First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just read the other Galpin thread as well. I don’t know who that person was but he was wound up tight way before he arrived at the dealership. First off you had to have a reservation. You check in they provided water chips cookies and sprite. The fact they offered beverages for people since there wasn’t a canopy I felt was very nice. They gave a 10 to 15 min Presentation that was informative and they were answering everyone’s questions while others were inside of the Outer Banks model. They would not allow us to go into the black diamond but we were able to touch it and look inside and ask as many questions as we wanted. The tops looked great. Way better than a competitor and the fact that they showed how it folded completely in the back of the black diamond looked awesome and made me rethink my MIC top was even necessary. They had to sanitize the Outer Banks between people or groups getting in. For every reservation they only allowed plus one. Not one Galpin dealership person was involved. This was a bronco event and those guys basically came out to enjoy snacks and the Broncos since everyone there was there for the bronco. I bet you that guys gonna be really pissed off if he didn’t get the bronco carabiner clip. I’m looking forward to using it on my Badlands keys as it’s orange. I appreciate the event and I made a lot of heads turn as I left since I took my 67 Chevelle and was thumpin on the way in and out lol.

70F54BB7-F668-4509-A86E-AD3DC032CF39.jpeg
Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My first sight of the real thing. First of all the Ford staff was great. They allowed two additional folks under my event registration (friends that are bronco reservation holders). There was not a Sasq to see so my initial perception was that the two four door trims-one was a black diamond-were not as large as I has expected. However they were just the right size. Most of the photos I saw prior to this event made the interior look larger. That said, the real thing was fine. It is afterall a jeep-like suv, not an f-150 like I currently drive. The upholstery in both looked much better in person especially the black diamond mgv. Very impressive overall. My main disappointment was driving home knowing that I have so much time until mine will be delivered-but it will be worth the wait. My lasting euphoria? Ford stepped up to the plate and hit the long ball. They brought back a unique American icon. Yeah I am one of the old guys on B6G: My first memory of a bronco was a white over boxwood green in 1970, caught my then youthful ford-oriented attention and never let go. Bought a 1990 bronco new, but family responsibilities required it be sold all too soon. Third time is a charm. Unfortunately the unsuspecting bronco I ultimately get (early my 22) has no idea how diverse its use and how long my ownership will be-very long. The mall, the Mojave Trail, shuttling grand-kids around (if we ever get some), Johnson Valley, Death Valley, starbucks, you name it. Rest assured I will eventually drive it into the ground literally but I will wash it, wax it and polish it repeatedly in the mean time! Thank you Ford! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went to the same event and was bummed that there was no two door and we could only get in the Outer Banks and not the Black Diamond. But I was able to feel the washout floor and I was surprised how soft and sponges it was. Not in a bad way. I just assumed it would be hard.

Sitting in the 4 door OB I was surprised how tight it felt for me being 205 lbs. and 6’ tall. It wasn’t too small but it definitely felt like it was putting you right in the action.

I am getting a 2door and seeing the 4doors in person left me underwhelmed. I didn’t get any tingly feeling but that was probably being stuck with a 4 door OB.

Anyway I took some measurements to put the question of center console depth to rest. The Cactus Gray one is the BD. I tried to get some pics of the shocks and under the top hat a little so when someone gets some pics of a SAS setup we can compare to stock.

Ford Bronco Los Angeles Galpin Ford Bronco Event Pics D08620CF-3015-45CE-9385-7B3B5B138D95

Ford Bronco Los Angeles Galpin Ford Bronco Event Pics F943D319-2D87-4E02-95B3-E68790297901

Ford Bronco Los Angeles Galpin Ford Bronco Event Pics 1C993F88-C710-4BC6-9E08-395E30D0EF0D

Ford Bronco Los Angeles Galpin Ford Bronco Event Pics A509FECC-93A2-4194-869A-FC721147FF06

Ford Bronco Los Angeles Galpin Ford Bronco Event Pics C14CA435-334A-441A-8F20-DB8D921DBE05

Ford Bronco Los Angeles Galpin Ford Bronco Event Pics 304BC24F-99D2-4CF6-AFEA-76CA23A1DA31

Ford Bronco Los Angeles Galpin Ford Bronco Event Pics 5F64D83D-5B64-40CF-8201-6A863D0E32DF

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyway I took some measurements to put the question of center console depth to rest. The Cactus Gray one is the BD. I tried to get some pics of the shocks and under the top hat a little so when someone gets some pics of a SAS setup we can compare to stock.

