Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.3 Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I purchased Anthem Liberty Rims for my bronco. The company i ordered from sent me lug nuts to go with them. Had tire shop install new wheels with these lugs and the damn wheel fell of about 1/2 mile from the shop. Had a different shop inspect and the lugs on all 4 tires had worked loose. I know the original shop tightened them I was watching. Do i need special lugs or am i missing something.
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I purchased Anthem Liberty Rims for my bronco. The company i ordered from sent me lug nuts to go with them. Had tire shop install new wheels with these lugs and the damn wheel fell of about 1/2 mile from the shop. Had a different shop inspect and the lugs on all 4 tires had worked loose. I know the original shop tightened them I was watching. Do i need special lugs or am i missing something.
You should contact them about this. Not normal at all.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guessing they sent you the wrong lug nuts...either wrong bevel/chamfer or possibly they bottomed out and ran out of thread before the wheel was actually tight.

OP
OP

GorillaGrapplr

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK so i have the right lug nuts but the tire shop is telling me that the studs are not long enough to safely secure the tire. Where can i get long studs and what size would i need. They say they are only getting 4 or 5 turns on them.

OP
OP

GorillaGrapplr

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok so what tire shop is telling me now it that the wheel studs are two short. Does anyone know where i can get longer studs for my badlands bronco? What size should i get they are telling me that are only getting about 5 turns of the lug nut?

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yikes...If only 4-5 turns I'm surprised they even put them on. The studs are replaceable but I doubt anyone will have a quick answer for you on a part not original to the truck...I'd be surprised if anyone even knows the length of the studs. What you need may not even exist or you may have to buy studs that are too long and cut them back.

Maybe @flip can help with an original part number as a starting point.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yikes...If only 4-5 turns I'm surprised they even put them on. The studs are replaceable but I doubt anyone will have a quick answer for you on a part not original to the truck...I'd be surprised if anyone even knows the length of the studs. What you need may not even exist or you may have to buy studs that are too long and cut them back.

Maybe @flip can help with an original part number as a starting point.
ACPZ-1107-A BOLT - WHEEL, M12 X 1.5 X 40. Not that it matters but Raptor are M14 X 60.

OP
OP

GorillaGrapplr

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any ideas where I can purchase these? Is this a Ford Parts number? @flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any ideas where I can purchase these? @flip
The stock studs? Any Ford dealer should be able to get. I haven't read the thread so what I posted is just the stock size, if you need longer I'm not sure where to point you. We show 2 in stock so these must fit other vehicles since I can't recall replacing any on a bronco yet.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems like some serious fitment issues. Has your wheel supplier confirmed that these wheels do indeed fit Broncos? As to wheel studs you will need to source something else if you need longer - all the Bronco/Ranger studs are going to be the same length.
Sponsored