jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like Ford recently refined their Bronco Sport B&P. They now have ACC as a standalone...err. CoPilot safety pack...for $795. They didnt have this before. Also, the B&O is not $1,595 by itself - it is now showing $1,595 pack inclusive of moonroof, wireless charging etc. Moonroof probably costs at least half of the $1,595. Offered on OBX and Badlands....looks like Bronco Bronco has combined the two as a lux pack (minus the sunroof) for a slight savings at $2,300 total.

So best case scenario, Bronco Bronco mid to higher trims have a $500-$800 standalone for B&O, and $795 CoPilot 360 with ACC. Which will save you $400-$700 over the lux package....and if they dont, I'm still game for getting the lux at $2,300. It's not that overpriced.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Heated steering wheel would be great, but I'm thinking I can buy a new heated wheel from the dealership and hack the BCM.
And it's a pretty good bet the wiring harness will already be set up for the heated steering wheel.

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm on the fence with the lux package. I despise ACC, so they can leave that out, but I want the B&O and am interested in the wireless charger since Sync 4 has wireless carplay.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm on the fence with the lux package. I despise ACC, so they can leave that out, but I want the B&O and am interested in the wireless charger since Sync 4 has wireless carplay.
Wireless Carplay/Android Auto, if. IF, you pay for the NAV subscription... at least that is what I read. Otherwise, you will need to plug a phone in to have Carplay/AA work.

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wireless Carplay/Android Auto, if. IF, you pay for the NAV subscription... at least that is what I read. Otherwise, you will need to plug a phone in to have Carplay/AA work.
That's news to me, so wireless Carplay will only work if I pay for Nav? That seems odd, I just figured it was a part of Sync 4 like I have read. I'm not paying for Nav when my phone does it free..

Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's news to me, so wireless Carplay will only work if I pay for Nav? That seems odd, I just figured it was a part of Sync 4 like I have read. I'm not paying for Nav when my phone does it free..
I could be wrong, and I thought the same thing about the subscription...
I know they haven't released details on subscription, and how everything works, but I read that a while back...not sure where.

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could be wrong, and I thought the same thing about the subscription...
I know they haven't released details on subscription, and how everything works, but I read that a while back...not sure where.
Well, hope that is another thing they clear up before we have to order, because there is zero point to a wireless charger without wireless Carplay for me.

OP
OP

Gordon Freeman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rail cart
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You forgot the line item for the $billions Ford invested to bring the Bronco to matket.

Did you have any idea the $millions it cost to develope those software-activated features?

Do you really think selling car chargers for $10 each will repay that investment and return a profit?
None of Lux features were R&D for Bronco (besides may be sound field). All others were invented way before 2021 and others are well known. What millions are you talking about specifically?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn’t realize the wheel was heated on only the lux package, that’s ridiculous. I’m fairly certain it would take nothing more than a wheel, every car will be wired the same and it will be in the fuse box already. Only issue is you have to be able to activate it and i’m sure that’s through the infotainment system. There will be an aftermarket tuner for these items guaranteed, just like the Challengers have Tazer that unlocks items that the car didn’t have when it shipped.

Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Too complicated for the line workers. Porsche is the only manufacturer that consistently has a la carte options.
True but business is business, keep the clients happy
That would make the Bronco less profitable. It increases build complexity and reduces average transaction price. They will package pretty much everything that they can. That includes both trim level and additional equipment packages.
yes I was just saying I wish they would, but I also understand packaging method and why it's easier for build and resale purposes

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, hope that is another thing they clear up before we have to order, because there is zero point to a wireless charger without wireless Carplay for me.
I think the issue with Wireless Carplay is that it isn't supported by Apple yet. There are third parties who make dongles that trick the system into thinking the phone is wired, but Wireless Carplay won't be a thing until it's supported by Apple. I doubt that will happen for the 2021 Bronco.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So for 2300$ from High to Lux they offer us:
1) "2 additional front row smart-charging USB ports" - 10$ car charger on Amazon
2) "Wireless charging pad" - wireless car charger - 35$ on Amazon
3) "Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System" - built-in in Android Auto/Apple Carplay - free
4) Heated steering wheel - OK (how often is it used?)
5) "Evasive Steering Assist" - you need to start maneuvering by yourself, why not finish by yourself? but OK.
6) "B&O Sound System with 10 speakers including a subwoofer" - OK
7) "Adaptive Cruise Control" - this is the only feature I really need.
8) "Universal garage door opener" - OK, but device which can open any garage door costs 150$

Then, funny fact - necessary hardware for "Adaptive Cruise Control" and "Evasive Steering Assist" is already included in lower trims! (radar + camera). This is only software-activated feature.
I really hope "Adaptive Cruise Control" will be available ala carte.

So for 2300$ we have in reality:
Subwoofer, heated wheel, 200$ accessories from Amazon and few software-activated features. Really??

What's your thoughts?
Its your first time shopping for a new vehicle in a while huh.....

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

None of Lux features were R&D for Bronco (besides may be sound field). All others were invented way before 2021 and others are well known. What millions are you talking about specifically?
You are 100% correct, however, every software feature, ACC and Nav in this case, requires some amount of software integration into the system. There are hardware communication calls, such as speed sensors and Nav subscriptions. Few pieces of software are standalone in the overall integration of the sub-systems. You have Systems Engineers, Software Engineers, Test Engineers, all doing their piece to present the look and feel of a seamless, integrated system.
Sponsored