D08620CF-3015-45CE-9385-7B3B5B138D95.jpeg
Good to know there is room for a good console safe and a full size pistol in there. Hopefully they can do a 50/50 split safe like the one I had in my Raptor.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you so much for the tape measure shots. I have been looking for something confirming exterior dimensions listed in specifications. I was particularly interested in the height just to make sure the Wildtrak I ordered would fit in the garage. Oddly, all the models show “73 base soft top” as height even though we know Wildtrak has Sas and should indicate about an inch taller than non-Sas. Maybe I’m misinterpreting Ford’s listed dimensions. I wasn’t trusting their dimensions as being highly accurate and more nominal in nature. Anyway, I’ve got max 82” opening to work with, so your photo confirms I should be okay height wise. I don’t think MIC top added to your tape measure shot will total close to 82 inches. Probably even have room for rack when that gets figured out for Sas trim.

By the way, does anybody have a reliable length dimension from front of bumper to back of spare tire?

Thanks again MVP!

Bob

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any thoughts on why they weren't letting anyone sit in the Black Diamond? Are they worried about issues with wearing out the MGV or floor and it being seen? I'm just curious about that. It seems suspicious.

I'm in South Florida and we had a Big Bend (cloth) and Outer Banks (leather) and we could sit in both.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any thoughts on why they weren't letting anyone sit in the Black Diamond? Are they worried about issues with wearing out the MGV or floor and it being seen? I'm just curious about that. It seems suspicious.

I'm in South Florida and we had a Big Bend (cloth) and Outer Banks (leather) and we could sit in both.
I wonder if it was too hot to sit in. OP commented on the MGV being hot.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The seat material I bet was hot due to it being the color black not because it was MGV.

Sponsored

CoolTech

Wildtrak
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Holy cow did I get an ass-whoopin' for posting the "other" Galpin thread. Yes, I was grumpy... and I guess my expectations were not aligned for with what the event was. I DID register for the event and had an appointment. I simply wanted to go, look, sit-in, and see Broncos in different trims and had really expected to see at least a 2-door like I ordered. My "gripes" were - having to wait around, no 2-door Broncos, no hardtops Broncos, just two well-used 4-door Broncos that were roped off. Ok, yeah, they eventually took the ropes down and yeah, I "missed" an opportunity to touch and feel - but with no 2-door and no hardtops, yes, I lost interest. I had hope/expected that this "largest Ford Dealership in the nation" - and presumably a lot of orders would have had a better Bronco showing. Was a single 2-door or a single hardtop too much to expect?

(And no, I didn't close the other thread - must have been the moderators after they saw the clear knock-out and my eyes rolled up into the back of my head.)

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Holy cow did I get an ass-whoopin' for posting the "other" Galpin thread. Yes, I was grumpy... and I guess my expectations were not aligned for with what the event was. I DID register for the event and had an appointment. I simply wanted to go, look, sit-in, and see Broncos in different trims and had really expected to see at least a 2-door like I ordered. My "gripes" were - having to wait around, no 2-door Broncos, no hardtops Broncos, just two well-used 4-door Broncos that were roped off. Ok, yeah, they eventually took the ropes down and yeah, I "missed" an opportunity to touch and feel - but with no 2-door and no hardtops, yes, I lost interest. I had hope/expected that this "largest Ford Dealership in the nation" - and presumably a lot of orders would have had a better Bronco showing. Was a single 2-door or a single hardtop too much to expect?

(And no, I didn't close the other thread - must have been the moderators after they saw the clear knock-out and my eyes rolled up into the back of my head.)
I don't think they have ANY two-door Broncos on the roadshow - anywhere. It's a disappointment to many, me included.

I understand that four-door a will probably outsell the two-door 4:1, but it's a bit of a slap in the face for Ford to force people with a two-door on order to just accept it completely sight unseen.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The seat material I bet was hot due to it being the color black not because it was MGV.
Despite some photos, the mgv is not black like the leather in the BL, rather two tone gray. I was there in the late, hot afternoon sun and when I touched the mgv it did not seem hot to the touch.

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still waiting for a fully doorless pic of stock Black Diamond. Fingers crossed some of the other dealers in California will hook us up and take the doors off at their dealer

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Despite some photos, the mgv is not black like the leather in the BL, rather two tone gray. I was there in the late, hot afternoon sun and when I touched the mgv it did not seem hot to the touch.
Did you mean to say like the MGV in the Badlands? Or the Leather in the badlands?
Sponsored