Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would just like an explanation as to why Ford programmed it this way.
You engineer for the slowest and stupidest user as that's where your warranty application losses come from. "Average" is a fairly low bar when spread across the few hundred thousand units they will build.

Sage advice from George:

0c4.jpg
Sponsored

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My thinking is the opposite - how much heat does the solenoid generate given that it's already in a 220° oil bath?

I'm looking at pre-built timer/relays on Amazon to replicate the Ford circuitry. I'm thinking we just need a 60 second delay and then add a resistor in series with a diode to keep it from staying at 12v.
You could be right, as I said, its not my area. That's just what I've been led to believe by people that are closer to it than I am... 🤷‍♂️

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You could be right, as I said, its not my area. That's just what I've been led to believe by people that are closer to it than I am... 🤷‍♂️
Just thinking out loud here. I really appreciate your insights as you're closer to the design team than I'll likely ever be. Just trying to hive-mind reverse engineer these suckers for everyone to follow.

Like Billy said - I don't want the ECU to be locking out my lockers depending on drive mode. I do lake "Baja" here in MN in the winter and I absolutely want my front diff locked in 4H.

22luxobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
im in same boat, I want to understand but not skilled in these terms, so if I with my non sas OBX Advanced 4x4 was to purchase this front locker set up and the M210 axles it would just be simple to plug in and have dealer properly program it to get the front locking diff to work?

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

im in same boat, I want to understand but not skilled in these terms, so if I with my non sas OBX Advanced 4x4 was to purchase this front locker set up and the M210 axles it would just be simple to plug in and have dealer properly program it to get the front locking diff to work?
No, as of right now you can't get one with 4.27 ratio that you have on the OBX. Also you'd be hard pressed to find a dealer will to try reprogramming. You'd also need new hero switches that have the front locker button.

Sponsored

22luxobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
but If I switched to Sasquatch 4.7 front and rear it would just be down to finding a dealer to work with and finding the hero switches?

Harles Garage

Big Bend
First Name
Harley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@Just_Jim ever get a FAD delete via the software to work? Or still rocking the zip tie temporarily.

My Big Bend w/ open 3.73 gear (and FAD) should be here next week so I hope to do this swap soon as well. I think I follow most of what needs to be done.

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@Just_Jim ever get a FAD delete via the software to work? Or still rocking the zip tie temporarily.

My Big Bend w/ open 3.73 gear (and FAD) should be here next week so I hope to do this swap soon as well. I think I follow most of what needs to be done.
Never got it fixed and my Ford CS email agent went silent after my last message saying I wasted $136 at the dealer for them to not do anything I hadn't already tried. 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️

So the FAD remains hanging by a bolt and some zip ties. Oh well - at least it works.

joss

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry for not reading basically any comment because I'm at work LOL, but basically is there a way to swap out both my base 2D non-sas axles (3.73 gears open diff) for 4.27 gears for the ELD? money isn't an issue, and i don't need front diff to lock, just rear preferred.
edit: sorry if question is dumb

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 bronco black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interesting update. I am at the bronco take over weekend at silver lake sand dune and the Dana spicer bronco was there with the fdu/ fad delete.
They said ford programmed it for them and it worked perfectly. They also said they are waiting on ford to release the program update to start selling.
I know it’s not much but it gives me a bit of hope

Sponsored

Leesnell91

Black Diamond
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond Advanced 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Just_Jim I have a 22 black diamond the advanced 4x4 non FAD with 4.46 gears. I want to upgrade to M210 with 4.46 ratio. What all will I need to do? Is the Ford perf. m210 (4.46) direct Bolt on?

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Just_Jim I have a 22 black diamond the advanced 4x4 non FAD with 4.46 gears. I want to upgrade to M210 with 4.46 ratio. What all will I need to do? Is the Ford perf. m210 (4.46) direct Bolt on?
You need the M210 drive shaft and M210 half shafts too.

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I ended up just going with 12v constant.

Me and the Mrs. are going to a ORV park tomorrow, so that'll be the first real test. I did hear the solenoids trigger when the windows were down, but we have a commercial deep freezer out there and the fan destroys the audio on videos.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm still waiting for that early 2022 release of the D44 with 5.13s with FAD delete. Probably be waiting a bit longer.