Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm in lux for the adaptive cruise (which interestingly you can add by itself in the Sport). I went with the "shaker" premium audio in my mustang, and granted it's pretty old at this point but the sound was never great, not sure that's really Ford's thing so I'm not expecting much from it. Last time there was a long discussion though it seemed like people really interested in high end audio thought it might be worth it for the wiring and speaker locations alone iirc.
Sponsored

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just DIY the heated wheel if it’s that important to you. This guy did I already plan on DIY’n the wireless charger an garage opener.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went Lux for a number of wants (charging pad, door opener, cruise, soun system) but my must have was the heated wheel. No question I was going Lux from the start once I found out about the wheel. First brand new vehicle might as well order it exactly the way I want. It's just money...I'll make more money lol.

OP
OP
J_Meh_Cray_D

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the biggest benefit of the B&O system is that the wiring, speaker enclosures, etc. are already there, rather than trying to build something custom or wait for the aftermarket to catch up. It's hard to know if the upgraded sound system will actually be good until you hear it, but if you upgrade at least you already have everything wired so you mostly just have to replace the speakers.

I'm not an audiophile by any means, but I do like loud music and want to be able to hear it with the top and doors off. I'm guessing that the B&O system will be fine for my taste, but if it's not I know it will be easier to upgrade. I am also fairly confident that the base 6 speaker system isn't going to cut it for me.
I think it will depend on how much fuckery Ford does with the standard setup. If it’s easy to pull a clean signal, the I’ll be fine without the wiring and housings. If it’s all the same and I have to treat the signal regardless, then B&O has some value. Some. Maybe that JBL Stadium monster is the answer. Or set your bronco up like a wakeboard tower
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't expect the B&O to be anything mind blowing, but it should be a decent upgrade. My dad has it in his F-150 and it sounds good enough to me, but max volume could be better. I find that calls come in a bit quieter than you are able to play music and it can be irritating because some of my family members are mumblers...

Anyways, if you're not an audiophile, the B&O should be great. The only thing I am considering changing is adding the sound bar because it looks like you can pivot it to throw sound into the interior or out the back of the truck. Would be super cool for tailgating, and make my music more than loud enough for topless, doorless highway driving. My stock Jeep sound system is barely loud enough for this, but could be a lot better.

Sponsored
OP
OP
J_Meh_Cray_D

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in lux for the adaptive cruise (which interestingly you can add by itself in the Sport). I went with the "shaker" premium audio in my mustang, and granted it's pretty old at this point but the sound was never great, not sure that's really Ford's thing so I'm not expecting much from it. Last time there was a long discussion though it seemed like people really interested in high end audio thought it might be worth it for the wiring and speaker locations alone iirc.
What speaker locations? The center channel? It’s really not even necessary. There are nice options that don’t require center channel for truly surround sound. I suppose the subwoofer is already in place, but I’m not sure how much benefit that adds. The other speakers are all located in the same housing as standard audio setup.

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The LARGE SCREEN - will keep your Bronco from looking dated too fast.
I know its on the net package down too - but....

Adaptive cruise control - keeps me from misbehaving, and keeps my wife quiet.

So I can think.....

TonyWonder

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Im in the same boat. I love audio, so the B&O would be great. I know that the standard 6 speakers won't cut it, and the difference from high to lux im questioning how much an install would be anyway if I did it somewhere else.

Do you guys have any insight on a rough guestimate of how much an upgraded stereo would be? And how easy would it even be to tie into sync 4. Add an amp and a sub.?

The way i see it, the wireless charger and the heated steeting wheel are just a plus
My current car (13' Coupe) has the upgraded audio. All I had to do is add an amp and sub. The upgraded system (350 watts) came with an upgraded amp and sub. My audio guy linked my JL Sub/amp to the factory Sub/amp. I was able to use the factory ANC that came factory. Guys on the Accord forum without the upgraded system were having all kinds issues with sound when they added aftermarket subs and amps and paid much ended up paying much more to combat the issue they were having.

I also liked how the upgraded system came with a 5 speaker two of which are tweeters, mid and highs. No need to retrofit or buy Accord panels to make it look factory.

Sponsored
OP
OP
J_Meh_Cray_D

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My current car (13' Coupe) has the upgraded audio. All I had to do is add an amp and sub. The upgraded system (350 watts) came with an upgraded amp and sub. My audio guy linked my JL Sub/amp to the factory Sub/amp. I was able to use the factory ANC that came factory. Guys on the Accord forum without the upgraded system were having all kinds issues with sound when they added aftermarket subs and amps and paid much ended up paying much more to combat the issue they were having.

I also liked how the upgraded system came with a 5 speaker two of which are tweeters, mid and highs. No need to retrofit or buy Accord panels to make it look factory.
and my '17 Silverado without any premium audio required a NavTV to get the signal correct. The car companies have done a good job making it a grade A PITA to upgrade audio.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am of the age where if Ford offered an automatic ball scratcher I would pay.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If my memory serves.. continued wireless CarPlay requires a subscription service?
I don't mind the subscription as long as it includes OTA updates. I live in DC from Houston and both places are always building new roads and freeways. My current can't get OTA updates and there are times my nav has no clue where I am.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the cost of my rig, which is already ordered. I ain't upgrading jack shit! No way. 😒

This thing better be ready to deal with whatever I throw at it other than something stupid that would cause it to roll.

All bets are off on mods or upgrades for the first 5 years for me. At $60K+, I'm done.

This B&O stereo has to sound good. B&O only puts their name on high end luxury. I don't have it, have HKs, but in a 7 Series, the B&O sounds great for all types of music and I like my rock, hard!

The Lux package was a must have for me in order to future proof the Bronco. Nothing else I could want on a 4x4 that I didn't check off on the build. That big nav screen may not age well, but the stereo should.

I don't care about heated steering wheels, yes I have them in both Bimmers and guess it just doesn't get cold enough down here to care, but for you Yanks, makes sense..

Last edited: