First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s the only [COMMODITY CONSTRAINED] item on my build. I’m essentially paying $2300 for a heated steering wheel. I’m asking my high end audio guy if there’s benefit (or cost) to the B&O system since I plan to upgrade it. Need to do some soul searching and see if I can’t get my smooth brain back down to High Package. That’s it. That’s the entire post.
I'm going Base 2.7L Sasquatch hardtop. Only option - Aux switches.

I could not care less about option packages. When I drive, I drive. I don't need to watch a big screen. I don't need leather. My build has all the capabilities at a much reduced price. I could afford an optioned to the Max high trim, but I really don't want it. Heated steering wheel, Ha!

I'll pay more for a Bronco once the Warthog comes out. I will get it as stripped down as possible.

B Wants A Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X; 2002 BMW 530i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get that y'all love ACC.. It would be a plus for me.. but with a manual transmission I'm getting maybe half the benefit? So why must I shoulder the full price of the package?
Adaptive cruise is a terrific feature. Not sure how well (or if) it will work with a manual, though.
Maybe this is a good compromise to maintain driver engagement - ACC with manual trans?

I have really enjoyed ACC when I had it on my Volvo XC40 (which I sold after one year, but it was a good car). I think with a manual it'll still be nice for those times when you're in cruise and the person in front of you is going 2-3 MPH slower than you. ACC just takes care of it.

But with a manual, if the ACC is going to have to really slow you down, then you'll have to clutch and downshift and cancel ACC, thus maintaining driver involvement at all times (in theory).

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All I'd want is the 12" screen. I have the heated steering wheel on my Durango and it was a fun novelty at first, but it gets aggravating because it's too warm after a bit and then you have to turn it off manually. I live in a cold place (Utah), but I won't miss the heated steering wheel at all.

Also, factory sound systems almost always suck, even the upgraded ones. You'd get far more quality at a much lower cost aftermarket.

Sponsored

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I started out at Mid. The only things I had to have were intelligent access, remote start, 110v outlet, and heated seats. Then, I thought, why not go high and get the 12 in screen and 360 camera? Finally, I got invoice pricing and thought, "hell yeah, upgraded stereo, charging pad, and heated wheel" for just a little more than what I was going to originally spend on High.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You'd get far more quality at a much lower cost aftermarket.
I've seen this sort of comment many times on the forums, but it's divorced from reality.

You can certainly get more quality, but it will cost a lot to do anything custom. I'd love to see anyone show a quote from a stereo shop in their area for a custom system install in a Bronco (or any car) that doesn't cost multi thousands of dollars.

Now a person might be good at installing their own system and can save the labor cost, assuming you don't value your own time (which you should), but most people don't want to go through that hassle. So they will need to pay someone else to do the work.

I agree that most factory systems suck and I wish there was an option to get a non-sucky system from the get-go. Until then, you either choose to get what might be an okay system on the Lux package, or you pay someone some pretty big bucks to make it sound really good.

OP
OP
J_Meh_Cray_D

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen this sort of comment many times on the forums, but it's divorced from reality.

You can certainly get more quality, but it will cost a lot to do anything custom. I'd love to see anyone show a quote from a stereo shop in their area for a custom system install in a Bronco (or any car) that doesn't cost multi thousands of dollars.

Now a person might be good at installing their own system and can save the labor cost, assuming you don't value your own time (which you should), but most people don't want to go through that hassle. So they will need to pay someone else to do the work.

I agree that most factory systems suck and I wish there was an option to get a non-sucky system from the get-go. Until then, you either choose to get what might be an okay system on the Lux package, or you pay someone some pretty big bucks to make it sound really good.
This is absolutely true. In fact, I wouldn’t even consider it except this guy is a friend of a friend and I can get really good pricing. Still spendy. I admit it was funny when they’re moving a Lamborghini and a Ferrari out of the way to fit my Silverado in back... while they work on a Shelby Cobra right next to it 😅
https://instagram.com/luxurydetailsma?igshid=5z9xj0k1t6e2

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was hoping for GME and AMC to pay for my Bronco. 😭😭😭✋💎✋🚀🚀🚀
That's the smooth brain talking! Although, AMC is on the rise, soon to open its doors all round the galaxy to gangs of eager apes. Every knuckle dragging degenerate will soon be eating tendies with cocain dipping sauce! HANG IN THERE, I'M NOT A CAT 💎 🖐 🚀 🚀 🚀

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lux package is for the adaptive cruise not the steering wheel! lol

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

AMC is on the rise, soon to open its doors all round the galaxy to gangs of eager apes. Every knuckle dragging degenerate will soon be eating tendies with cocain dipping sauce! HANG IN THERE, I'M NOT A CAT 💎 🖐 🚀 🚀
I guess we are getting off topic, but I went to a theater (for the first time in ages) the other day when we were visiting some friends in Florida. I felt bad for the theater chain. There were more workers than there were patrons. The place was empty.

And man, getting some popcorn and a beer was a process. Order one place, pick up another, pay another. You couldn't even get regular salt. They had to give you some yellowish popcorn machine salt in a little container. Weird experience.

It might take a while for people to flock back in.

Thunderpriest

Outer Banks
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevrolet Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Once I drove my wife's Jeep with a heated steering wheel, I vowed to make sure my next vehicle had one. ( I teased her about it...thinking it an unnecessary option....until I drove with it on in the dead of winter.)
Along comes the Bronco.....my heated steering wheel in my Outer Banks Bronco will run $3950. I justify the expense by looking at all of the other goodies in the package....but if I could get the heated steering wheel ala carte...hello High Package.

ArrickSports

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy HHR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s the only [COMMODITY CONSTRAINED] item on my build. I’m essentially paying $2300 for a heated steering wheel. I’m asking my high end audio guy if there’s benefit (or cost) to the B&O system since I plan to upgrade it. Need to do some soul searching and see if I can’t get my smooth brain back down to High Package. That’s it. That’s the entire post.
All I want is the BYOD Rail and the power on the dash :-/

Gulley13

Wildtrak
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer, 1996 Ford Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Only got the Lux package for the adaptive cruise control had a 14 Lincoln MKZ, 15 F-150 Platinum and 18 Explorer Sport with it!! It’s amazing for highway travel (long trips). Once you have it you can’t just deny yourself the luxury! Well at least I can’t I don’t have that kind of self control.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is one thing I've hated about the auto industry...how you are forced into these high packages for one or two features.
You can say no
Sponsored