Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s amazing that with all the baked in cost, there’s no baked in options.

like if the hard top sound deadening is actually necessary, you think it would be included in the outer banks.

and why no high package on BB and BD?

just very bizarre
Sponsored

RXV_POOR

Base
First Name
Leland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus GS 350 F Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm doing it for the radar cruise control and the cameras but mostly the radar cruise control.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

what deters me away from the B&O is if the subwoofer is going to take space from the cargo area and I have yet to find wether it does or not. Anyone have the specs on that?
I could be wrong but I think the sub is one of those really compact ones that fit behind the rear panel and don't take up any room. I can''t remember why I believe that to be the case, I think it was discussed briefly in one of the walk around videos and that was the impression I got.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'll say the heated steering wheel is far less important with the remote start. My truck now doesn't have it and my previous two did, but with remote start it's already nice and toasty by the time I get in there. Not saying I wouldn't like it, but it dosent add that much value to me. Also from what I can tell the adaptive cruise is Fords last gen. system, not their new intelligent adaptive cruise. The ACC on my F150 is so bad I never use it anyways and I love the adaptive cruise on my wife's Hyundai.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want the stereo and the heated wheel, the rest of the stuff I think is stupid, although to be frank; I thought the keyless entry and ignition on my Subaru that came in the package that got me my leather and big stereo was stupid and just jacked the price up on me. I've used a key for more decades than I care to admit. Then I found out how great it is to leave the fob in my pocket, especially in Winter.

I suspect I may end up really liking some of the other stuff in the Lux once I try them out. Had a rental car try to wrestle the wheel out of my hand in a construction zone where they had us cross over to the other side of a highway a few years ago. That kind of bullshit I want off and for it to stay off, but they often force technology just because they have it, not because it is good.

Sponsored

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m getting a basesquatch so no access to lux package for me. I did about a thousand builds and just couldn’t justify the money it costs to upgrade. IMO the base two door with Sasquatch is the best value. Just can’t beat it.

My plan is to immediately add a powered subwoofer under the rear seats. I have the kicker sub stage that was built just for my f150 and it’s truly amazing what a difference it makes adding a sub to a factory system. It gives it the depth a factory system needs.

my plan is to go with kicker again but I’m going to research more powered subs until I get my bronco.
Ford Bronco Lux Package, Why Can’t I Quit You? 77952985-452E-4982-9DE6-A37C32B013FB

bsb78

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s the only [COMMODITY CONSTRAINED] item on my build. I’m essentially paying $2300 for a heated steering wheel. I’m asking my high end audio guy if there’s benefit (or cost) to the B&O system since I plan to upgrade it. Need to do some soul searching and see if I can’t get my smooth brain back down to High Package. That’s it. That’s the entire post.
Talk with your dealer about getting them to install it aftermarket, so it’s under warranty. You may pay a decent amount because it’s ala carte, but will be much less than forking out thousands of dollars for one feature.

It’s not something out of the ordinary for a dealer to do, they’re used to it.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Y’all ordering some package besides the SAMSQUANCH?!

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm hoping that the harness for the steering wheel will be pre-wired already for the heated wheel. And that it will take just a flash at the dealer to make it active.

My 2017 F-150 had the wiring in place for heated mirrors with signals even though mine didn't come with them. I just plugged in mirrors from a higher trim that I got for free and they worked fine.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Base or Lux there's no reason to be in the middle over a small % of overall $ spend.
I'm cheap, I don't want to pay the $2300 upgrade from high just for a wireless charging pad and an extra USB port (i.e. the only things I value in the Lux package). In 20 years at 9% return that $2,300 I am saving is $12,890 in future net worth that I'd be giving up.

Sponsored

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm hoping that the harness for the steering wheel will be pre-wired already for the heated wheel. And that it will take just a flash at the dealer to make it active.

My 2017 F-150 had the wiring in place for heated mirrors with signals even though mine didn't come with them. I just plugged in mirrors from a higher trim that I got for free and they worked fine.
Maybe Forscan??

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My insurance company gives me a discount for those things. I just can't seem to find a reason NOT to go LUX.
$2300 is my reasoning not to, but there is no wrong answers.

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
While I do value pointing out when somebody's anecdotal "evidence" is suspect and not adequate to form a valid argument, and that the IIHS was certainly encouraging advanced driver aids to be developed about ten years ago, that tone has changed soundly to "lets study how this is impacting roadways" as we discover the new and exciting ways we allow our cars to kill people.

In March of 2020 the IIHS announced it had conducted initial testing and sampling of advanced driver aids which highlighted their original assessments failed to take into consideration the level users would rely on said technologies to replace their need for involvement in driving.
https://www.iihs.org/news/detail/au...afeguards-to-keep-drivers-focused-on-the-road

It only took until November of 2020 when we find that IIHS has announced they have MIT being tasked and funded to study disengaged driving

https://www.iihs.org/news/detail/drivers-let-their-focus-slip-as-they-get-used-to-partial-automation

So I asked my GF, who is an MIT graduate, to look into who's running this study and if she had any knowledge of the program and team in it. Unfortunately she was in the aero/astro engineering programs and doesn't know these groups. She's got a few emails out as i'm keen to get early access of these studies, findings and methodologies.

Anyway, to your point, my point wasn't anecdotal.... The technologies have not been vetted well enough and further limitations on them should be forthcoming. Now my opinion: Standard cruise control is effective enough for it's use, adaptive cruise control is ineffective at achieving it's stated objective. Unless that objective is to remove the driver from driving.
Ford Bronco Lux Package, Why Can’t I Quit You? 1614126334041

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It’s the only [COMMODITY CONSTRAINED] item on my build. I’m essentially paying $2300 for a heated steering wheel. I’m asking my high end audio guy if there’s benefit (or cost) to the B&O system since I plan to upgrade it. Need to do some soul searching and see if I can’t get my smooth brain back down to High Package. That’s it. That’s the entire post.
I’ll give ‘em fiddy duckets for the garage door opener. $75 for the wireless charging. $100 for the extra USB. Three DOGECOIN for the advanced Cruise Control.
I know a WSB ape when I see one
🦍🦍🦍🚀🚀🚀
Sponsored