Sponsored

Lowest safe PSI for SAS tires without beadlocks for offroading?

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did a search but couldn't find answer...
What would be the lowest safe PSI for SAS tires without beadlocks for offroading? What is the lowest that you have air downed to? Thanks.
Sponsored

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
14-15 psi should be perfectly fine. 12-13psi is getting sketchy depending on the terrain. If you’ve got a lot of rocks and side loads on the tires 12-13 might cause an issue and de-bead. But 12-13psi would be fine for the beach. Safe answer? 15psi

antman92

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i did 15psi and next time im going to go lower

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
14-15 psi should be perfectly fine. 12-13psi is getting sketchy depending on the terrain. If you’ve got a lot of rocks and side loads on the tires 12-13 might cause an issue and de-bead. But 12-13psi would be fine for the beach. Safe answer? 15psi
This right here is the correct answer. Don't go lower than 12-15 if you don't know how to fix your bead if it pops off the rim.

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I take my JKU on 35's down to 15psi with no worries. Plenty of Jeepers go lower and down to 12psi with no beadlocks but I just can't seem to do it. This is for rocky terrain.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

FYI there is a reason the Ford Roadeos are keeping the tire psi way above 20. The GY have issues with sidewall punctures in the rocks as they are only C rated.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FYI there is a reason the Ford Roadeos are keeping the tire psi way above 20. The GY have issues with sidewall punctures in the rocks as they are only C rated.
Instructors at Nevada Off Roadeo said 19 is the lowest they’ll go on these tires. I think they have some experience, so I’ll stick with that.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So far the sweet spot for me has been between 15 and 20, depending on the terrain. They are fairly soft tires as is, being only C rated.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Instructors at Nevada Off Roadeo said 19 is the lowest they’ll go on these tires. I think they have some experience, so I’ll stick with that.
yeah when I ran NV, they were 28 lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ironiguana

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the responses. Seems like the consensus is about the 15-20 range. I was looking at the Staun deflators and their default is 18 PSI. I was going to use that as a starting point but wanted to ask the experts first.

Reactions: JPG

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the responses. Seems like the consensus is about the 15-20 range. I was looking at the Staun deflators and their default is 18 PSI. I was going to use that as a starting point but wanted to ask the experts first.
Good choice, they are one of the best deflators. It's really a question of what kind of trail and feeling. You will find your sweet spot .

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly. When I attended Nevada Off-Rodeo they had tires on all Broncos at 28 PSI. I would for sure recommend north of 20 on the stock Goodyears . . . if you go with an alternative tire with stronger sidewalls it would be a different story. I have my eyes on Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT's. They have what is called their "Powerply technology" with a heavier denier cord for puncture resistance. They also claim this technology brings quicker steering response and greater stability . . . but that might just be marketing flimflam. Regardless I will trust them more than the Goodyear Territory MT's on my SAS Badlands when airing down.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how do the K02 compare from the badlands? Do they have the same c rating and sidewalls?
Sponsored