Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What did they have to do to keep it running with fuel door off and the fuel neck exposed? Seems like it would have shut down or at least thrown a code with the fuel door off.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Healy proving all the haters that a stock Bronco on 35"s is all you need. If you lift/mod, you are on your own.

Every single tie rod/steering rack issue is due to lifts/37's/40's.
You forgot to mention wheel offset...this makes an even bigger difference than a lift.

Sponsored

1Five1 Garage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend, F350, 4Runner, 52 Ford F1 RatRod
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d be happy to save any other Broncos like this from the crusher @Fordmotorcompany
As would I. Strictly for scientific and informational purposes for the whole community.

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You forgot to mention wheel offset...this makes an even bigger difference than a lift.
I think I understand but I’m just asking for clarity not to be a dick. You mean more wheel and tire mass sticking farther outside the truck is worse for stress on the rods and other stuff? If any of us ever swap out wheels then it makes sense to find wheels with similar or same offset?

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I understand but I’m just asking for clarity not to be a dick. You mean more wheel and tire mass sticking farther outside the truck is worse for stress on the rods and other stuff? If any of us ever swap out wheels then it makes sense to find wheels with similar or same offset?
Not speaking for Bigmeats but yes. Offset wheels, wheel spacers, etc. yes it does. Folks have gotten away with that for years on jeeps and broncos because of solid front axles, which is no issue on those. How many FJ do we see running wide? Few if any for a good reason.

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That was awesome, time to add corner armor and flush taillights to the list of future mods

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great video! Just a thought, it could be a quality control issue with the Tie rod material because I've watched a few videos of them breaking with hardly any stress or throttle involved although most broke when the front was at full droop with locker on. Then again it’s probably just to light of a tie rod for a off road application. When multiple broncos start braking them on the same obstacle will know for sure.

Honestly I’m surprised we haven’t seen more flops and rollovers due to IFS and newbie’s to off road.

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great find! Fun to watch.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Healy proving all the haters that a stock Bronco on 35"s is all you need. If you lift/mod, you are on your own.

Every single tie rod/steering rack issue is due to lifts/37's/40's.

Well...I wouldn't say EVERY

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Correct, think of the front tire assembly like a ratchet and socket. Bigger tire is like a longer ratchet, wheel offset is like an extension between the socket and the ratchet. Now add a universal joint at the socket (your steering knuckle) .

Without the support
of your other hand (tie rod) the universal joint at the socket will "buckle" before the ratchet rotate s the socket (your tire) the more force you apply, the more you need to support the far end of the ratchet with your other hand (the stronger the tie rod needs to be)

Now add some (steering) angle to the operation so the ujoint is not straight....Even more support is needed by your other hand (tie rods)

Hope that makes sense.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What did they have to do to keep it running with fuel door off and the fuel neck exposed? Seems like it would have shut down or at least thrown a code with the fuel door off.
The capless filler should do all the sealing, I don't think the Bronco knows or cares that the door is missing.
Sponsored