First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone have any leads on a Lowrance GPS mount for the Bronco interior? I would really like to mount a HDS-9 in front of the passenger, flat dash area, but it definitely would cover the airbag. I’m not having any luck locating a mount….
Sponsored

mhorvath1218

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an HDS9 in my boat…. Curious why would you need one in anything but a boat. I assume theres a way to load road maps, but what for? Plus theres gotta be cheaper car focused alternatives to a fish finder/mfd.

OP
OP
Yamapro

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have an HDS9 in my boat…. Curious why would you need one in anything but a boat. I assume theres a way to load road maps, but what for? Plus theres gotta be cheaper car focused alternatives to a fish finder/mfd.
It’s the absolute best option for off-road gps navigation. Download detailed maps with plotted courses. Every off-road race truck uses them.

BomberBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Bronco II, 23 Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe his bronco is fording deeper creeks than ours? :D

In all seriousness... This peaked my interest too. Is there another use for the HDS units? That would be cool.

BomberBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s the absolute best option for off-road gps navigation. Download detailed maps with plotted courses. Every off-road race truck uses them.
That's awesome. I'm going to have to give it a try!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Yamapro

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Maybe his bronco is fording deeper creeks than ours? :D

In all seriousness... This peaked my interest too. Is there another use for the HDS units? That would be cool.
It’s basically a large screen purpose built navigation device. Lots of serious off-road guys use them. It’s for areas where phone service doesn’t exist. Think Baja…

OP
OP
Yamapro

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

BomberBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well let me know if you locate a good mount other than a tension arm.

I use a Ram ball mount on my bass boat. I wonder if there's a Ram mount to picatinny. That way we could hook into all the aftermarket accessory dash mounts

OP
OP
Yamapro

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I use a Ram ball mount on my bass boat. I wonder if there's a Ram mount to picatinny. That way we could hook into all the aftermarket accessory dash mounts
I’m sure that could be done but the weight and size of the hds-9 would be a lot for the dash pic rail. I’m hoping for more substantial brackets. EXO requires a Lowrance type gps for their Baja runs and I’m highly considering attending but I need to add a couple of items to my truck including the gps. In all honesty there are multiple occasions I would have loved to have one available.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Yamapro

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm a little out of my expertise here... but possibly this mount would spread weight into more secure contact points. It's all I can think of off the top of my head, and I have no clue just how strong the mount would be.

Expedition Essentials Mount
Hey that looks much better than everything I have found thus far, Thanks Bomberbill!

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m sure that could be done but the weight and size of the hds-9 would be a lot for the dash pic rail. I’m hoping for more substantial brackets. EXO requires a Lowrance type gps for their Baja runs and I’m highly considering attending but I need to add a couple of items to my truck including the gps. In all honesty there are multiple occasions I would have loved to have one available.
I had the same problem no good way to mount my GPS for Baja. End up using a iPad mini with a Garmin GlO 2 running Gaia. EXO allows these on the bronco runs since bigger units don’t fit well.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've come up with 2 solid options so far.

The first option is the RAM floor mount plate with an adjustable pedestal that's made for laptops. I've got one from my Gen 1 Raptor that I used for precision ag surveys with a Trimble RTK setup, so I bought a new floor plate for the Bronco and temporarily installed it with an HDS 12 from a boat. That unit is just too big, but it was fairly stable and it can be moved to a suitable location by rotating the arms. An HDS 7 or HDS9 would be a much better option for this bracket.

The second option is using @EIGHTLUG's Archetype Racing BYOD rail and BALLS. I got a new Garmin Tread XL Baja Race unit and mounted AR BALLS on the sides, then used 2 more AR Balls on the rail attached to a 67Designs Nano arm on each side. I've been driving around with it all week and it's solid with no vibration or movement. The only downside is that it covers a significant portion of the windshield, but it's not unusable.

I'm sure there are other mounting options out there, but those were the only 2 I could find that seemed practical with the limited space the Bronco provides.

Ford Bronco Lowrance GPS Mount? 4B1C4D28-1555-4419-9E6E-D38546DD57FE
Ford Bronco Lowrance GPS Mount? 44FB0A86-D691-4D44-BC99-3F9D543034AC
Ford Bronco Lowrance GPS Mount? 168E9611-E21F-4DEA-A285-280715671F60
Ford Bronco Lowrance GPS Mount? 572A001B-135E-4589-8FF2-861FCA4BC490

OP
OP
Yamapro

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had the same problem no good way to mount my GPS for Baja. End up using a iPad mini with a Garmin GlO 2 running Gaia. EXO allows these on the bronco runs since bigger units don’t fit well.
I’m going to check the dash over and see if I can figure a way to make and mount a bracket
I've come up with 2 solid options so far.

The first option is the RAM floor mount plate with an adjustable pedestal that's made for laptops. I've got one from my Gen 1 Raptor that I used for precision ag surveys with a Trimble RTK setup, so I bought a new floor plate for the Bronco and temporarily installed it with an HDS 12 from a boat. That unit is just too big, but it was fairly stable and it can be moved to a suitable location by rotating the arms. An HDS 7 or HDS9 would be a much better option for this bracket.

The second option is using @EIGHTLUG's Archetype Racing BYOD rail and BALLS. I got a new Garmin Tread XL Baja Race unit and mounted AR BALLS on the sides, then used 2 more AR Balls on the rail attached to a 67Designs Nano arm on each side. I've been driving around with it all week and it's solid with no vibration or movement. The only downside is that it covers a significant portion of the windshield, but it's not unusable.

I'm sure there are other mounting options out there, but those were the only 2 I could find that seemed practical with the limited space the Bronco provides.

These both look to be much more solid options, Thanks!

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be interested in seeing what you come up with or any one else. Would prefer mounting my lowrance also instead of the iPad I have now.
Sponsored