Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a $600 windshield warranty that replaces up to 5 windshields in 5 years when I bought my Jaguar. I wonder if Ford offers something similar. It’s more than paid for itself.
Sponsored

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is there lane keeping assist in the High package? I had it in my mind you only got that at the Lux level…
Lane keep assist is part of co-pilot 360 which comes with the Mid package, you are probably thinking of evasive steering assist that comes on the Lux package.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No new news here. I just replaced my windshield today in my Badlands with High package, Co-Pilot 360 and lane keeping assist. It was $1,300. Required static and dynamic calibration of the sensors. Took 4 hours start to finish. I dropped my Comprehensive deductible to $250 to make the hit less painful on the next go around.
Yup that’s what I’m doing before I get my bronco

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I just found out if I have to replace my Windshield, the current cost is about $1000+

I have the lane keeping / Co-Pilot 360 (Bronco steers back to middle of lane)...this also requires recalibration with new replacement.

So you may immediately want to get your window cracks repaired as soon as they happen to avoid this type of cost.

if someone already posted this..apologies..I couldn’t find it.

5ADFE4EF-432A-4342-9800-3E1852D78B8B.jpeg
That stinks. Some of these features will hurt paying to repair down the road. Hopefully you can just use regular glass and disable the feature, without failing some local test. I read some new equipment might soon be required, to check for drunk driving. Man when all this stuff eventually has issues, could be a mess and expensive.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No new news here. I just replaced my windshield today in my Badlands with High package, Co-Pilot 360 and lane keeping assist. It was $1,300. Required static and dynamic calibration of the sensors. Took 4 hours start to finish. I dropped my Comprehensive deductible to $250 to make the hit less painful on the next go around.
Thanks for bursting my bubble, I was hoping this was only a Lux expense. I don't even want lane keeping, I wonder if it can be disabled in Forscan to skip the new cameras and calibration.

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lane keep assist is part of co-pilot 360 which comes with the Mid package, you are probably thinking of evasive steering assist that comes on the Lux package.
I thought they were one and the same. Thanks for the clarification.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you turn it off?

<edit> can if be set to off as the default?

Thanks
I don' have it enabled. You need to push the button to turn it on. It will require both hands on the wheel and I don't keep both on the wheel. Not bad driving, just bad habits from manuals.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Along the same lines, recently had some tires and alignment done on one of my cars. The tire guy mentioned similar things.

When it come times to pay for an alignment, it gets more expensive because they have to recalibrate all that stuff as well to pair up with the new alignment.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Along the same lines, recently had some tires and alignment done on one of my cars. The tire guy mentioned similar things.

When it come times to pay for an alignment, it gets more expensive because they have to recalibrate all that stuff as well to pair up with the new alignment.
Which is why I didn’t want the lane departure warning in the first place. I wanted the other goodies that came with the high package so it is what it is. Expensive windshields to be sure.

Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Camera Alignment

Camera alignment is required for the lane keeping alert and lane keeping aid to function correctly. The procedure is initiated using the diagnostic scan tool and requires about 10 minutes of driving above 64 km/h (40 mph) on a flat, straight road with highly visible lane markings to complete.

NOTE: Avoid lane crossing, excessive steering angle changes or sudden change in vehicle speed during the camera alignment process.

NOTE: The alignment completion is indicated on the diagnostic scan tool. If the alignment is unsuccessful, check the IPMA for proper installation.

NOTE: The FRONT CAMERA MALFUNCTION - SERVICE REQUIRED message in the IPC disappears when the system is aligned.

The IPMA camera alignment procedure should be performed when any of the following occur:

• Windshield replacement
  • Change in tire size
  • Suspension repair or alignment
  • Front air bag deployment
All good replacement windshields come with a bracket and alignment pins,and you reuse the camera module.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is exactly the kind of stuff that makes me want to keep my JKUR forever. It has some electronics but nothing like this stuff. The mfg's know what they are doing making it so complicated to do anything on it. So you go to 37's and now you got to get everything re calibrated. I see perfectly good vehicles being totaled in the future just due to the cost of the electronics repair. Some states have safety inspections so then it gets checked. I know how to drive so just leave me alone.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Camera Alignment

Camera alignment is required for the lane keeping alert and lane keeping aid to function correctly. The procedure is initiated using the diagnostic scan tool and requires about 10 minutes of driving above 64 km/h (40 mph) on a flat, straight road with highly visible lane markings to complete.

NOTE: Avoid lane crossing, excessive steering angle changes or sudden change in vehicle speed during the camera alignment process.

NOTE: The alignment completion is indicated on the diagnostic scan tool. If the alignment is unsuccessful, check the IPMA for proper installation.

NOTE: The FRONT CAMERA MALFUNCTION - SERVICE REQUIRED message in the IPC disappears when the system is aligned.

The IPMA camera alignment procedure should be performed when any of the following occur:

• Windshield replacement
  • Change in tire size
  • Suspension repair or alignment
  • Front air bag deployment
All good replacement windshields come with a bracket and alignment pins,and you reuse the camera module.
Am I understanding this correctly, so just for a simple tire alignment you have to recalibrate the cameras?

and it takes 10 min of driving on a well marked flat road above 40 mph? What if there is no such road by the dealership? Yikes.

I love tech but I’ll likely keep this feature off lol

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does no one have glass coverage? 🤔 I've never had a vehicle without it no matter the cost to replace a windshield. My glass coverage covers all windows at zero out of pocket cost to me and I get the glass and installer of my choice.
Sponsored