Optimus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Woke up to bronco with a dead battery on Tuesday. Bronco was in garage lights off etc. Jumped it off and later in the day got the warning about low battery. Took to the dealer today(Friday) and they said the battery was bad. Less than 5 hours after parking it the ford pass sent me a warning about low battery. I checked the negative cables as others have suggested but everything seems fine. One thing that has me puzzled is noises coming from my rear tires. The bronco is off and locked in garage and I clearly hear electrical pulse noises from both tires. Anyone have any idea as to what it is? In the video you can hear the noises. I’m not a rocket scientist but common sense tells me whatever the pulse noises are drawing power. Some specs on ride are 2.7, obx, non sas, mid package with towing.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There have been a few folks with battery issues. From what i can recall the alternators were not replaced under warranty, just the battery.

It always helps to diagnose battery issues if you can give us the voltage of your battery at rest, voltage drop while trying to start it, and that you have already confirmed a valid ground (not that the battery has a negative lead on it, but that the battery is grounded properly). So grab your multi-meter and get some readings on it as that's your first step in the process.

Reactions: Cat

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Bronco has electric parking brake...maybe it's acting up?

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco has electric parking brake...maybe it's acting up?
That’s what I was thinking too. Feel around and see if anything’s warmer on the rears.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder if there's a fuse for the parking brake? You could pop the fuse and see if the sound goes away. I'm not sure how they actually work, meaning I assume they don't need current to stay on. But if they're going on and off, then they are definitely using power.

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Set your center dash right panel to “Gauges” it will display battery voltage. Keep an eye on when it’s parked and driving voltages. It will help knowing some data.

OP
OP
Optimus

Optimus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I tried pulling the fuses for the parking brake but sound still there. The volts on the battery were 12.4 at rest, 13.1-14.3 while driving. Just parked the bronco in the garage and will test battery again in the morning. The sound really has me scratching my head.

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

12.4 at rest is weak.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

12.4 at rest is weak.
It is? Sounds about right for a 12v battery, and 13-15v while running with the Alternator.

When you go to start the vehicle, if the volts drop below 10..the your battery isn't cutting it.

OP
OP
Optimus

Optimus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Battery was reading 12.4 V this morning. When starting the bronco it dropped to 10.8 for a fraction of a second. Continuing to run between 13.1 and 14.5 while driving it.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Battery was reading 12.4 V this morning. When starting the bronco it dropped to 10.8 for a fraction of a second. Continuing to run between 13.1 and 14.5 while driving it.

I don't know Bronco specific, but that sounds exactly correct for just about every car I've ever had.

One thing worth noting, I don't know how responsive or accurate the dash voltage meter is.. So you may want to look at your starting drop voltage using a multimeter.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Woke up to bronco with a dead battery on Tuesday. Bronco was in garage lights off etc. Jumped it off and later in the day got the warning about low battery. Took to the dealer today(Friday) and they said the battery was bad. Less than 5 hours after parking it the ford pass sent me a warning about low battery. I checked the negative cables as others have suggested but everything seems fine. One thing that has me puzzled is noises coming from my rear tires. The bronco is off and locked in garage and I clearly hear electrical pulse noises from both tires. Anyone have any idea as to what it is? In the video you can hear the noises. I’m not a rocket scientist but common sense tells me whatever the pulse noises are drawing power. Some specs on ride are 2.7, obx, non sas, mid package with towing.
Hi there! This doesn't sound like the kind of experience we want you to have with your Ford Bronco. If you can send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information, I'd be happy to look into your vehicle concerns.
Sponsored