Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My first sight of the real thing. First of all the Ford staff was great. They allowed two additional folks under my event registration (friends that are bronco reservation holders). There was not a Sasq to see so my initial perception was that the two four door trims-one was a black diamond-were not as large as I has expected. However they were just the right size. Most of the photos I saw prior to this event made the interior look larger. That said, the real thing was fine. It is afterall a jeep-like suv, not an f-150 like I currently drive. The upholstery in both looked much better in person especially the black diamond mgv. Very impressive overall. My main disappointment was driving home knowing that I have so much time until mine will be delivered-but it will be worth the wait. My lasting euphoria? Ford stepped up to the plate and hit the long ball. They brought back a unique American icon. Yeah I am one of the old guys on B6G: My first memory of a bronco was a white over boxwood green in 1970, caught my then youthful ford-oriented attention and never let go. Bought a 1990 bronco new, but family responsibilities required it be sold all too soon. Third time is a charm. Unfortunately the unsuspecting bronco I ultimately get (early my 22) has no idea how diverse its use and how long my ownership will be-very long. The mall, the Mojave Trail, shuttling grand-kids around (if we ever get some), Johnson Valley, Death Valley, starbucks, you name it. Rest assured I will eventually drive it into the ground literally but I will wash it, wax it and polish it repeatedly in the mean time! Thank you Ford! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
This. ā˜šŸ½This is why I feel bad for anyone who looks at vehicles as just appliances.
Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you mean to say like the MGV in the Badlands? Or the Leather in the badlands?
I think the mgv color in both the BL and BD are the same approximate shade. While the leather in the BL is black as opposed to dark gray. The problem is many of the photos do not accurately capture true colors. My main point was clariying for beahin 74 that the mgv in the BD was not black as they had speculated.

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

anyone hear about events like this is western Washington??

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the mgv color in both the BL and BD are the same approximate shade. While the leather in the BL is black as opposed to dark gray. The problem is many of the photos do not accurately capture true colors. My main point was clariying for beahin 74 that the mgv in the BD was not black as they had speculated.
thanks for the clarification. People kept calling the MGV in the badlands black, but to me it always looked for charcoal gray. This confirms it.

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any thoughts on why they weren't letting anyone sit in the Black Diamond? Are they worried about issues with wearing out the MGV or floor and it being seen? I'm just curious about that. It seems suspicious.

I'm in South Florida and we had a Big Bend (cloth) and Outer Banks (leather) and we could sit in both.
No idea. The woman giving the presentation just said that the BD was not available to sit in and that the doors were locked, but did not offer any further explanation.

A few things:
The steering wheel felt small to me. I guess that would be helpful when off-road? Not sure, but I was weirded out by that.

The cabin felt smaller than my Edge Sport and my GLC63. Being that the driver door was off, I could not get a better feel of just how I will truly fit. I donā€™t anticipate it being an issue, but it is definitely noticeable.

Hero switches and steering wheel buttons felt good. Aux switches felt cheap and plasticky, and the click felt hollow. Not sure how else to describe it, but I donā€™t feel like the engagement had any substance. Dash top and panel felt better than I expected, but definitely not premium.

One of the other helpers got scolded by OBL guy when he noticed I was investigating the options and things on the large screen. It seems that there should not have been any power to the OB. I didnā€™t get to look at any MPG on the IC, as I was was looking at the settings and fooling with the 12ā€ screen, to verify whether colored ambient lighting exists. It does not.

The rear ā€œtrunkā€ area is small. Very small. Those of you with designs to haul a bunch of stuff in the back are going to be disappointed. Iā€™m going to be hard pressed to fit my 2 foldable ebā€™s back there, so thatā€™s a bummer.

The bronze dash appears darker in person, so that was a pleasant surprise. If you are an OB buyer and were concerned about that, you might be ok.

