First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went wheeling recently, and everything went well...except as soon as I got back to level ground, I noticed dropping from the driver side rocker area. I examined the fluid, and though it was just dog water from inside the car that may have ran down through the washout plug. When I got back in the car, there was a wiper fluid warning light. I thought that as strange because I had not used the squirts yet. I didn't immediately make the connection between drips from driver side rocker and low wiper fluid, but eventually the light in my head came on and I decided to buy a gallon of distilled water for a leak check. Poured it in, and no leak right away...but after using the squirts to systems check and a short drive from the grocery store home, distilled water leaking from both passenger and driver side rocker areas. The bottle is on the passenger side, and I can't figure out the plumbing without removing inner fender panels and so forth. Yes, it is under warranty, but I'd have to leave Bronco with the dealer for who knows how long...and deal with them having to take off the same panels I would have to. So the question is...anyone else on the forum experiencing the same thing? I suspect it is a matter of the assembly line not connecting a hose someplace all the way, but I am stumped as to why I have a leak on both sides of the car. I know a hose has to run to the rear window, but I have no idea as to where it crosses over.
Sponsored

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello! The bottle itself (or the neck) is not my issue...mine filled easily and quickly. The issue is it leaks from under the car nowhere near the bottle from both passenger and driver side rocker panels. I imagine a loose connector underneath, but I am dreading having to go hunting for it without a hose routing diagram.
Huh, sorry I could have sworn they talked about washer fluid hoses/fixing in that thread. Unfortunately, hole hunting is gonna be necessary here, I think.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wonder....
I know the fitting for the rear washer are on the driver's side of the car at the back end, maybe a fitting loose as it snakes its' way back there? most logical place would probably be by the cowl and then down low along the rocker panel.

maybe that's it?

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like my wife's 2018 GC. I would always ask her if she was pulling off the side of the road and donating her washer fluid to people because it seems like I filled the damn thing 4-5x during winter. Dealership ending up replacing the bottle under warranty. Only issue in 36k miles besides her losing 2 key fobs so it wasn't a big deal.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Huh, sorry I could have sworn they talked about washer fluid hoses/fixing in that thread. Unfortunately, hole hunting is gonna be necessary here, I think.
isnt it always?

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Found the leak! Ford routes a rubber line from the wiper bottle to the rear of the passenger seat, inside the vehicle, and then it makes a 90 degree with a plastic fitting. Then, the fitting connects to a plastic ribbed line that crosses under the passenger seat to the driver's side...where it connects to another 90 and then to a rubber line that goes to the rear window nozzle. My plastic ribbed line has a pinhole leak...and only after running the rear squirts it would build a vacuum and then slowly draw all the fluid out of the bottle. It ran down the footwell, then forward until it could run out of the door sill and under the car via a cutout near a pinch weld in the rocker. Dunno why Ford chose to use a plastic line in an area in which someone could easily step on it, but I may replace that section with a rubber line. Good thing I have a Badlands, with no carpet...

Last edited:

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Found the leak! Ford routes a rubber line from the wiper bottle to the rear of the passenger seat, inside the vehicle, and then it makes a 90 degree with a plastic fitting. Then, the fitting connects to a plastic ribbed line that crosses under the passenger seat to the driver's side...where it connects to another 90 and then to a rubber line that goes to the rear window nozzle. My plastic ribbed line has a pinhole leak...and only after running the rear squirts it would build a vacuum and then slowly draw all the fluid out of the bottle. It ran down the footwell, then forward until it could run out of the door sill and under the car via a cutout near a pinch weld in the rocker. Dunno why Ford chose to use a plastic line in an area in which someone could easily step in it, but I may replace that section with a rubber line. Good thing I have a Badlands, with no carpet...
Take it to the dealer so it’s documented you doing a home repair does not help the rest of us out let it be documented bye ford so they know it’s an issue

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would for a major issue but for this it would have meant waiting for days to have the dealer fit me in then more days for the part and then my side panel not fitting together they way it should after a tech pulls the panels off...so I will just replace that entire corrugated section of wiper hose with a rubber section (like the rest of the sections are). I will still document it when I go to the dealer to buy extra clips for the panel (several were missing from the factory and it is good to have spares).

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dude make ford pay for the missing clips. That’s warranty. I had to do that on my explorer. All but one clip was missing from the sound deadening material underneath.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dude make ford pay for the missing clips. That’s warranty. I had to do that on my explorer. All but one clip was missing from the sound deadening material underneath.
I will certainly ask...but even though I am a mechanic, I suspect the only way they will warranty the clips or the silly corrugated line is if they themselves pulled it apart (versus me bringing in the pieces). Also, from the factory Ford circles the spots in the panel that they want clips installed on in a colored grease pencil, and two spots with no clips (that are designed to take clips) were not even circled. What sucks is being a mechanic and having to take your personal car to another mechanic for warranty claims and when the other mechanic f¢#@s something up (which often happens). I once had a G-Wagen with a sunroof that would not reset to the fully closed position the last 1/8 inch, and when MB pulled the headliner to get to the motor (the easy way to reset the assembly didn't work), they broke several clips that keep the headliner tight to the surround of the sunroof frame. They wouldn't admit that they broke those clips, and I ended up with a sagging headliner. My cost for a new one would have been...get this...2000 dollars +shipping (and then I would have had to install it). As a result, my trust for some other mechanics varies.

Last edited:

Mu5tachi0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have this issue as well… will be taking to the dealer

Also have an issue w the windows not always going down when you open the door and when you close it it pushes against the window seal, there is a gap and air leak

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have this issue as well… will be taking to the dealer

Also have an issue w the windows not always going down when you open the door and when you close it it pushes against the window seal, there is a gap and air leak
Did you lose all your washer fluid and get a low fluid light? And is your fluid leaking from any particular noticeable area? I found out that mine had a noticeable depression in the corrugated line that corresponded with a rib in the floor under the rear seat...as if someone kneeled on it during assembly. The line is meant to be flexible and to not close of pressure is put in it/on it, but for whatever reason mine had a series of small holes along a longitudinal crease. I replaced the line and all is well for now, fingers crossed.

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would for a major issue but for this it would have meant waiting for days to have the dealer fit me in then more days for the part and then my side panel not fitting together they way it should after a tech pulls the panels off...so I will just replace that entire corrugated section of wiper hose with a rubber section (like the rest of the sections are). I will still document it when I go to the dealer to buy extra clips for the panel (several were missing from the factory and it is good to have spares).
I don’t blame you… I had/have a question about driving the Sas without the beauty rings (getting powder coated) and having to put the bolts back in. I call 20 dealers service department across the nation, and for corporate. None know the answer, oh except for one receptionist that answered the phone😂. Make me never want to bring my bronco in!
Sponsored