Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed a level kit and had the front end aligned right away since I couldn't get the bolts to 210lbs, less than 90 days ago so its supposed to be covered by the shop's warranty yet they're giving me the run around and trying to charge me another $160 to realign.

I had been hearing clicking and odd suspension sounds, I found the alignment marks all out of whack and the torque on all four cam bolts were ~20lbs each!!

Are we supposed to retorque these bolts on routine basis, to 210ft lbs? Do these actually loosen after they're properly torqued? I was able to get to 210ft lbs this morning, which is ridiculous to do solo and without a shop lift.
Sponsored

OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Answering my own question, just check the paint marks.

Ford Bronco Loose LCA cam bolts after alignment 33A6D5CC-8D2F-4FD2-8AF4-25E1E8457BD8
Ford Bronco Loose LCA cam bolts after alignment 5AE2A04A-9C1B-4DB3-BB94-F309668F5506

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed a level kit and had the front end aligned right away since I couldn't get the bolts to 210lbs, less than 90 days ago so its supposed to be covered by the shop's warranty yet they're giving me the run around and trying to charge me another $160 to realign.

I had been hearing clicking and odd suspension sounds, I found the alignment marks all out of whack and the torque on all four cam bolts were ~20lbs each!!

Are we supposed to retorque these bolts on routine basis, to 210ft lbs? Do these actually loosen after they're properly torqued? I was able to get to 210ft lbs this morning, which is ridiculous to do solo and without a shop lift.
20 lbs. :rolleyes: Sounds like you need to find a new shop :unsure: .
They should not loosen, the nut is keyed to the cam bolts with channels.
Sponsored