John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watching with interest. I like those lights vs the pod style.

TheRouteLessTraveled

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These look pretty sweet in appearance but serve no purpose not being legal for on-road use...

Check with @4x4TruckLEDs.com for road-legal options if that's what you're seeking.

Baja Designs...Diode Dynamics...Rigid...

OP
OP
MandRautomotive

MandRautomotive

Outer Banks
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
These look pretty sweet in appearance but serve no purpose not being legal for on-road use...

Check with @4x4TruckLEDs.com for road-legal options if that's what you're seeking.

Baja Designs...Diode Dynamics...Rigid...
From my knowledge neither Baja, Diode, or Rigid have "DOT approved" lights. They are SAE approved, which are different.

SAE, which stands for Society of Automotive Engineers is an international organization of more than 138,000 engineers globally which provides technical standards and recommended practices when it comes to the design, construction and characteristics of vehicle components. SAE documents do not carry any legal strength. Therefore, just because a vehicle component such as a LED light is SAE approved, it does not mean it is legal to be used on public roads, all it means is that the quality of the design and construction meet the standards set by SAE, which are very high standards indeed.

If im wrong i dont mind being corrected.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From my knowledge neither Baja, Diode, or Rigid have "DOT approved" lights. They are SAE approved, which are different.

SAE, which stands for Society of Automotive Engineers is an international organization of more than 138,000 engineers globally which provides technical standards and recommended practices when it comes to the design, construction and characteristics of vehicle components. SAE documents do not carry any legal strength. Therefore, just because a vehicle component such as a LED light is SAE approved, it does not mean it is legal to be used on public roads, all it means is that the quality of the design and construction meet the standards set by SAE, which are very high standards indeed.

Correct. The DOT does not mandate fogs are required, so there is no DOT approval on anything for fog lights/auxiliary lights. The only thing you'll see are "SAE" rated lights, which just meet the SAE guidelines for forward facing lighting. But any company advertising "DOT Approved" lights is full of it :)

Reactions: Cat

Sponsored
OP
OP
MandRautomotive

MandRautomotive

Outer Banks
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Correct. The DOT does not mandate fogs are required, so there is no DOT approval on anything for fog lights/auxiliary lights. The only thing you'll see are "SAE" rated lights, which just meet the SAE guidelines for forward facing lighting. But any company advertising "DOT Approved" lights is full of it :)
Thanks Adam.
My suggestion is use them responsible when noone is around and you will be ok. Treat them like your super high beams on back roads or if you are off roading.
The amber DRL capability can allow you to use them daily

Due51

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just ordered the fog light kit and these quad hood mounted lights for Momma' Bronc. I hope she approves lol
Ford Bronco M&R Automotive MODULAR BUMPER FOG OPENING LIGHT KIT Screenshot (26)

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey, so I've been posting all over the forums on this, but I'm looking for a solution to add some fog lights to the little pocket beside the factory fogs on the CAPABLE bumper.......I'm one of the first ones to be getting one and I'd really be interested in this to fill this little area.....any chance you have or can make something for this bumper? There's gonna be a lot of 2022 models with this bumper hitting the roads soon. Here's a close up shot:

Ford Bronco M&R Automotive MODULAR BUMPER FOG OPENING LIGHT KIT Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 10.48.24 AM

Last edited:

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very happy with the price point these come in at, especially after the forum discount!

Order placed, and can't wait to get them on my CO Badlands.

Sponsored

Due51

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just want to compliment @MandRautomotive for their customer care. I bought some lights earlier today and have been emailing questions all day long. It's 10pm Eastern time and he's still responding to me. I told him how impressed I was with his service and he said he's "a 1-man show and tries his best". That makes his attention to customer service even more impressive. If the lights work as well as I expect (and others have already testified), I'll sing his praises to anyone who asks about lights.

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey, so I've been posting all over the forums on this, but I'm looking for a solution to add some fog lights to the little pocket beside the factory fogs on the CAPABLE bumper.......I'm one of the first ones to be getting one and I'd really be interested in this to fill this little area.....any chance you have or can make something for this bumper? There's gonna be a lot of 2022 models with this bumper hitting the roads soon. Here's a close up shot:

Ford Bronco M&R Automotive MODULAR BUMPER FOG OPENING LIGHT KIT 20220126_105536
I just want to compliment @MandRautomotive for their customer care. I bought some lights earlier today and have been emailing questions all day long. It's 10pm Eastern time and he's still responding to me. I told him how impressed I was with his service and he said he's "a 1-man show and tries his best". That makes his attention to customer service even more impressive. If the lights work as well as I expect (and others have already testified), I'll sing his praises to anyone who asks about lights.

Agreed....I chatted with him a good part of the day today about a possible product for the capable bumper, and he said he'd reach out to the forum.....hopefully somebody has one in CA he can look at for some lights on this bumper too.