lux package and high end accident avoidance/bumper swapping

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw a thread earlier that the "low end" base ford accident avoidance is garbage and really wont help you.

However the "premium" types that ford offers are good? (true/not true?)

If this is the case my build will be a badlands however im waiting for warn to make a new bumper/winch combo that does not obstruct the camera for the bronco. they have quite a few winch models for other vehicles that have the winch built inside the bumper and i want that.

However to my knowledge the accident avoidance runs off radar sensors in the bumper?

how easy are these to move? is their placement critical?
Sponsored

Milamdj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw a thread earlier that the "low end" base ford accident avoidance is garbage and really wont help you.

If this is the case my build will be a badlands however im waiting for warn to make a new bumper/winch combo that does not obstruct the camera for the bronco. they have quite a few winch models for other vehicles that have the winch built inside the bumper and i want that.

However to my knowledge the accident avoidance runs off radar sensors in the bumper?

That was a question I had too. If we order a Bronco that comes with the reverse and forward sensing, what happens if we want to swap the bumpers? Do we lose that function? Do we have to have holes drilled in the new bumped to push the sensors back into the bumper?

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I’m not super savvy on Ford stuff, but generally the sensor placement is fairly critical. This is my biggest concern with Bronco. That front radar is right where a winch needs to live. I think our only option besides Ford’s half solution, is something tucked up between the frame rails behind and under that sensor, which is where the inter cooler also lives. It’s going to be a packaging nightmare, but I’m sure somebody will come up with a good solution eventually.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you look at modern vehicles, there are sensors all over, not just the center of the bumper.

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last edited: