Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ozarkmountainoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey all! After a few years of lurking on here I figured I'd go ahead and make an account ahead of the reveal!

I'm from SW Missouri, right in the heart of the beautiful Ozark mountains. I was lucky enough to grow up here and spend lots of time outdoors camping, kayaking and hiking. As I got older my friends and I started embarking on our own adventures here in the Ozarks and eventually beyond. In the three years since I've graduated HS I've done over 100,000 miles of traveling across the US.

My trusty steed for all those miles is slightly unconventional. I've taken my 03 Explorer places where it had no business being. Up switchback trails of the Alpine loop, stuck deep in red Arkansas mud, and through dozens of rushing creeks here in the Ozarks. In the few years that I've owned this truck we've used it for overland style travel in the Southwest, the Rockies, the Pacific Northwest, Black Hills, UP of Michigan, and just about everywhere else west of the Mississippi.

Ford Bronco Lurker from MO! IMG_9077

I say all this to try and sway any perception that some of these mid generation Explorers can't make great overland rigs or are horribly unreliable. Like any vehicle, maintenance and knowing the vehicles limits are key. I enjoy driving something unique that I thoroughly enjoy wrenching on and taking to new places.

Ford Bronco Lurker from MO! IMG_20200531_120637_563

Anyways, I've been waiting and following every rumor for the upcoming Bronco since I was a junior in high school at this point. I can remember sitting in advisory and first reading rumors stemming from the UAW contract. I've always been a total FoMoCo fanboy and I'm fortunate to be in a position where next spring, aside from any insane markups, I'll be able to purchase one after dreaming about it for all these years.

Planning on picking up a two door in whatever the most base config with the 2.7 is. Grabber Blue or Race Red, then mounting some 35s on Raptor takeoffs. Have kind realized over the years that a more modest and flexible build is better than some hardcore overland build.

But in the meantime, here's some more of my Ex! Cheers!

03 Explorer Eddie Bauer
-4.0 V6 (204k)
-2"Front/1.5"Rear leveling kit
-235/80R17 Treadwright Wardens on stock wheels finished in gunmetal grey.
-RIGd Ultraswing Multifit tire carrier
-66" Yakima Round Bars, Kuat Mini Skinny roof basket w/ extension to haul my Gazelle hub tent.
-Custom rear drawer system
-Plethora of RAM mounts

Ford Bronco Lurker from MO! IMG_9086-2

Ford Bronco Lurker from MO! IMG_9148

Ford Bronco Lurker from MO! IMG_9146

Ford Bronco Lurker from MO! IMG_9155

Ford Bronco Lurker from MO! IMG_9195

Ford Bronco Lurker from MO! IMG_9172

(P.S. if you're a fellow Explorer enthusiast join our group on Facebook, Overlandish Explorers)
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thats about the nicest explore of that era ive ever seen. Glad your having fun with it. About 15 years ago I lived at a campground on Lake Ozark in a 78 Econoline Stayed for about 6 months, and spent alot of time cruising the area. Whole lot of interesting parts to "explore" around there.

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's a beautiful area, we live on the NW Arkansas side of the Ozarks. Great place to be, mountains, Beaver lake, a vast amount of parks to explore, etc. Good to see another local on here.

OP
OP
ozkmtnoverlander

ozkmtnoverlander

Base
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ozarkmountainoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's a beautiful area, we live on the NW Arkansas side of the Ozarks. Great place to be, mountains, Beaver lake, a vast amount of parks to explore, etc. Good to see another local on here.
Truly is one of the better places to live I think! Are you familiar with the Rendezvous in the Ozarks event in October?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is a sweet Explorer! I had an 05, it was actually a decent truck. The gas mileage was absolutely abysmal though LOL!

Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I lived in Eagle Rock for a while, right by Table Rock Lake. It's a beautiful area! There is a trout hatchery near there that you'll see hundreds of Bald Eagles around in the winter time.
Sponsored