Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is from the standard features section on the Base model.
Hmm the same document obviously has "starting with mid package", more confusion and discrepancies. I'm getting high package so it's no worry to me, but would hate to be getting base EXPECTING wireless and it's not there.

@ZackDanger - you seem to have your finger on the pulse and an elephantine memory, any insight on Wireless Apple Carplay and which packages get it?
Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

CarPlay is standard on all trims. Wireless is not - and I actually want to recant my first, I think wireless may only be on Lux.

Wireless starts at mid according to packaging guide.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/attachments/2021-bronco-packaging-guide-pdf.89105/
I'll defer to the actual order guide:
Ford Bronco Lux Package, Why Can’t I Quit You? 1614109820904

It's called out the way it is under Mid Package because Ford likes to deem that level of SYNC (w/ connected native nav functionality) a different system and subsequently detail it accordingly, but the wireless CP/ AA is still standard on Base. Pretty sure it's a key element of the SYNC 4 architecture, but I'd have to go look at '21 F-150 XL order guide to confirm.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s the only [COMMODITY CONSTRAINED] item on my build. I’m essentially paying $2300 for a heated steering wheel. I’m asking my high end audio guy if there’s benefit (or cost) to the B&O system since I plan to upgrade it. Need to do some soul searching and see if I can’t get my smooth brain back down to High Package. That’s it. That’s the entire post.
I agree with @GToddC5
I have a Mustang 2016 with a manual, LSD, a racing stripe, a rear sensor and nothing else.

I like heated steering wheels on other vehicles, but in situations where you would need it, you can wear gloves. I consider it a "like to have" not a "must have". Just make sure you have have a couple of pair of nice warm gloves stocked in your house so they are warm, and you don't forget them.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s the only [COMMODITY CONSTRAINED] item on my build. I’m essentially paying $2300 for a heated steering wheel. I’m asking my high end audio guy if there’s benefit (or cost) to the B&O system since I plan to upgrade it. Need to do some soul searching and see if I can’t get my smooth brain back down to High Package. That’s it. That’s the entire post.
STEP AWAY FROM THE LUX PACKAGE! 😄 Seriously, if the heated steering wheel is the only reason, I say back down. This coming from someone ordering the Lux package. I would think there are easier paths to getting a heated steering wheel.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm the same document obviously has "starting with mid package", more confusion and discrepancies. I'm getting high package so it's no worry to me, but would hate to be getting base EXPECTING wireless and it's not there.

@ZackDanger - you seem to have your finger on the pulse and an elephantine memory, any insight on Wireless Apple Carplay and which packages get it?
See below. That's my understanding. Sync4 includes wireless ACP and AA standard.

View attachment 92635

It's called out the way it is under Mid Package because Ford likes to deem that level of SYNC a different system and subsequently detail it accordingly, but the wireless CP/ AA is still standard on Base. Pretty sure it's a key element of the SYNC 4 architecture, but I'd have to go look at '21 F-150 XL order guide to confirm.

Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well that seems pretty clear - and reason to throw a huge fit upon delivery if it was typo!

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
J_Meh_Cray_D

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

STEP AWAY FROM THE LUX PACKAGE! 😄 Seriously, if the heated steering wheel is the only reason, I say back down. This coming from someone ordering the Lux package. I would think there are easier paths to getting a heated steering wheel.
Trying to listen to this so hard. Lizard brain saying HEATED WHEEL!!! Maybe B&O will be good enough...

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Lux package is way too expensive if you don't want the Bang & Olufsen. Sadly, we won't know whether we're getting Good B&O or Bad B&O until Bonco-specific reviews come in.

Take the Wrangler. The Alpine upgrade on the 2016 JK was brilliant. The "Alpine" system in the current JL is middling, at best. Same name; very different results.

I'm waiting for 2022 because I want Sas + 7MT. If I was ordering today, I'd roll the dice and get the B&O because aftermarket integration is way trickier than it used to be.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
would you mind explaining the difference?
It means they have absolutely no idea. They’re basing this on what they think people are going to order but they won’t know until they have all the orders.

Sponsored

clyde

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I got the mid-package on my Big Bend but am thinking about upgrading the speakers if I don't like the standard ones.

OP
OP
J_Meh_Cray_D

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get that y'all love ACC.. It would be a plus for me.. but with a manual transmission I'm getting maybe half the benefit? So why must I shoulder the full price of the package?

ETA: Or keep the price the same, delete my ACC, and give me an accessories credit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J_Meh_Cray_D

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the mid-package on my Big Bend but am thinking about upgrading the speakers if I don't like the standard ones.
Will you upgrade the power to those speakers?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who said they were? I said they were effective with their approach; it turned out to be a good one....which I appreciate as a F stockholder, and in general...
Sponsored