Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 16 Mustang, 56 F100, 19 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You'll hear a lot of people complain about 'nanny systems letting people doze off when they should be driving' but I love driver assist systems.

When you're stuck behind a semi on a hilly road, passing isn't possible, adaptive cruise control is insanely convenient. Same with driving in Minnesota where people refuse to maintain their speed on a clear road.

Collision warning... I remember one day where the light turned green and I started accelerating. Car ahead of me slowed down. I was staring right at them but it somehow didn't register until the collision warning came up. Also nice for the rare occasion you're behind some jerkass with nightshaded taillights or a Silverado with crappy aftermarket LED taillights and obscured third brake light -- both instances where their brake lights are hard to notice.

Lane-keeping isn't a full 'car drives itself everywhere', it just nudges the steering if you get too close to the lines. I added it to my car for the minor convenience it brings (plus automatic highbeams).

Your insurance likely won't care tbh.
Insurance is cheaper with the additional safety items.
Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn Damn Damn, wouldn't surprise me ?

Bronco_Buckeroo

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

ACC is great! I like CC for the highway, but constantly dis/re-engaging and adjusting it for the less lead-footed can be annoying when traffic gets a little thicker.

For me, ACC eliminates that annoyance AND comes with the added benefits of improving my gas mileage and keeping me off my fellow driversā€™ tailgates.

Mind you, it can be a bit... hair raising, when youā€™ve been doing 25 in traffic for a while, then traffic suddenly opens up and youā€™ve forgotten that your ACC was set to 75!

Edit: Also, in my ā€˜19 Ranger, I really enjoyed my B&O sound and the garage door opener as well.

Now, are these features worth another $2k+ over High? I know from experience that Iā€™ll used them all the time, so they are - to me.

Last edited:

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Source of the rumor?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ACC is great! I like CC for the highway, but constantly dis/re-engaging and adjusting it for the less lead-footed can be annoying when traffic gets a little thicker.

For me, ACC eliminates that annoyance AND comes with the added benefits of improving my gas mileage and keeping me off my fellow driversā€™ tailgates.

Mind you, it can be a bit... hair raising, when youā€™ve been doing 25 in traffic for a while, then traffic suddenly opens up and youā€™ve forgotten that your ACC was set to 75!

Edit: Also, in my ā€˜19 Ranger, I really enjoyed my B&O sound and the garage door opener as well.

Now, are these features worth another $2k+ over High? I know from experience that Iā€™ll used them all the time, so they are - to me.
Thanks for the reply. I bet forgetting about the ACC setting after sitting in traffic would cause a moment of pucker. I'm a proud slow-poke. I have that extra GOAT mode - Grandpa mode (even though I'm not a grandpa). I always have. My mother used to make fun of me when I was younger and learning to drive.

Your last proposition as to whether they are worth the cost - I think anyone when looking at separate features might conclude that the individual features aren't worth the cost. But as a package, the sum of all of the features is worth the step up from High.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Source of the rumor?
Source is the Bronco Nation Q/A video released recently. Sorry I don't have the exact time stamp but it's in there. I think too many people are getting hung up on "late availability". If you have an early reservation with lux you might not be the first to get your Bronco but you should still get a 2021.

Source:
Ford Bronco Lux Package Buyers - Cost/Benefit 1609766992877

Last edited:

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Source is the Bronco Nation Q/A video released recently. Sorry I don't have the exact time stamp but it's in there. I think too many people are getting hung up on "late availability". If you have an early reservation with lux you might not be the first to get your Bronco but you should still get a 2021.

Source:
Ford Bronco Lux Package Buyers - Cost/Benefit 1609766992877
In my opinion that line is just indicating the most popular items based on early surveys.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In my opinion that line is just indicating the most popular items based on early surveys.
Agreed. This comment really took off as things that will delay delivery but it really only states what Ford has found to be "high demand."

Whether or not they can meet that demand is another thing. We don't know.

Sponsored

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. This comment really took off as things that will delay delivery but it really only states what Ford has found to be "high demand."

Whether or not they can meet that demand is another thing. We don't know.
Yeah. The only thing that could be super special where they underestimated is Sasquatch.

Otherwise: the 2.7L is also on the F-150 so they probably won't be constrained on getting those if they need more. And Lux is a combination of many independent features that also appear on many other Fords (ACC, heated wheel, garage door opener).

