Lux Package, Why Can’t I Quit You?

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I get that y'all love ACC.. It would be a plus for me.. but with a manual transmission I'm getting maybe half the benefit? So why must I shoulder the full price of the package?
Adaptive cruise is a terrific feature. Not sure how well (or if) it will work with a manual, though.
Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Trying to listen to this so hard. Lizard brain saying HEATED WHEEL!!! Maybe B&O will be good enough...
I, too, want a heated wheel - especially since I'm in MI and the Bronco will be parked outdoors 99% of its life - but having installed one in my Sierra, which didn't leave the factory with it, I'm fully content with waiting and retrofitting one myself.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe I'm an outlier but the only things of value to me in the Lux package is the wireless charger and usb ports on the dash. I HATE adaptive cruise control, heated seats and heated steering wheels in general. I don't see the point of having a B&O sound system in a vehicle that is going to have above average wind, road and tire noise in the cabin.

I only got the high package because of the 12 inch infotainment screen. As far as all the other nanny "safety" stuff, you can keep it. I hate when vehicles constantly ding at me for random stuff. If I'm about to run over my neighbor it's because I intend to run over my neighbor, I don't need the car dinging at me or even worse stopping automatically.

BroncoGator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted lux for the garage opener (should have been standard or mid), wireless charging, and B&O if it sounded significantly better.

When I went in to place my order, I listened to a standard system and B&O in two Rangers. I noticed a slight improvement in the audio, but the bass from the subwoofer really overpowered the the mids and highs to the point you really couldn't tell if those were upgraded.

In the end, I decided $2300 plus the potential delay in my build wasn't worth it.

Sponsored

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wanted lux for the garage opener (should have been standard or mid), wireless charging, and B&O if it sounded significantly better.

When I went in to place my order, I listened to a standard system and B&O in two Rangers. I noticed a slight improvement in the audio, but the bass from the subwoofer really overpowered the the mids and highs to the point you really couldn't tell if those were upgraded.

In the end, I decided $2300 plus the potential delay in my build wasn't worth it.
This is a very helpful assessment. Thank you for this post.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Upgrading audio, bc of how it's all integrated now a day, isn't as easy/ cheap as it used to be. It also won't be covered under warranty.

I love music and the extras that come with lux so to me it was never a question.

UGABronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CT6, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s the only [COMMODITY CONSTRAINED] item on my build. I’m essentially paying $2300 for a heated steering wheel. I’m asking my high end audio guy if there’s benefit (or cost) to the B&O system since I plan to upgrade it. Need to do some soul searching and see if I can’t get my smooth brain back down to High Package. That’s it. That’s the entire post.
Hang on ... the LUX package has ...
High Package content, plus Adaptive Cruise Control; 10-speaker B&O Sound System*; Evasive Steering Assist; heated steering wheel; universal garage door opener; two additional front row USB smart-charging ports; Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System and wireless charging pad. So .... after the psychological pain of paying for it is over you'll have all this from now on and no need to upgrade the B&O sound system. (You're welcome)

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Adaptive cruise is a terrific feature. Not sure how well (or if) it will work with a manual, though.
Not sure what makes it terrific in your opinion. In my opinion it's a horrific feature. Handing away control of your vehicle so you can zone out while operating machinery at high rates of speed is questionable at best. The end result of these technologies will be anything EXCEPT observant and engaged drivers.

Watching the train of "adaptive cruise control traffic jam" in the middle lane of freeways should be enough to turn people off of it and we're only at the early adoption stage.

The rate at which driver disengagement is increasing with these questionable technologies is causing studies. The end game will not be kind to driving enthusiasts. The Prius hive mind is winning..... Don't join their ranks!

https://www.itsdigest.com/long-term-use-adas-can-result-disengaged-drivers

I only got the high package because of the 12 inch infotainment screen. As far as all the other nanny "safety" stuff, you can keep it. I hate when vehicles constantly ding at me for random stuff. If I'm about to run over my neighbor it's because I intend to run over my neighbor, I don't need the car dinging at me or even worse stopping automatically.
Perhaps we can queue in that line of folks who don't see the point of Lux package together and make jokes?

