Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Loren Healy (champion offroad racer) describes driving the Bronco as “Mix of a Raptor, a side-by-side, and early Bronco all in one” giphy (79)

Carefully worded in parts, but that leads me to believe other parts were genuine reactions. I dig it.
Sponsored

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you have no expectations of when B&P will arrive you will not be disappointed ;)

I mean technically a basesquatch and a wildtrak will be almost the exact same capability-wise, except for the extra goat modes.

Hey, at least it’s something. Up to this point we’ve heard hardly anything about what it’s like to drive

I honestly think Ford just bit off a LOT with the Bronco. They’ve obviously got the coarse parts down (Body design, powertrain and suspension, off-road capability) but it’s the fine details that they’re still working through. Build and price will be the final say so I’m sure they want it 100% perfect and showing the final product which is not something we have really gotten yet. Putting out various Frankenstein vehicles and concept cars is a different task than “you can order this EXACT vehicle and here’s what it’s gonna look like and cost.”
Agreed but at this point the ambition for perfection and creating a memorable rollout is turning into a sh*tstorm; they’re compromising their relationship with the their customers by making sure the house of cards is stacked perfectly.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agreed but at this point the ambition for perfection and creating a memorable rollout is turning into a sh*tstorm; they’re compromising their relationship with the their customers by making sure the house of cards is stacked perfectly.
Tbh I disagree. Ford is thinking 5-10+ years down the line. At the end of the day a little bit of tumultuous times and confusion for 3 months after the reveal is going to be forgotten.

I’d prefer a rocky rollout a bit early than if they had made us wait a few months to make sure everything went ✨perfect ✨

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With a blend of feel like that sounds like Loren gets as high as I do before hitting the trails. ? I kid....sorta

But really, I think the Bilsteins will ride very well. Someone earlier mentioned FOX which are great also. Personally I'm holding off on upgrading my Squatch Badlands suspension until ICON comes with an option, but I do not consider the ones from the factory to be a slouch by any measure.

IFS should make the front end softish which is good for the streets when riding on 35" MT tires. Everyone just needs to remember that this is more of a desert runner than rock crawler. It'll do rocks, but please don't go try to take your new Bronco on Ultimate Adventure 2022 or anything crazy like that. Now if you get that Raptor Bronco, bets are on!

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Does not surprise me that he compares to a raptor because the front suspension is exactly like the raptor. Given that the bronco has an upper aluminum control arm I would even say that it has a better front suspension setup when compared to the raptor. The raptor is only better because it has more travel and has better shocks. If you extrapolate just think what the raptor bronco will be like? It may be a raptor killer when it comes out.

Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have no expectations of when B&P will arrive you will not be disappointed ;)

I mean technically a basesquatch and a wildtrak will be almost the exact same capability-wise, except for the extra goat modes.

Hey, at least it’s something. Up to this point we’ve heard hardly anything about what it’s like to drive

I honestly think Ford just bit off a LOT with the Bronco. They’ve obviously got the coarse parts down (Body design, powertrain and suspension, off-road capability) but it’s the fine details that they’re still working through. Build and price will be the final say so I’m sure they want it 100% perfect and showing the final product which is not something we have really gotten yet. Putting out various Frankenstein vehicles and concept cars is a different task than “you can order this EXACT vehicle and here’s what it’s gonna look like and cost.”
i just think BP isn’t a big desl at this point. We’re still 10 to 12 weeks from ordering and I am not psyched to open Christmas presents earlier.
I think most of the Buyers already know the basics of what they want, and the approximate pricing for each item. If it’s not on the list og 200 items, we will buy it anyway (later)!!!

I think the majority of the complainers aren't sure if they can afford to buy it anyway. The BP will be their excuse to back out from this exciting challenge.

Hey, this is the first time anyone buying a mass production car has had a chance to spec it out, by item, since the 1970’s. That’s when everything changed to just letting a dealer spec out packages for you (this change actually helped you by not making you think about what you ordered... and it helped you learn to just be satisfied with whatever you get).

Just calm down. It’ll be here in plenty of time, before the order date!!!

www86aws

Base
First Name
Aws
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Still waiting to hear this from a real reviewer.... Patients ?‍♂

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Tbh I disagree. Ford is thinking 5-10+ years down the line. At the end of the day a little bit of tumultuous times and confusion for 3 months after the reveal is going to be forgotten.

I’d prefer a rocky rollout a bit early than if they had made us wait a few months to make sure everything went ✨perfect ✨
But they are making us wait a few months to make sure everything goes perfect. Thats what’s making the rollout rocky.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve said it before. The raptor is the most comfortable vehicle I’ve owned. And one of the most comfortable I’ve ridden in - especially over long distances. If it’s even close I’ll be ecstatic.

I keep waffling on this...and this doesn’t help any ??
I'll help. 2.7 FTW

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d say that’s the perfect description without even riding in one. That seems to be what they were going for. Definitely designed after the Raptor and then took some of Jeeps weaknesses and rolled it into a retro looking Bronco. Can’t be mad at that.
I want mine for trails and overlanding but with those qualities it should do just fine and ride very comfortably.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds pretty cool to me!

From Loren Healy:

I’m so grateful to have gotten the opportunity to spend the day in Johnson Valley with some of the Bronco engineers and durability testing team.

All of us future Bronco owners are in for a huge treat! I had expectations going into this, but my mind was 100% blown by the capabilities of this vehicle. I would describe it as a mix of a Raptor, early Bronco, and a SXS all in one. It absolutely rips in the open desert, but is very nimble and agile, and works as good in the rocks as any other stock vehicle on 33’s or 35’s that I have ever driven!

Ford really has one upped everyone with the new Bronco, and I’m very confident in saying the bar has been raised!

Ford Bronco Loren Healy (champion offroad racer) describes driving the Bronco as “Mix of a Raptor, a side-by-side, and early Bronco all in one” giphy (79)

Instagram post:

That's it? I was kind of hoping to get MORE of his opinion on the Bronco.

RDY4ABRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 540i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i just think BP isn’t a big desl at this point. We’re still 10 to 12 weeks from ordering and I am not psyched to open Christmas presents earlier.
I think most of the Buyers already know the basics of what they want, and the approximate pricing for each item. If it’s not on the list og 200 items, we will buy it anyway (later)!!!

I think the majority of the complainers aren't sure if they can afford to buy it anyway. The BP will be their excuse to back out from this exciting challenge.

Hey, this is the first time anyone buying a mass production car has had a chance to spec it out, by item, since the 1970’s. That’s when everything changed to just letting a dealer spec out packages for you (this change actually helped you by not making you think about what you ordered... and it helped you learn to just be satisfied with whatever you get).

Just calm down. It’ll be here in plenty of time, before the order date!!!

Just some of my thoughts....

I'm anxious about the BP because I want to see the actual builds they intend to offer (body colors matched with roofs, what actual roof colors there will be, vinyl seat colors, etc.). Price is a factor, but it definitely helps to see it all come together for better decision making.

I'm definitely not looking for an excuse to back out and can afford it.....I just hate the long lead up to where we are now and the time it's taken for them to be prepared for this onslaught of interest.

I've had at least two previous purchases of mass produced cars that I've spec'd out as an order. So I'm ready to role as soon as Ford figures this out.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sticking with my 10/13... by 8p CT.