The Sync 4 system will be on every Bronco the only difference is what software is installed. If there was an issue with Nav on Lux it would be software related and not a production part issue.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah. The only thing that could be super special where they underestimated is Sasquatch.

Otherwise: the 2.7L is also on the F-150 so they probably won't be constrained on getting those if they need more. And Lux is a combination of many independent features that also appear on many other Fords (ACC, heated wheel, garage door opener).

The Sync 4 system will be on every Bronco the only difference is what software is installed. If there was an issue with Nav on Lux it would be software related and not a production part issue.
The whole supply chain is being hit by COVID related shortages, so the constraints can go way beyond just Sasquatch. I had seen someone on here a month or so ago post that there was a shortage of a component for adaptive cruise across Ford right now, so that's why I assumed Lux was to be delayed. Since I am ordering Sas/2.7 anyway, I may add Lux now and then take it out if it causes a specific delay beyond what the Sas/2.7 combo does to begin with anyway.

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The whole supply chain is being hit by COVID related shortages, so the constraints can go way beyond just Sasquatch. I had seen someone on here a month or so ago post that there was a shortage of a component for adaptive cruise across Ford right now, so that's why I assumed Lux was to be delayed. Since I am ordering Sas/2.7 anyway, I may add Lux now and then take it out if it causes a specific delay beyond what the Sas/2.7 combo does to begin with anyway.
This is another misconception I've seen (not talking about you specifically but you mentioned it).

Supply constraints are not the same thing as late availability.

During production any random part might be low and there isn't a good way to predict what that will be. You'd drive yourself mad thinking "ACC shortage in January so I won't order it" but then when your car is scheduled in September there are plenty of ACCs but a shortage of brake pads or something else.

But if you ordered something with that it's not like your Bronco gets delayed from 21 to 22. Its probably just another week or two behind. And it doesn't mean everyone who ordered a Sasquatch will be delayed. For example: there is a shortage of PS5s right now but millions of people were still able to buy them.

Realtor

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know a few people who are crazy obsessive audiophiles. As I understand it good sound comes down to, largely, 2 things.

1. The audio components themselves.

B&O makes some fantastic stuff! But they also now make some stuff that the B&O of old would not let out into the world. They put their name on laptop speakers now....

Comes down a lot to how much ford is budgeting for them I think. B&O has stuff at a buch of different price points. They make car systems for aston, bentley, lambo, Audi and ford.

So while the bentley and the Ford have a system from the same company I bet there's isn't a single similarity besides the name on the grille.

2. The space the sound is heard in

The room, or vehicle, matters almost as much as the components. Speaker placement, the surfaces involved in the space, what else is in the room is all crucial. A vehicle with a removable top, even with it closed isn't exactly the best listening experience. And I don't think it'll have any speakers in the doors either. It'll sound different with the soft vs MIC vs MOD too.

I have no real knowledge in this next part but I bet a difference between some of a b&o systems in their other partners vs a Ford is how involved they are in the process. I bet bentley turns the whole car over to b&o to tune every aspect of a system per vehicle for the best possible sound. Again, I'm mostly speaking out of my ass here but I bet the components for a Ford are just going to be a supplier relationship rather than something entirely custom.

So, accepting the space for the bronco is probably going to be a pretty lousy sound stage and it likely won't be specifically tuned to it so I'm not expecting a fantastic experience.

but

1. I'm sure it'll be better than stock.

2. Hopefully ford doesn't cheap out too much and b&o is giving them some decent stuff, hopefully sharing more similarities to an Audi system vs an HP laptop and that it can get loud without a ton of loss in fidelity!

I'm guessing aftermarket will be better choice for sound, focal for sure but maybe even some mid priced alpine gear would be an upgrade but I'm probably going with lux because messing with modern day car systems that are so integrated isn't something I want to mess with
Order the B&O. It sounds great. I have it and neVAr turn it on, because the GT350 sounds so good. Unless I'm parked and the engine is off.

The idea that B&O is betta in a Bentley is about money. It costs more in a Bentley, but the B&O brand gets more exposure and sells more $ in a Ford. The reputation of B&O rides in the Bronco. Not as excellent as in a Bentley, but it's nice. Get some.
Sponsored