First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I submitted my order to my local dealer for whenever they can submit, but now I’m indecisive. I’ve added the lux package and no Sasquatch, but now I’m contemplating getting the High Package and instead adding Sasquatch. Any thoughts if the difference in packages makes a big difference, or is adding Sasquatch more beneficial?
Sponsored

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was lucky enough to get all 3 in my Bronco. Does it really matter, I don't think so. I've already ordered the rubber mats to replace the carpeted ones. Do you need a heated steering wheel? No, but it's nice to have. And unlike the Raptor which blows hot air up behind the paddles, the Bronco wheel gets warm / hot. Heated seats rock! I think they're a must, and I live in Tucson, LOL.

IMO, the Sasquatch package should be scrutinized, and be honest. If you're going off road, then yes! If not, it's not really needed. It's really up to the buyer.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I invested in mechanics (engine, gearing, lockers, lift, tires etc), not frills. The Base Sasquatch has way too much nanny equipment for my liking, but that's just me.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I submitted my order to my local dealer for whenever they can submit, but now I’m indecisive. I’ve added the lux package and no Sasquatch, but now I’m contemplating getting the High Package and instead adding Sasquatch. Any thoughts if the difference in packages makes a big difference, or is adding Sasquatch more beneficial?
My 2 cents -

Assuming that you are getting the Outer Banks, make sure that you are getting the advanced 4x4 transfer case (which comes with the rear locker) if you are not getting the Sasquatch package.

The sasquatch package is cool, but totally overkill for a mall crawler, the advanced 4x4 transfer case and rear locker are a good middle ground and surprisingly capable off-road, and if you are a hardcore off-roader you should probably get the Sasquatch package (actually, you would be $ ahead with the WildTrak).

I have been really happy with the Lux package, but I drive my Bronco more miles than 99% of the members on this board (50k miles this year) and adaptive cruise is 100% worth it. The B&O system sucks because the speakers suck... replace the speakers and it is 3x better.

So if it were me.

It would be either OBX Advanced 4x4 with lux package or WildTrak with the high package. The HOSS 3.0 is worth it.

FWIW, I started with an OBX advanced 4x4 Lux and modified it with the Badlands shocks and springs and a few other goodies.

The OBX advanced 4x4 Lux package is $50,325, OBX high package with Sasquatch is $52,625, but the WildTrak HOSS 3.0 high package is $55,670 (all 2 door 2.7 v6 builds).

Last edited:

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just go LUX and SAS. You will always question yourself if you don't go with whatever you could get. You can always complain that you don't like "x" feature.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just go LUX and SAS. You will always question yourself if you don't go with whatever you could get. You can always complain that you don't like "x" feature.
I almost agree, except that I would say go Lux and HOSS 3.0, but a lot depends on the OP's budget.

68 galaxie

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 galaxie /2017 f450 /2021 f150 / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Go Lux and Sasquatch you want regret it.

461B127F-F9F1-4E36-9980-3EF726AD199B.jpeg

B3F2471E-5580-4781-BB54-3C453EED2EAD.jpeg

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I almost agree, except that I would say go Lux and HOSS 3.0, but a lot depends on the OP's budget.
Exactly, budget plays a big role.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you want to save some money on the LUX package you can delete the built in Navigation and save $695 like I did. I have a Garmin GPS that is better with more features than the Ford Nav so I had zero need for it. It brings the price of the LUX package down to $2,500 vs $1,295 for the High package.

Ford Bronco Lux vs High, or Sasquatch Addition 1D210E38-E604-4B2B-8ED1-76B7DB2863CA

Last edited:

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the high package. I honestly don't miss anything from Lux.

ACC, don't need it as I go 70 mph on the freeway to stay at 2000 RPM (for the gas savings). So everyone is just flying by me anyways.

Heated steering wheels I do not like, as I wear fingerless gloves when needed. And you can just turn the heat vents towards the wheel.

B&O system I know now is not really that much better than the base sound system (will have to modify either way if you really like a nice system).

Wireless charger I have added myself (Mabett). Evasive steering assist? Not even sure what that does. Universal garage opener is easy to install yourself (homelink mirror) but I have an app on my phone for that.

So, in all the plug-in port would be nice (above the dash). But that is it for me from the Lux. However, I got the badlands without the SAS package. So pretty much have all the bells & whistles for the SAS. Just slightly lower clearance, and minor differences in the suspension (but with better tires IMO). I would be remiss if I got a bronco that did not have the SAS or badlands model. I do think it is absolutely worth it if you plan on hitting the trails or going to do some off-roading. I would have been stuck several times already off-roading if I did not have the front locker.

Sponsored

TCC

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX -> WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would say that budget and usage are the deciding factors. I went with a OBX, mid package, non-SAS, adv 4wd (rear locker and trail assist), and 2.7, rubber mat’s front and rear. I used my Ford rebate to upgrade the wheels and tires at delivery. $48K + tax.. More than capable for my use, comfortable interior, and looks great (IMO). I also have a 22 (now 23) Wildtrak high package with leather and MIC on order but thinking of dropping the high and leather and save the $5K+ After owning the mid/cloth for the past 8 months, I find it has everything I need and is quite comfortable.

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have some regrets not going Sas due to suspension upgrades + front locker. My BD is still plenty capable, though

OP
OP
mkalil

mkalil

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for everyones opinions - ended up switching down to High Package (don't need the navigation, heated steering wheel & will aftermarket sound system) & added Sasquatch Package

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have Sas and 2.7 in my 2 door as the only options. Love it, would do it again. Has more than all the bells and whistles I'll ever need and it's way more ready than any trail I'll ever throw at it.

Greg2060

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went with SAS and the Hi pkg. The lux had things I would probably never use such as ACC, charging pad and heated steeling wheel
Sponsored