badlandsrgr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice work. I kind of did the same thing. However, I took two pieces of metal angle iron, cut and bent it welded to make sure it remains strong, drilled it, then coated it with plasti dip rubber. It bolts directly to where the crash bar with using long bolts there. Some speed nuts on the bracket and 10mm bolts to hold on the plastic generic mud flap. This set up has no screw holes into the wheel well or fender flare. Also, there is access to the fender flare levers to remove it independently whenever needed. I like the understated look of simple mud flaps, they dont really draw too much attention. I am going to order the IAG steps too (otherwise i am afraid the seat bolsters will wear out prematurely for sure).

mud flap 1.jpg

mud flap 2.jpg
Do you have a picture of the brackets before you added the flap?
Sponsored

sjudas

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just ordered them on Amazon. great idea.

gaspasm

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f-150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah. We mounted ours from the bottom too but I have seen multiple people put them on top so maybe it's just a preference thing. More or less color?
IMG-6645_cropped.jpg
Got the same steps. Work great. Think badge placement is just preference I preferred to leave mine off. Got a 2dr also but just got one step on each side. Honest? What is the benefit for having two.

mtheawesomeone

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah. We mounted ours from the bottom too but I have seen multiple people put them on top so maybe it's just a preference thing. More or less color?
IMG-6645_cropped.jpg
Your way is the way :) since that's what I did and put my initials in it instead....
Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 20220623_212508

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your way is the way :) since that's what I did and put my initials in it instead....
Ford Bronco Lucchese’s cheap DIY small custom-made Front Mud-Flaps HACK for $9 20220623_212508
Wow! I didn't even realize that was an option...or did you 3D print that?

Sponsored

mtheawesomeone

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow! I didn't even realize that was an option...or did you 3D print that?
We have a waterjet at my work so one of the guys scanned in the original and cut me new ones then I painted them.

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have a waterjet at my work so one of the guys scanned in the original and cut me new ones then I painted them.
Wow. Well it looks great and is a nice, subtle uniquism.

OFRNEWB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My understanding is version 1 sits level with top of rail, version 2 sits level with bottom of rail. full rail will also sit level with bottom level of rail.

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My understanding is version 1 sits level with top of rail, version 2 sits level with bottom of rail. full rail will also sit level with bottom level of rail.
You are correct on the V1 vs V2. Mine are V2's.

With regard to bottom or top, I was referring to the color plates with the IAG logo. Mounted from beneath the step surface or from above it.

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not a fan of sheet metal screws, but it does have me wondering where you screwed them in to, to secure the flaps.
Sponsored