Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't your dealer just order a heated steering wheel and install it for you? What could it cost $250-350 tops?
I would not be in such anguish if I thought dealers would be adding it for cheap.
Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The heated steering wheel is the best first world problem solved ever, gloves are not better! 😂
Can you wear your heated steering wheel after you exit the vehicle into the cold? Might look a little suspect.

JGuske23

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you wear your heated steering wheel after you exit the vehicle into the cold? Might look a little suspect.
Have you had a heated steering wheel? My current vehicle is the first time I've ever had one and I'd take it over heated seats any day of the week. The car doesn't even need to be warm inside to feel comfortable if the wheel is heated.

I had a hand injury in college that really messed my circulation and nerves up in my dominant hand, if it's winter or I'm drinking something really cold I definitely struggle getting my digits moving. I even use the heated wheel in the summer sometimes just to loosen things up.

Of course I wish all these packages were available to any build but that's not how car purchasing works, and everyone saying these are things found in lower packages on expensive cars elseware are forgetting this isn't a $50k luxury vehicle, it's a purpose built off-road monster that you can doll up to get your luxuries.

It's a great luxury item that I'll gladly pay a premium for to continue to experience. I understand my hand issue isn't the norm, but I'd buy it even without said issue after owning one currently.

AZbronco1

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve taken a couple of trips to NY the last month and I have to admit, the heated seats and steering wheel warmers in the rental cars were very nice, in fact, I’d put them into the category “must have” if I lived where it was cold. Since my home is Arizona, neither is a required feature. As to to radio/sound system- if you go out in nature so you can play music- you don’t get it. Give me silence.

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm going Base 2.7L Sasquatch hardtop. Only option - Aux switches.

I could not care less about option packages. When I drive, I drive. I don't need to watch a big screen. I don't need leather. My build has all the capabilities at a much reduced price. I could afford an optioned to the Max high trim, but I really don't want it. Heated steering wheel, Ha!

I'll pay more for a Bronco once the Warthog comes out. I will get it as stripped down as possible.
weren't you all about the FE months ago or am I confused?

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
weren't you all about the FE months ago or am I confused?
Sorry, but you are confused. :) Never had any interest in a FE. I did want a Badlands w/33s for a long time, but realized the price included a bunch of stuff I don't care about.

Bring on the Warthog! More powerful engine, linger travel beefier suspension, bigger brakes. Now that's stuff I can sink my teeth into!

Phil_Is_My_Middle_Name

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20MY F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it will depend on how much fuckery Ford does with the standard setup. If it’s easy to pull a clean signal, the I’ll be fine without the wiring and housings. If it’s all the same and I have to treat the signal regardless, then B&O has some value. Some. Maybe that JBL Stadium monster is the answer. Or set your bronco up like a wakeboard tower
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CraigB

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s the only [COMMODITY CONSTRAINED] item on my build. I’m essentially paying $2300 for a heated steering wheel. I’m asking my high end audio guy if there’s benefit (or cost) to the B&O system since I plan to upgrade it. Need to do some soul searching and see if I can’t get my smooth brain back down to High Package. That’s it. That’s the entire post.
I’m right there with you!

Phil_Is_My_Middle_Name

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20MY F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen the first video. It's what I'm expecting. What I don't know is if the standard system will not have the A-to-B connection that will require a NavTV. I'd like to forego that cost if I can.
Yea it appears they improved the B&Os for the 21+ models but I am right there with you and wonder if it is truly worth it? I owned the previous Ford Deluxe Audio system by THX and that system was amazing in the Lincoln. Not familiar with the B&O stuff.

Sponsored

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The heated steering wheel was something on my want list also, finally I decided that for the money I would just use my remote start and start my vehicle early...

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And throw in a little extra for all the time you spent hunting this stuff down. : )

P. S. I know stereo shops are always happy to see customers walk in with their own equipment they bought somewhere else. ; )
Do we now assign a dollar value to time we spend researching product purchases on the Internet (like, say, a new Bronco)?

Yes, shops love to receive payment from you to install components you bought elsewhere. Just find the right shop.

I'll be happy to post my own audio upgrade experience after I get my new Bronco. I'll probably do some of the easier installation work myself (speaker swaps) because I enjoy it, and I like to do things for myself rather than pay someone else when I am capable of doing so. I assume there will be a bit of a wait for some aftermarket options to show up.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The initial driver for my getting Lux was the built-in garage door opener (in a topless vehicle). Wireless charging pad and upgraded audio were a plus. Couldn't care less about the heated steering wheel.

If I had any doubts, the details about the built-in nav erased them. I know many are just going to use their phone for nav anyway, but I prefer to use my phone as a backup (assuming the on-board nav is decent). Since the connected nav essentially doesn't work without a subscription I'm glad I'm going with Lux.

Plus there's the thought that once I break $50k on a new vehicle I may as well drop a few extra thousand for all the extra tech I can get. (I'm one of those that hates looking over and seeing an empty space where a feature was meant to go.)

OP
OP
J_Meh_Cray_D

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea it appears they improved the B&Os for the 21+ models but I am right there with you and wonder if it is truly worth it? I owned the previous Ford Deluxe Audio system by THX and that system was amazing in the Lincoln. Not familiar with the B&O stuff.
They improved the f-150 with an 18-speaker “B&O Unleashed” which will not be comparable to the Bronco. It has not been something Ford or any reviewer has focused on. Even the ride-alongs... zip on the B&O

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you had a heated steering wheel? My current vehicle is the first time I've ever had one and I'd take it over heated seats any day of the week. The car doesn't even need to be warm inside to feel comfortable if the wheel is heated.

I had a hand injury in college that really messed my circulation and nerves up in my dominant hand, if it's winter or I'm drinking something really cold I definitely struggle getting my digits moving. I even use the heated wheel in the summer sometimes just to loosen things up.

Of course I wish all these packages were available to any build but that's not how car purchasing works, and everyone saying these are things found in lower packages on expensive cars elseware are forgetting this isn't a $50k luxury vehicle, it's a purpose built off-road monster that you can doll up to get your luxuries.

It's a great luxury item that I'll gladly pay a premium for to continue to experience. I understand my hand issue isn't the norm, but I'd buy it even without said issue after owning one currently.
Hand issues aside, the joke was about the wheel being better than gloves since you can't take it with you.

But I drive a 2004 so yeah I certainly don't have a heating wheel. I don't even have traction control. I also have not turned on the radio in my car in over 3 years; no lie.

I've debated getting Lux for the heated wheel though. I wish I had one back when I worked in construction when you spent the whole day with numb fingers. But living here in GA now, I don't need it. It was 75° F today.
Sponsored