Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you'll be surprised
If my bronco turns out to be great for road trips then I haven't put big enough tires on it :p

I have other cars for road trips personally. And while yall make great points about packages, to me, audio upgrade is a pretty easy one to keep stand alone. B&O was a $5k standalone option on my 2013 M5 and it was amazing imho. But different car and different market, and I'd love to see it come in under a grand as an a la carte for Bronco. 800 or so feels about right??

Will reiterate what others have said, but at least in my Jeep, the difference in sound between my full aftermarket system with the top on and the top off is night and day. Goes from "excellent" to "at least I can understand what song is playing."
Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Most manufacturers have a cold weather package of some kind. As I said this is just a money grab to get people to bump a trim level and add Lux.
I’m wondering if they will have a cold weather package in Canada seeing as a lot of manufacturers have it here. Heated steering wheel is amazing in the winter. I’d use it every day

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

ACC and garage door openers are a miss, and I too hope ACC is a standalone.

I figure wireless charging is a part - the wiring harness connection is probably in there - so I'll order the part and install it. The same with the extra USBs if I even need them.

On my JK, I replaced the one ACC switched (vs the always on one) of two lighter receptacles with this: https://www.bluesea.com/products/1045/12_24V_Dual_USB_4.8A_Chargers_-_Socket_Mount

As for the B&O - not sure - really thinking aftermarket amp and high end marine speakers depending on what fits.

O'Carroll

Black Diamond
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camry SE
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m contemplating the Lux package for the heated steering wheel and the universal garage door opener alone. I love those two features.

I must be doing something wrong with Adaptive Cruise Control, because I have it now and I HATE it. I set the cruise at 55 (yeah right) and as I approach another slower car....the ACC kicks in and I slow down. That’s not what I want! I want to go around that other car. So I either have to change lanes a mile sooner than normal so the ACC doesn’t kick down my speed, or I have to click off the ACC just to accelerate around the other car and then click the ACC back on. What’s the point of that? Am I doing It wrong? Or do I just drive like an ass?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Gordon Freeman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rail cart
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you for the news about standalone ACC offering in Bronco Sport. That gives me the hope. If that would be the case for Big Bronco, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing on the B&O sound system...are the speakers in the doors? I think it will be a waste for me if that’s the case, as the doors will be off most of the time when I will Drive it the most.

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the issue with Wireless Carplay is that it isn't supported by Apple yet. There are third parties who make dongles that trick the system into thinking the phone is wired, but Wireless Carplay won't be a thing until it's supported by Apple. I doubt that will happen for the 2021 Bronco.
Wireless carplay is totally supported by Apple. It is directly on their website in the set up carplay section. You have to hold down the voice command button and you're good to go. It depends on if the automaker offers it.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ACC and garage door openers are a miss, and I too hope ACC is a standalone.

I figure wireless charging is a part - the wiring harness connection is probably in there - so I'll order the part and install it. The same with the extra USBs if I even need them.

On my JK, I replaced the one ACC switched (vs the always on one) of two lighter receptacles with this: https://www.bluesea.com/products/1045/12_24V_Dual_USB_4.8A_Chargers_-_Socket_Mount

As for the B&O - not sure - really thinking aftermarket amp and high end marine speakers depending on what fits.
I keep forgetting about the 2 USBs on the dash that come with LUX...I am sure that is something that can be added in later pretty easy, same with the wireless charger, which I would only need if I can connect my phone wireless for Android Auto.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heated steering wheels are nice, the one in my Ram 1500 gets so warm it is amazing, much more of a benefit to me than heated seats.

Not sure how much I'd pay for it a la carte but its a nice package component

Especially if you have the roof off in the winter ;)

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m contemplating the Lux package for the heated steering wheel and the universal garage door opener alone. I love those two features.

I must be doing something wrong with Adaptive Cruise Control, because I have it now and I HATE it. I set the cruise at 55 (yeah right) and as I approach another slower car....the ACC kicks in and I slow down. That’s not what I want! I want to go around that other car. So I either have to change lines a mile sooner than normal so the ACC doesn’t kick down my speed, or I have to click off the ACC just to accelerate around the other car and then click the ACC back on. What’s the point of that? Am I doing It wrong? Or do I just drive like an ass?
I agree, my wife's explorer has it, and I often find myself driving slower behind a vehicle because I didn't even notice the ACC gradually slow me down...but as soon as I change lanes, it kicks the speed back up when passing. Don't have to turn it off and back on again.
I have and can live without this option.

Sponsored
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
WildTrak with the Lux Package for me. The only option missing are cool seats which I understand aren’t available from Ford on the Bronco.

Something to ponder for those on the fence...will the safety features available with the Lux Package pay for itself due to a decrease in insurance costs in the long run?

Last edited:

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford has made it such a pain in the ass to modify the sound system that I'd want that upgrade, but I wouldn't be willing to pay for all the other crap. Typical ford. The crap stereo on my base 2015 Mustang GT was a big part of why I sold it. Jeep seems to have gone the same direction on the wrangler. On my 2015 the alpine speaker upgrade was an ala carte option. So was the rubicon package. Not anymore.

OP
OP

Gordon Freeman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rail cart
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I must be doing something wrong with Adaptive Cruise Control, because I have it now and I HATE it. I set the cruise at 55 (yeah right) and as I approach another slower car....the ACC kicks in and I slow down. That’s not what I want! I want to go around that other car. So I either have to change lines a mile sooner than normal so the ACC doesn’t kick down my speed, or I have to click off the ACC just to accelerate around the other car and then click the ACC back on. What’s the point of that? Am I doing It wrong? Or do I just drive like an ass?
I need ACC for following car ahead. I live in area with bad traffic and Bronco will be my DD. So ACC is lifesaver in dense and intermittent speed traffic. For long range travels I'm OK sometimes to go around slower cars, not a big deal.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think all these manufacturers are in bed with each other. If Ford wanted to rid themselves of Jeep, they would make attractive packages that seriously undercut the competition. Force people to pay more for the Jeep. If you brought in a nicely dressed Badlands at 35-40K instead of 55K+, it would be goodnight sweet prince for Fiat. Then they would have some serious production problems meeting the demand. The prices being what they are, a Badlands is more than an F-150 Raptor. A few more thou and I'm getting a Shelby. It's absurd.

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am right there with you. It requires MORE attention from me to use ACC. Especially on the highway, because if I am not constantly monitoring it, it will follow a car 3x further back that I would (even the closest setting) without telling me I am going 52 instead of 60 for the last 3 miles....
Sponsored