Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 IMG_2427.JPG

Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 IMG_2428.JPG

Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 IMG_2384.JPG

Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 IMG_2422.JPG

Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 IMG_2400.JPG

The Goal -
the Ford mud-flaps looked too big & expensive, but I wanted something behind the front tires to prevent rock-chips on the side panels. Decided would try to make small custom mud-flaps, to go along w two sets of IAG V1 EZ-Steps
When the Bronco was finally delivered I got to work

Few months ago someone posted these cheap Universal Mud-Flaps listed from Amazon. You get 4-pack at $18 but you only need two, so phone-a-friend & share then only $9 each

Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 Rock Guard Raw
Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 Rock Guard - 4-pack

Application -
Off the top I cut the mud-flaps height down to 11.75 inch, and left width as is. Also made two curved cut-outs to fit the SQ fender flares, and two holes to fit the existing plastic screw-clips in the wheel wells
- No drilling needed on Bronco
- This setup is for SQ Package, and rock-rails are needed for the IAG EZ-Steps
- The mud-flaps in position touch the rock-rail plastic end-caps. For extra reinforcement you can add couple screws thru each mud-flap into the plastic end-cap. Would suggest #10 x 1/2" sheet metal screws
- These small mud-flaps extend only 2-inches below the rock-rails - the IAG EZ-Steps catch the rest of the rocks

Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 custom 1

Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 custom 2

More Photos - Various Angles -

Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 IMG_2371.JPG

Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 IMG_2377.JPG

Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 IMG_2393.JPG

Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 IMG_2386.JPG

Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 IMG_2395.JPG

Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 IMG_2406.JPG

Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 IMG_2429.JPG

Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 IMG_2430.JPG

Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 IMG_2431.JPG

Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 IMG_2440.JPG

Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 IMG_2441.JPG

Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 IMG_2446.JPG

IMG_2384.JPG
Sponsored

Rootdog

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That looks really nice! Seems like the perfect size

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe something has changed with the IAG v2 step. But the color/accent/brand plate mounts under the step not on top.
Yeah. We mounted ours from the bottom too but I have seen multiple people put them on top so maybe it's just a preference thing. More or less color?
Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 IMG-6645_cropped

Sponsored

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 IMG-6645_cropped

The Goal -
the Ford mud-flaps looked too big & expensive, but I wanted something behind the front tires to prevent rock-chips on the side panels. Decided would try to make small custom mud-flaps, to go along w two sets of IAG V1 EZ-Steps

Few months ago someone posted these cheap Universal Mud-Flaps listed from Amazon. You get 4-pack at $18 but you only need two, so phone-a-friend & share then only $9 each

Application -
Off the top I cut the mud-flaps height down to 11.75 inch, and left width as is. Also made two curved cut-outs to fit the SQ fender flares, and two holes to fit the existing plastic screw-clips in the wheel wells
- The mud-flaps in position touch the rock-rail plastic end-caps. For extra reinforcement you can add couple screws thru each mud-flap into the plastic end-cap. Would suggest #10 x 1/2" sheet metal screws
- These small mud-flaps extend only 2-inches below the rock-rails - the IAG EZ-Steps catch the rest of the rocks

Great job on these! Very nice photos.

We also went with some cheapies and ended up using the end caps of the sliders for extra support. Originally, they were a temp solution but they've grown on me.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If your bronco does not have step bars that stick out like Lucchese’s the mud flss as is need to hang down 6-8” further down to stop rocks from chipping the doors. I found out the hard way when I got my bronco in December.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've seen a couple of posts with inexpensive mudflaps and it's great that we have more than a few choices. Depending on where we live or where we want to buy, we have choices for inexpensive mud flaps! :cool:

Your details on how to customize are great and your "T&D" (thinking and doing) will help the rest of us when we install similar flaps.

Seeing owners having so much problems with people being "attracted to the Broncos like it's a magnet" and parking close makes me really want rock sliders and side steps to protect my horse from the urban jungle; any protection when I off road will be an extra benefit. /s

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice work. I kind of did the same thing. However, I took two pieces of metal angle iron, cut and bent it welded to make sure it remains strong, drilled it, then coated it with plasti dip rubber. It bolts directly to where the crash bar with using long bolts there. Some speed nuts on the bracket and 10mm bolts to hold on the plastic generic mud flap. This set up has no screw holes into the wheel well or fender flare. Also, there is access to the fender flare levers to remove it independently whenever needed. I like the understated look of simple mud flaps, they dont really draw too much attention. I am going to order the IAG steps too (otherwise i am afraid the seat bolsters will wear out prematurely for sure).

Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 mud flap 1

Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 mud flap 2

Last edited:

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 mud flap 2

I bought the same mud flaps 🤣
The Goal -

Application -

IMG_2384.JPG

Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great. Now you need to form an llc, create a brand and website, then sell them. Maybe make them a tad longer and round the corners on mud flaps to make things more refined, then stick your logo on there. Sasquatch Flaps. :)

Mob Scene

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Maxima, HD Fxstd 2007, HD Sportster 1000XLH
Your Bronco Model
Base

The Goal -

Application -

Beautiful pics!

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Goal -

Application -

You sonnofa bitch.... I'm in!! 🤘🏻

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If your bronco does not have step bars that stick out like Lucchese’s the mud flss as is need to hang down 6-8” further down to stop rocks from chipping the doors. I found out the hard way when I got my bronco in December.
I can confirm this. I did similar (same?) flaps as @Lucchese and I still catch rocks, though it will certainly cut down on them at the high density zone at the front of the door. I'm working on slider steps with top plates to completely fix this problem.

I mounted mine using some aluminum angle brackets and some relatively expensive black powder-coated stainless screws from eBay to attach them to the fender flares. I kind of like how they look (a little rally) but they really do need to be longer if you don't have side steps.
Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 PXL_20220702_231654544

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The two IAG steps on each side look a bit odd, but I understand what you are going for. Can you fit one at each end of the step and have a fab shop weld a couple tubes across the step frames to connect them making one solid step? The IAG full length steps for the 2 door only use a single clamp on each end and a hook in the middle, I’d rather have four clamps and no rear bump out. The top could be plated however you like and then it would need to go back for powder coating. It’s probably less cost effective than just buying some Zroads steps or similar.

The flaps look short but fine, but why are you referring to this as a “hack”? You modified a truck part for your application, I’d use fabrication or customized. Semantics, but the whole “life hack” thing is way overused.
Sponsored