LT315/70R17 ?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whatever you decide on, keep them rotated. Religiously.
I've ran the Falken and KO2 AT's as well as the M/T in both in the past on various vehicles.
Falkens performed and lasted a bit longer.
33" equivalent KO2's on my Z71 now and they are starting to sing now at about half-life because ONE TIME my rotation schedule got extended to about 7500 miles vs 5K due to life happening and it taking a "back burner" at the time.
The KO2's do seem a bit worse on wet road traction as well as slippery mud, but performed decently in snow last year.

I can't speculate on Nittos or Yokohama, as I've not run either brand yet.
37" Geolander M/T are high on my upgrade list for my Bronco, as well as the Baja Boss.
Tire noise is one of those things that I know is a trade-off for more aggressive lug patterns, and not typically a huge deal.
And tires have some a long way toward having some great features (noise reduction, longevity, asymmetrical treads) vs. older times.

But my level of "these sure are quiet" is skewed, as I have also run Boggers on a Jeep before, and Thornbirds because they looked mean (but were a drag slick once they got packed with mud) and before I knew better.
Sponsored

RaceRedOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honestly the stock goodyear territory tires are extremely quiet for what they are. I had goodyear duratrac's and KO2's on my previous vehicle and will say the territory is as quiet or quieter in my opinion...

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My opinion ... they are much noisier than I think the tread pattern calls for.
The tires slip on wet roads VERY EASILY, not even mentioning hard pack snow ... which is surprising because their reviews are so freaking high.

I had a similar issue with some Generals, after the first year it just seemed to me that the rubber got hard, lost it's grip and became noisy.
Problem is , the Toyo's felt that way after pretty quickly.
If it's not a Toyo thing, it is a "this batch of tires thing" ... either way, Toyo has not responded back to me, so the next set will be Falkens ... or any of the other well regarded brands.
That's indeed a surprise to hear, especially the wet traction bit.

Say, are your Methods 17x8.5"? I've been curious what the out-to-out size of the 35x11.5 carcass is when mounted on a 'squatch-equivalent wheel size and how it compares to the stock Goodyear Territories, which seem to be at `12-1/8" according to my highly scientific measuring device.

Ford Bronco LT315/70R17 ? Tire1

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The stock OEM, SAS, tires are IMHO quite for what they are. They are not mud tires. The MT doesn’t stand for mud tires, but multi terrain. Basically, the OEM tires are aggressive looking all terrain tires.
I wish I could say the same, but my set has grown progressively louder as I approach the 9k mile mark (following a 5k mi rotation schedule) to the point that they put the wind noise to shame above 40 mph on the grooved concrete that makes up all of the Houston area highways.

My daily driver went down when it ate its own brakes and I used the Bronco for a five-day-a-week, 70 mi round trip commute for a spell. If that continued, I seriously doubt I'd take these GYs to the end of their natural lives, it was like perpetually being stuck next to one of the endless horde of JKs driving around with worn-down mud tires that seem to plague this area.

Unfortunately I got to drive a KO2-shod Badlands a bit before I put the order in for my Wildtrak, so I know how quiet (well, relatively speaking) these vehicles can be. Mine sure isn't.
Sponsored