Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I look at it this way. When I'm in that deep it only cost a little more to go first class. My OBX build will already be at approx. 46K. What's another 3,600 bucks in the big scheme of things? Plus, I do like the ACC in my wife's car, and my Sahara. I miss the difference when driving my truck without the ACC. And I get the B&O along with Navigation. So, in for a penny, in for a pound. Good luck on your decision Ken.

And as far as constraints go I'm already in for at least a 1 1/2 year wait. What's another 3-4+ months?
Sponsored

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It does still break and accelerate but disengages when you press the clutch. So if when slowing down you need to downshift to speed up again, ACC will shut off.
So it "breaks" like other Fords I've owned in the past, even though those other Fords didn't even have the ACC feature? ;)

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have ACC and hate it with a passion, it’s smooth enough that I look down and I’m doing 5 under the limit behind another vehicle and didn’t realize it. The lane control is okay, but can be annoying at time. I do like the collision avoidance but I have had it trip oddly 2x on me in a year with nobody in sight.

OP
OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I look at it this way. When I'm in that deep it only cost a little more to go first class. My OBX build will already be at approx. 46K. What's another 3,600 bucks in the big scheme of things? Plus, I do like the ACC in my wife's car, and my Sahara. I miss the difference when driving my truck without the ACC. And I get the B&O along with Navigation. So, in for a penny, in for a pound. Good luck on your decision Ken.

And as far as constraints go I'm already in for at least a 1 1/2 year wait. What's another 3-4+ months?
It didn't take much convincing on my part. I just wasn't sure what the features were and if they were worth it. Like I said, I'm already at High. It is only a small bump to Lux. Like you, I have a long wait as I purposely delayed my reservation even though I had decided that I was getting a Bronco. I purposely chose the last week of October with Granger to target the MY22. The extra time just gives me more time to save. I'll add a few more treasure coins to my consignment with Sedwick in May that will offset the increased cost.

AmericanFreedom

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It does still break and accelerate but disengages when you press the clutch. So if when slowing down you need to downshift to speed up again, ACC will shut off.
figured as much ... imo makes ACC less valuable for manuals

Sponsored

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The idea that B&O is betta in a Bentley is about money. It costs more in a Bentley, but the B&O brand gets more exposure and sells more $ in a Ford. The reputation of B&O rides in the Bronco. Not as excellent as in a Bentley, but it's nice. Get some.
I wonder how many buyers won't even know what B&O stands for, and won't bother to learn.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Insurance told me they don’t offer any discounts for any of it.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lux was always a must for me. Stereo, heated seats/wheel and 12". I don't need them but want them. The rest of the shit is just icing.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
figured as much ... imo makes ACC less valuable for manuals
True. I’ll use it while in 6th gear on the highway, if the traffic is enough where I have to shift down to 5th gear I typically don’t use cruse anyways

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You never realize how great ACC is until you get it. I use it every time I get on the freeway which is to say every time I drive. It's a wonderful invention. And it saves gas.
I'm on board... but since it is probably half the cost driver for lux package.. and my manual transmission gets MAYBE half the benefit... can I be charged 3/4 the price of the Lux upgrade?

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not familiar with the technologies as I still ride a dinosaur as it pertains to a vehicle.
I'm gonna say that your going to be blown away by the High package, compared to what you currently have.

BB8fWcI.jpg

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have Progressive and they only seem to care about brake assist which I believe the High Package comes with.

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Automatic braking comes in extremely handy if you're teaching someone to drive. Saved me from a sure crash a couple of years ago when teaching one of our foster daughters to drive. I wish we had it when I was teaching our two oldest kids to drive, but at least I have it for the youngest.

And on family trips, automatic cruise control is a godsend.

Take those things and add a better audio system and a few other little perks (like USB ports and integrated garage door opener), and I have been sold on Lux since day one.