I left feeling good about this purchase and seeing cactus in person, on a bronco in full sunlight, solidified my choice. Itā€™s a great color, albeit not the hue I originally lusted after, but I love it and am excited to have it on my BL. One guy I spoke to, who visits the forums, was in line next to me and he said he had an A51 on order, but after seeing the cactus in person, he was going to change it to cactus. I donā€™t blame him. There was an A51 BS there and I didnā€™t care for it. At all. It was underwhelming and weird.

The water, snacks and carabiner were nice little perks. There was one EB there in Gulf livery that blew my mind. Overall, a decent little showing.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
BadlandsJP

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think they have ANY two-door Broncos on the roadshow - anywhere. It's a disappointment to many, me included.

I understand that four-door a will probably outsell the two-door 4:1, but it's a bit of a slap in the face for Ford to force people with a two-door on order to just accept it completely sight unseen.
If you waited for the short presentation they went over the fact that the groups were assigned only four doors for the roadshow. It was an opportunity to sit inside to see the space as well as visually the body lines and size in person. It was nice to see the colors since every picture is distorted including the ones I took still show a light green you but I promise you to the naked eye it is more gray it looked awesome. It wouldā€™ve been nice to see an area 51 as a reference but itā€™s all good

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The steering wheel felt small to me. I guess that would be helpful when off-road? Not sure, but I was weirded out by that.
I was glad to see the steering wheel smaller than what is in the F-150 at work. I also appreciated the telescoping column.

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was glad to see the steering wheel smaller than what is in the F-150 at work. I also appreciated the telescoping column.
The size of the steering wheel was what I first noticed. Loved it as it gave me some more knee room. Leg room was my biggest concern but felt great. I am 6' 1", 36" inseam and the leg room was a little shorter than our '12 Pilot, but so so so much better than our 04 tacoma. Hip room felt comparable to the Pilot but gave up some width in the center console area. Overall a great feel when compared to the Tacoma.

Was so excited just to sit inside; and people were waiting so I neglected to play with any switches. Will have plenty of time later I guess. :)

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the pics John-Paul. I saw the black OBX in some pictures a few days ago. That dang thing cost me 2K dollars more on the price of my OBX because of the leather interior. I was just fine, and dandy with the cloth interior until I saw those pictures. Oh well, in for penny, in for a pound. :)

David12691

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
MGV felt like spongy soft rubber to me. I was expecting it to be firmer. The leather felt better, but I'm sure MGV will wear well. Really didn't have/ take enough time to get a good feel for for it as we couldn't sit in it.

They allowed me to sit in the CG because I wanted to get a feel for my driving position with the drivers door closed. MGV felt about as nice to sit in as the leather. Yes the leather feels more "quality" but the MGV felt like it could withstand more abuse than the leather. But otherwise I think they are pretty comparable.

Sponsored

David12691

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any thoughts on why they weren't letting anyone sit in the Black Diamond? Are they worried about issues with wearing out the MGV or floor and it being seen? I'm just curious about that. It seems suspicious.

I'm in South Florida and we had a Big Bend (cloth) and Outer Banks (leather) and we could sit in both.
A lot of people here think this is suspicious or unfair. They allowed me to sit in both, the OBX glove box was locked but the BD wasn't. When I opened it it seemed like there was a lot of stuff (some of which looked like personal Items) could be that.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So is that the ā€œofficialā€ color of Cactus Grey? If so I may have to change my order from Area 51 to that. I like it there.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess would be one less to clean & keep better traffic control on. You know pandemic and all :unsure:

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you waited for the short presentation they went over the fact that the groups were assigned only four doors for the roadshow. It was an opportunity to sit inside to see the space as well as visually the body lines and size in person. It was nice to see the colors since every picture is distorted including the ones I took still show a light green you but I promise you to the naked eye it is more gray it looked awesome. It wouldā€™ve been nice to see an area 51 as a reference but itā€™s all good
To my naked eye it was very obviously light green. I was expecting it to look like light gray putty but it was very much light green like a cactus.
Sponsored