First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Ford Bronco (project)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just finished installing M&R’s fog lights. The install using their wiring kit was easy and the look is clean. I had a few question about the install and reached out through their site. I actually got an email from Mikhai, the owner of the company and then a follow up email from him as well. Very impressed with the product and the customer service. I really like the way you can choose between white and amber by selecting a different aux switch.

https://mandronline.com/products/2021-ford-bronco-led-m-r-modular-bumper-light-kit?variant=
CBCEC468-E868-4856-844B-5D766125AEF4.jpeg
BC3A3095-A076-4EF5-B394-BFF6F8EACDBF.jpeg
D8599F74-4B31-4CA3-93E2-C684164D8140.jpeg
Beautiful results! My M&R fog lights are on their way for my CO Badlands. Can you please share where I can get a set of orange shackles or did you paint those yourself?
Sponsored

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably a dumb question but I've never done any lighting before. Without the dual function wiring harness and mode switch, if you were to wire white/amber lights to AUX switches, how would you switch between white and amber? Are they separate wires and would require using two AUX switches? If so, what happens if both are switched on? Some lights even have strobe modes, how does that come into play if using AUX switches? If they are not separate wires, would you basically have to decide if you want white or amber as the permanent mode? I've been curious about this since there are many white/amber light options, but I would prefer not to have to mount another switch for the various modes.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably a dumb question but I've never done any lighting before. Without the dual function wiring harness and mode switch, if you were to wire white/amber lights to AUX switches, how would you switch between white and amber? Are they separate wires and would require using two AUX switches? If so, what happens if both are switched on? Some lights even have strobe modes, how does that come into play if using AUX switches? If they are not separate wires, would you basically have to decide if you want white or amber as the permanent mode? I've been curious about this since there are many white/amber light options, but I would prefer not to have to mount another switch for the various modes.
I used a different light setup (although this one is much better and really cool) with amber DRL and white road lamps.
I wired them to two Aux switches.
The two on the far right.
The amber power into one, white into another, local ground at the bumper.
It does require you use up 2 of them, but it allows you to roll around with the cool amber DRL (I just leave my aux switch on at all times, so when powered up, it's on), and use the white supplemental lighting as needed.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That license plate looks like dookey were it’s mounted
I don't like where Ford planned to mount front license plates, but I didn't think about lighting when I bought my mod bumper license plate mount from Builtright. I just realized my license plate would cover up part of the passenger side fog lights if I were to mount them in the bumper like this

Sponsored

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I used a different light setup (although this one is much better and really cool) with amber DRL and white road lamps.
I wired them to two Aux switches.
The two on the far right.
The amber power into one, white into another, local ground at the bumper.
It does require you use up 2 of them, but it allows you to roll around with the cool amber DRL (I just leave my aux switch on at all times, so when powered up, it's on), and use the white supplemental lighting as needed.
Awesome, thats exactly what I was hoping I could do to separate amber and white without adding a mode switch. Thanks

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just finished installing M&R’s fog lights. The install using their wiring kit was easy and the look is clean. I had a few question about the install and reached out through their site. I actually got an email from Mikhai, the owner of the company and then a follow up email from him as well. Very impressed with the product and the customer service. I really like the way you can choose between white and amber by selecting a different aux switch.

https://mandronline.com/products/2021-ford-bronco-led-m-r-modular-bumper-light-kit?variant=
What do you think of the light output on these?

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone know if it is it possible to connect the power for the amber backlights to the DRLs and just have the whites on an aux? Haven’t seen that discussed anywhere - not sure how accessible the wiring is. Could even also consider running the ambers to the DRLs and whites to headlights I suppose if you always wanted the lights on and didn’t want to use the aux switches for them.
This is what I have been thinking about doing as well but with a little twist. Sounds like the amber function is really only for DRL, so I would tap into the DRL feed for the factory headlights. For the white, my initial thought was these are fogs but based upon the quotes below, I'm not entirely sure now. If they are fogs, then my plan would be to hook the whites to the existing but unused fog wire/harness that has been found and then replace the dash light control switch/module with the Ford version that has the push button for the fogs.

What beam pattern are these? You mention DRL with the amber so I assume they are lower output for visibility by others only. Are the white a driving or off road light or fog?
Correct the amber is decorative and the White is 10 degree spots
So, are the white lights a fog light? Are they street legal, or just for off-road only?

Who is the manufacturer of the lights so specs can be looked at?

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Light output Video will come shortly

Any way you could do a video on a dark road. High and low beams with fogs and fogs without headlights.

Thanks

badmankev

First Edition
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Lightening Blue First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

this is what i was looking for! Placed my order for the Badmankev Bronco!

Sponsored
OP
OP
MandRautomotive

MandRautomotive

Outer Banks
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, are the white lights a fog light? Are they street legal, or just for off-road only?

Who is the manufacturer of the lights so specs can be looked at?
The lights are for off road only since they are not DOT approved

www.MandRonline.com

M&R is the manufacturer

20w square single pod .
20 watt/ pod . 2000 lm.
Anodized surface .
20W CREE XH-P50 LEDs .
IP68 waterproof rate .
CNC'd 6063 aluminum housing .
Optical PC lens .
9-36V DC input voltage .
10° spot .
6000K color temperature

badmankev

First Edition
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Lightening Blue First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The lights are for off road only since they are not DOT approved

www.MandRonline.com

M&R is the manufacturer

20w square single pod .
20 watt/ pod . 2000 lm.
Anodized surface .
20W CREE XH-P50 LEDs .
IP68 waterproof rate .
CNC'd 6063 aluminum housing .
Optical PC lens .
9-36V DC input voltage .
10° spot .
6000K color temperature
What is the amperage draw on the fog and light bar? Can they be hooked up to the 5 and 6 aux switch at 5 amps?

randymosteller

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Beautiful results! My M&R fog lights are on their way for my CO Badlands. Can you please share where I can get a set of orange shackles or did you paint those yourself?
On Amazon:
AMBULL Shackles Upgrade 3/4" D Ring Shackle (2 Pack) 70,000 lbs Break Strength with 7/8" Pin, Isolator and Washer Kits for Use with Tow Strap, Winch, Off-Road Truck Vehicle Recovery, Yellow

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08NK2SFQ5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
Sponsored