First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I believe the AWD module drives the advanced tcase torque bias. I assume the change above to AWD is related to this feature.

Did you get a new hero switch pack with the front locker switch?
I'm sure that is the issue.

No, I didn't get new hero switches, I'll be doing my own rockers in the console next to the window switches.

I found a 2.3 manual with sas and 4wd t-case, so I'm going to start comparing notes on that one with my AB hex.

Are we positive the spline count and OD's are different between the CV's on the m190/210's? I had this crazy idea of adding the FAD to the m210. lol Might help with some MPGs.
Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sure that is the issue.

No, I didn't get new hero switches, I'll be doing my own rockers in the console next to the window switches.

I found a 2.3 manual with sas and 4wd t-case, so I'm going to start comparing notes on that one with my AB hex.

Are we positive the spline count and OD's are different between the CV's on the m190/210's? I had this crazy idea of adding the FAD to the m210. lol Might help with some MPGs.
Umm, you're the one with both diffs... You tell us 😄

Can you post pics of the FAD? I don't even know what it looks like on a Bronco.

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
🤣 OK, I deserve that. 🤣🤣🤣

However, one's installed and full of lube. 🤦🏻‍♂️

*Presently missing the solenoid motor.

Ford Bronco M210 Front Axle Swap? PXL_20220702_011042629~2

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This just answered my question of why the hell the 190 would have both FAD and no FAD... it's due to the AWD t-case vs the 4WD option.

If I were to go the 190 swap route, there's no way I'd run the front dig through the BCM. It'd be a standalone switch, with a mechanical interlock safety. I plan to do this with my LWN Colorado by adding the Eaton front locker from the ZR2 on a standalone switch. I want the option to run in 4HI, which BCM parameters preclude.

Yillbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This just answered my question of why the hell the 190 would have both FAD and no FAD... it's due to the AWD t-case vs the 4WD option.

If I were to go the 190 swap route, there's no way I'd run the front dig through the BCM. It'd be a standalone switch, with a mechanical interlock safety. I plan to do this with my LWN Colorado by adding the Eaton front locker from the ZR2 on a standalone switch. I want the option to run in 4HI, which BCM parameters preclude.
Here is a useful graphic too, to outline who and why one of them have the FAD.

2021 Bronco order guide 31.jpg

Sponsored

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What's the M3 on the BB?

Yillbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What's the M3 on the BB?
M means mandatory, and 3 is the sasquatch package. So in order to get the 4.73 you had to have the sas mandatory I guess. I've attached the full image so you can see the legend

2021-Bronco-Order-Guide-31.jpg

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, the FAD off the m190 Does NOT fit the m210...

At least not without cutting the intermediate shaft down about an inch and resplining the outboard end.

The shafts are 29 spline. CV axles will interchange. The housings even match up. But the innards are a no-go.

Ford Bronco M210 Front Axle Swap? PXL_20220703_051030298

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This thread pretty much confirms that SAS is a great value BUT I applaud the guys who are trying to install SAS after the fact.
Yep, it's definitely the way to go right out of the box. If I could order a new bronco and expect to actually get it in a few months - I wouldn't be doing this. 🙄

Sponsored

Yillbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This thread pretty much confirms that SAS is a great value BUT I applaud the guys who are trying to install SAS after the fact.
Realistically, this isn't even an issue with " sas ", because the 4.46 m210 also would have this issue. So pretty much any axle you move up to from the stock 3.73 axle is going to have this issue. So clearly Ford intended for this to be a software fix.....Ford just won't share what the software fix is yet lol.

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The CYA has to have something to do with their EPA quotas. By going up to 35's I took a 20mpg truck down to not quite 17.

They even say removing the doors is for off-road only. We all know that's a joke given the market segment.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
just order SAS and you will have no issues

😬

Realistically, this isn't even an issue with " sas ", because the 4.46 m210 also would have this issue. So pretty much any axle you move up to from the stock 3.73 axle is going to have this issue. So clearly Ford intended for this to be a software fix.....Ford just won't share what the software fix is yet lol.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, the FAD off the m190 Does NOT fit the m210...

At least not without cutting the intermediate shaft down about an inch and resplining the outboard end.

The shafts are 29 spline. CV axles will interchange. The housings even match up. But the innards are a no-go.

Ford Bronco M210 Front Axle Swap? PXL_20220703_051030298
Is this only an issue with which transfer case one has? Advanced 4x4 vs non advanced 4x4? The FAD is only on the non advanced 4x4, correct? Otherwise it should be a bolt on solution?

Yillbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
just order SAS and you will have no issues

😬
Again, it's not really about " Sas ". My reasoning for the upgrade is to get better MPG, I'm not even wiring in the lockers. However; you can't purchase the 4.73 without lockers. This thread is clearly about swapping axles, so the anecdotal " Just go buy something else " isn't really the answer, hence the reason the thread exists in the first place.
Sponsored