/R18 is the money size tire for an OBX. And it’s 33.2” so almost half an inch bigger than 32.7” badlands but 0.4” narrower. I chose this tire to safely get to the same Sasquatch wheel gap and Sasquatch clearance behind wheel. Are all numbers exact, no? But it’s all RELEVANT. If the clearances match that on the Sasquatch that it means it’s totally safe.

I’m sure you could go even bigger, but this tire size seems to be best to match Ford factory clearances on the Sasquatch
View attachment 66359
OP, I like the math but as mentioned we need the backspacing because your drawings might imply to some that there is 9.2” to 10” from the inner side of the tire to the inner wheel well wall. And while that may be technically true, the issue we need to control for is the the possibility of the tire hitting/rubbing the upper control arm on the front wheels which (in the pic below of the chassis with squatch wheels and 315s) appears to be less than 1 inch away from the tire on the Sasquatch wheel - which means it may be even closer on a OBX or Badlands wheel. The rear wheels appear to have the room. For this reason I can’t wait to get the true backspacing on all the wheel options.

Ford Bronco 12/13 UPDATE - Updated control arms not just for Sasquatch 33s fitting OBX - 33.2x11.2 (275/70r18) close to max size after Ranger testing 29149509-0022-4EFF-8F4B-0926140F5435

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

every dimension here is from Ford or the tire manufacturer, I’m able to back into the rest given the track, overall width etc. Big focus here is the depth of the tire, not the width. The only number made up was the clearance behind the wheel but that’s just a baseline. And the wheel gap was also a baseline based on the second drawing I did a couple weeks ago (which actually checked out later when Ford said the Badlands lift was 10 mills less the Sasquatch = 0.4” per my estimation).

enjoy.

Looks like a 275/70/R18 is the money size tire for an OBX. And it’s 33.2” so almost half an inch bigger than 32.7” badlands but 0.4” narrower. I chose this tire to safely get to the same Sasquatch wheel gap and Sasquatch clearance behind wheel. Are all numbers exact, no? But it’s all RELEVANT. If the clearances match that on the Sasquatch that it means it’s totally safe.

I’m sure you could go even bigger, but this tire size seems to be best to match Ford factory clearances on the Sasquatch
View attachment 66359
View attachment 66364
What do you think:
Black Diamond 2 door, no Squatch. I am planning on upgrading to Fuel wheels 18X9 and then go with Cooper Tires in 265/70/18 but have considered 275/70/18. Looking at other wheels/tires used from the factory without Squatching....I think my choice will fir and not rub. Your thoughts? Thanks !

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What do you think:
Black Diamond 2 door, no Squatch. I am planning on upgrading to Fuel wheels 18X9 and then go with Cooper Tires in 265/70/18 but have considered 275/70/18. Looking at other wheels/tires used from the factory without Squatching....I think my choice will fir and not rub. Your thoughts? Thanks !
This is a 265/70/18 on my F150:
Ford Bronco 12/13 UPDATE - Updated control arms not just for Sasquatch 33s fitting OBX - 33.2x11.2 (275/70r18) close to max size after Ranger testing Ford1

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yikes. Is there anything in particular I should watch out for when selling? I bought a used but very nice condition tire and wheel as a spare for my TJ several months ago on FB Marketplace. Nice seller and transaction went without a hitch. I'm planning to sell a TJ hardtop - but your comment has me concerned.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP, I like the math but as mentioned we need the backspacing because your drawings might imply to some that there is 9.2” to 10” from the inner side of the tire to the inner wheel well wall. And while that may be technically true, the issue we need to control for is the the possibility of the tire hitting/rubbing the upper control arm on the front wheels which (in the pic below of the chassis with squatch wheels and 315s) appears to be less than 1 inch away from the tire on the Sasquatch wheel - which means it may be even closer on a OBX or Badlands wheel. The rear wheels appear to have the room. For this reason I can’t wait to get the true backspacing on all the wheel options.

Ford Bronco 12/13 UPDATE - Updated control arms not just for Sasquatch 33s fitting OBX - 33.2x11.2 (275/70r18) close to max size after Ranger testing Ford1
Ford Bronco 12/13 UPDATE - Updated control arms not just for Sasquatch 33s fitting OBX - 33.2x11.2 (275/70r18) close to max size after Ranger testing F7111776-4B42-4DA9-8674-C74DB411707A

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

29149509-0022-4EFF-8F4B-0926140F5435.jpeg
I know we don’t have the offsets and backspacing for all three scenarios to PROPERLY calc

But now that I’m thinking about this, the stock 32s on thinner tires should be further away from the control arms, not closer. If I’m calcing to a hypothetical 9.55 inches from wheel well to inner Sasquatch tire, that means the outer face of the control arm is 8.55 inches away from the wheel well wall, as a baseline, assuming that’s a 1” gap in the photo. Carry that over to other trims, and the OBX stock tire is 1.45 inches away from the control arm, the badlands is 0.65 inches away, and the OBX with 275/70/r18s would be similar to Sasquatch at 1.05 inches. Checks out there, at least until we get the exact numbers.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know we don’t have the offsets and backspacing for all three scenarios to PROPERLY calc

But now that I’m thinking about this, the stock 32s on thinner tires should be further away from the control arms, not closer. If I’m calcing to a hypothetical 9.55 inches from wheel well to inner Sasquatch tire, that means the outer face of the control arm is 8.55 inches away from the wheel well wall, as a baseline, assuming that’s a 1” gap in the photo. Carry that over to other trims, and the OBX stock tire is 1.45 inches away from the control arm, the badlands is 0.65 inches away, and the OBX with 275/70/r18s would be similar to Sasquatch at 1.05 inches. Checks out there, at least until we get the exact numbers.
You may be right, but each of those wheels could have different backspacing All meant to keep the wheel about 1 inch away from the control arm. We will see. My interest is specific to the Badlands wheel, so assuming the Badlands wheel (non squatch) keeps the wheel 1 inch away from the control arm but then I add 315s/35s to those same wheels, my new tires will be .6” wider on each side so now theoretically The sidewall would now only be .4“ away from the control arm and does that rub on regular driving and off road ing when flexing?

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You may be right, but each of those wheels could have different backspacing All meant to keep the wheel about 1 inch away from the control arm. We will see. My interest is specific to the Badlands wheel, so assuming the Badlands wheel (non squatch) keeps the wheel 1 inch away from the control arm but then I add 315s/35s to those same wheels, my new tires will be .6” wider on each side so now theoretically The sidewall would now only be .4“ away from the control arm and does that rub on regular driving and off road ing when flexing?
Yup. You could be right. The control arm isn’t really a static piece so if it’s designed to be 1” away or maybe half inch away from the stock tire that’s the most limiting thing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@LEGEND

hey bud! Any input here? Is the control arm an inch or less behind the tire on all trim levels, including OBX? Or is there enough space to get a deeper tire. We aren’t sure if the control arm is a solid 1.5” behind the tire on say an OBX or any other trim with 32s. Or if the control arm is tight to the tire on all configurations.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am assuming we could easily upgrade to 32's on the base, with a CPU flash for a tire size they use on any standard model?

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks!!