MiddleAgeGeek

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m new to the bronco world and never owned a jeep either. And I’ve read for a year about how easy the soft top is compared to historical vehicles. Then by god, you guys deserve a Purple Heart. Because I find this soft top to be incredibly difficult to operate. It doesn’t help that my dealer says my frame is bent. But I just spent an hour putting the sides and back windows in. Getting the grooves to fit, having the top slide of the windows slide in between the top and the cables and such. Getting the corners to pop in and stay in. Lastly buckling and Velcro. Im ready for the flames, I get it. But seriously, I don’t know what kind of ju ju these video makers are taking to slide it on in 5 min with no problems, but please send me a bucket of it.
Sponsored

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your new at it, being a former jeep owner and those having a variety of Best Tops soft tops. I find the bronco soft top very easy to take down / put up / disassemble and reassemble. Just keep doing it and you will master it. The door removal with bags, now that is one really nice thing Ford has that jeep does not.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Learning anything new is difficult. I’ve removed and replaced the rear windows about 4 times now, and it’s getting much easier each time. Take your time, be careful, and the frustrations will go away. I have come to really like having a soft top.

my .02

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It will loosen up over time, the more it's used. Frustrating for sure in the beginning though.

Sponsored
OP
OP

MiddleAgeGeek

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks all. Sorry for venting.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made the video a while back. It might help understand where you need to be putting pressure. I can now do this last part in seconds.

Broski5738

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You'll be a pro after doing it a few times...
One trick to do is throw the windows in the sun before reinstalling...helps loosen up rubber and plastic

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's definately no Mustang Soft top. (two latches, hit a button, and it auto folds ALL the way)

Sponsored

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Best tip is to open top half way.
Can’t stress this enough. Took me 15-20 minutes the first few times I did it. Was so frustrating. Then I watched multiple videos that said it was easy and noticed the top was never all the way down when putting the windows back on. Now, 5-10 minutes tops.

One other tip I got is to get inside the Bronco in the 2nd row when pulling the top up. That way you can do it evenly vs. one side trying to pull all the way up and over.

Last edited:

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's really not that complicated. It takes some finesse for certain components to line up but I can have mine off and back on again in minutes, and this is my first soft top or removable top vehicle ever. I'm also petite and not strong at all 🤣 it's less muscle and more making sure you are taking the appropriate steps. I'd recommend reviewing the process for a better understanding. The best part though, is position one. Two latches, flip it back, and voila, open air.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’d the frame is legit bent, and the dealer says so, then why are they not replacing it? Are they claiming you damaged it and they won’t warranty it? Sounds questionable at best to me.

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m new to the bronco world and never owned a jeep either. And I’ve read for a year about how easy the soft top is compared to historical vehicles. Then by god, you guys deserve a Purple Heart. Because I find this soft top to be incredibly difficult to operate. It doesn’t help that my dealer says my frame is bent. But I just spent an hour putting the sides and back windows in. Getting the grooves to fit, having the top slide of the windows slide in between the top and the cables and such. Getting the corners to pop in and stay in. Lastly buckling and Velcro. Im ready for the flames, I get it. But seriously, I don’t know what kind of ju ju these video makers are taking to slide it on in 5 min with no problems, but please send me a bucket of it.
Agree with you. The bad part for me is I was encouraged to switch to a soft top to get my bronco earlier. It didn’t help. I got mine a week ago from a 2020 reservation. I’m going to try to go through a year or 2 and get then get a hard top. The soft top will end up in a dumpster I’m sure where it belongs.
Sponsored