Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s 2021 why isn’t the the 12” screen and the B&O an available add on for all trims.

A heated steering steering wheels is worthless in SoCal...
And yet here in Alberta where we just had a stretch of -35 degree weather overnights I value the heated steering wheel very much. Some locations a bit north of me said they had windchills of -50 or more. Thankfully it's warmed up now, but everyone has their own circumstances. The extra power points n the dash, the wireless charger, those are also things I want.
Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get that y'all love ACC.. It would be a plus for me.. but with a manual transmission I'm getting maybe half the benefit? So why must I shoulder the full price of the package?

ETA: Or keep the price the same, delete my ACC, and give me an accessories credit.
Well with the manual the effect of the heated steering wheel is minimized too. Unless they’re heating that shift knob all of sudden.

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am going Lux for the evasive steering since my 17 year old son will be driving the Bronco.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was in the same boat. Why pay the price of admittance just for the ACC, heated steering wheel, and the B&O system. Then I ask myself, if I don't get the LUX will I be absolutely happy with my Bronco? Those are three things that I really like about my Jeep. The answer was no, I wouldn't be completely happy without them. I certainly don't want to be thinking "I wish" every time I drive my new Bronco. I tell the wife it's a mental situation. She tells me it's just that I'm mental. Either way it's the LUX package for me. :)

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went lux because I just want it all integrated... I’m tired of building stereos in cars... pulling the whole interior out to run wiring... trying to keep amps and all outta harms way. I’ve got about $3k just in speakers and an amp... not installed in anything because I’m just tired of doing it. Still need to put about 1/4 of the trim panels back in the excursion from the last time I messed with that stuff.

Sponsored

Mabes

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive been considering going up to the lux package and just going with the 2.3 engine to save money

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went with the lux because I want all the bells and whistles I can get..Michigan winters are cold and long heated wheel is a plus when I am driving with the top off in February.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trying to listen to this so hard. Lizard brain saying HEATED WHEEL!!! Maybe B&O will be good enough...
I've experienced the B&O in the Mustang and Edge ST and liked it in both, so I'm expecting the B&O to be great here, too. If you need help justifying Lux for the heated steering wheel, I can up-sell you on some of the other features. 😄

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s the only [COMMODITY CONSTRAINED] item on my build. I’m essentially paying $2300 for a heated steering wheel. I’m asking my high end audio guy if there’s benefit (or cost) to the B&O system since I plan to upgrade it. Need to do some soul searching and see if I can’t get my smooth brain back down to High Package. That’s it. That’s the entire post.
Right there with you. I keep convincing myself that I need it. I think "myself" has a point. 🤪

Peaked

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what deters me away from the B&O is if the subwoofer is going to take space from the cargo area and I have yet to find wether it does or not. Anyone have the specs on that?

Sponsored

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't want no car/truck making decisions for me. Don't steer when I don't want you to, Don't break when I don't want you to... go with HIGH haha

Thats just scary to me...lol

But i get that it may save lives.

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well it’s gonna be a challenge. I expect the B&O to be better than the base system. But only OK. You could try to just improve the subwoofer, but aftermarket is so much harder than just adding better speakers and an amp now. It will depend on a lot. Is there active noise canceling? That’s a beast. There is no currently available aftermarket integration. They’ll come soon, but for a while you’ll be constrained to a post amplifier input into a Digital signal processor. It’ll be a headache and I don’t know if the B&O adds to the headache or if it’s the same for standard setup.

Then you might want to consider weather resistance. Might go with Hertz speakers just for loudness since it’s an open-air vehicle and those rear speakers are quite far from the front seats.

You could spent $1000 and end up with crappy weird audio. To do it right might be spendy. Upwards of $3,000 with amp, speakers, sub, and install to include cleaning the audio signal. It’s not always as simple as waiting for the right NavTV to come out either.
My Tacoma w the JBL upgrade, mediocre sound and the sub takes up all that great storage space behind rear passenger seat....

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't want no car/truck making decisions for me. Don't steer when I don't want you to, Don't break when I don't want you to... go with HIGH haha

Thats just scary to me...lol

But i get that it may save lives.
My insurance company gives me a discount for those things. I just can't seem to find a reason NOT to go LUX.

BernieB

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went with High Package. IMHO, it's better to just wear driving gloves when it's cold, and check out the audio system first, before ordering better components from Crutchfield or just having a local audio place upgrade speakers / add sub for less.
Same.

Plus, you have remote start so it will be warm.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same.

Plus, you have remote start so it will be warm.
Not me, getting the 7MT with no regrets. I just walk out 10 minutes early and start it
Sponsored