I would give Lux package up.
I would let Lux package down.
I would run around on Lux package and desert it.

Sponsored

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It’s 2021 why isn’t the the 12” screen and the B&O an available add on for all trims.

A heated steering steering wheels is worthless in SoCal...

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure what makes it terrific in your opinion. In my opinion it's a horrific feature. Handing away control of your vehicle so you can zone out while operating machinery at high rates of speed is questionable at best. The end result of these technologies will be anything EXCEPT observant and engaged drivers.

Watching the train of "adaptive cruise control traffic jam" in the middle lane of freeways should be enough to turn people off of it and we're only at the early adoption stage.

The rate at which driver disengagement is increasing with these questionable technologies is causing studies. The end game will not be kind to driving enthusiasts. The Prius hive mind is winning..... Don't join their ranks!

https://www.itsdigest.com/long-term-use-adas-can-result-disengaged-drivers

Perhaps we can queue in that line of folks who don't see the point of Lux package together and make jokes?

I would give Lux package up.
I would let Lux package down.
I would run around on Lux package and desert it.
Adaptive Cruise can be a great asset for long distance highway travel. Technology is only as good, and as safe as the operator. Your assertion that it is unsafe is not valid. Thousands of conscientious drivers use it safely as designed every day. If others do not not, it reflects on them-not the well-designed technology they are abusing through their selfish indifference.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s the only [COMMODITY CONSTRAINED] item on my build. I’m essentially paying $2300 for a heated steering wheel. I’m asking my high end audio guy if there’s benefit (or cost) to the B&O system since I plan to upgrade it. Need to do some soul searching and see if I can’t get my smooth brain back down to High Package. That’s it. That’s the entire post.
You can put a lotta sound in there for $2300. Press delete. Surely there is an option for the heated steering wheel. I've got heated seats, but was wishing I had a heated steering wheel during the recently passed midwest ice storms. Or, gloves.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base or Lux there's no reason to be in the middle over a small % of overall $ spend.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Adaptive Cruise can be a great asset for long distance highway travel. Technology is only as good, and as safe as the operator. Your assertion that it is unsafe is not valid. Thousands of conscientious drivers use it safely as designed every day. If others do not not, it reflects on them-not the well-designed technology they are abusing through their selfish indifference.
While I do value pointing out when somebody's anecdotal "evidence" is suspect and not adequate to form a valid argument, and that the IIHS was certainly encouraging advanced driver aids to be developed about ten years ago, that tone has changed soundly to "lets study how this is impacting roadways" as we discover the new and exciting ways we allow our cars to kill people.

In March of 2020 the IIHS announced it had conducted initial testing and sampling of advanced driver aids which highlighted their original assessments failed to take into consideration the level users would rely on said technologies to replace their need for involvement in driving.
https://www.iihs.org/news/detail/au...afeguards-to-keep-drivers-focused-on-the-road

It only took until November of 2020 when we find that IIHS has announced they have MIT being tasked and funded to study disengaged driving

https://www.iihs.org/news/detail/drivers-let-their-focus-slip-as-they-get-used-to-partial-automation

So I asked my GF, who is an MIT graduate, to look into who's running this study and if she had any knowledge of the program and team in it. Unfortunately she was in the aero/astro engineering programs and doesn't know these groups. She's got a few emails out as i'm keen to get early access of these studies, findings and methodologies.

Anyway, to your point, my point wasn't anecdotal.... The technologies have not been vetted well enough and further limitations on them should be forthcoming. Now my opinion: Standard cruise control is effective enough for it's use, adaptive cruise control is ineffective at achieving it's stated objective. Unless that objective is to remove the driver from driving.
Sponsored