Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond Advanced 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Supposedly bronc buster is getting a small supply
The problem is the programming is still not available to program a FAD equipped model to understand that it is no longer there. at least that’s the last I heard.
Sponsored

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The problem is the programming is still not available to program a FAD equipped model to understand that it is no longer there. at least that’s the last I heard.
I did see one mention of a dealer supposedly getting it done. I've still yet to receive any updates out of my Ford CS rep since this summer.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry for not reading basically any comment because I'm at work LOL, but basically is there a way to swap out both my base 2D non-sas axles (3.73 gears open diff) for 4.27 gears for the ELD? money isn't an issue, and i don't need front diff to lock, just rear preferred.
edit: sorry if question is dumb
I’m looking to update to the m210 either 4.46(my preference) or 4.7 at some point. So I’ll have my 4.27 with locking rear setup up for grabs. Eventually.

Dream_Solventless

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did see one mention of a dealer supposedly getting it done. I've still yet to receive any updates out of my Ford CS rep since this summer.
I’ve been chatting with spicer for a few weeks about their release of the 44 fdu and when it will be available and they messaged me yesterday to tell me ford will be releasing the fad delete next week. I’m not crossing my fingers but that’s the first update I’ve heard in a minute that’s not sometime next year, so here’s to hoping 😂

Leesnell91

Black Diamond
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond Advanced 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve been chatting with spicer for a few weeks about their release of the 44 fdu and when it will be available and they messaged me yesterday to tell me ford will be releasing the fad delete next week. I’m not crossing my fingers but that’s the first update I’ve heard in a minute that’s not sometime next year, so here’s to hoping 😂
I wonder how much longer after that it will be released to the aftermarket shops.
I’m not paying dealer rates for labor lol

Sponsored

Dream_Solventless

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder how much longer after that it will be released to the aftermarket shops.
I’m not paying dealer rates for labor lol
I hear you there, the way they worded it made it sound like it will just be a ford performance part we will have to order. My original understanding was the fad delete was mainly programming and would be released through he pro-cal thing. I’m kind of wondering what it is now lol

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I emailed Ford Performance and they said they would know in the next few days about the non FAD upgrade.

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks like they're incorporating it into the ProCaL.

Here's hte link for the 2.7L.

It also looks like the price went up because of it. The ProCal with this added is $825 Retail.

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well it's confirmed that you can just program it with the procal. Hopefully the next thing they do is the Hoss 3.0 steering rack. Then my Bronco would be done

Screenshot_20221202_010634_Gmail.jpg

Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well it's confirmed that you can just program it with the procal. Hopefully the next thing they do is the Hoss 3.0 steering rack. Then my Bronco would be done

Ford Bronco M210 Front Axle Swap? Screenshot_20221202_010634_Gmail
So what about HERO switch/Bronco integration? I looked on my Black Diamond and don't see a blank plug for the locker to plug into. I know I can just wire it to an AUX switch but would rather have it fully integrated.

Is this part of Fords kit? Anybody know?

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So what about HERO switch/Bronco integration? I looked on my Black Diamond and don't see a blank plug for the locker to plug into. I know I can just wire it to an AUX switch but would rather have it fully integrated.

Is this part of Fords kit? Anybody know?
So before I answer that I want to make it clear that this is speculative on my part from what I've read elsewhere...

When you're programming stuff into the computer, it should also integrate that into the traction control systems and all that. So, you ideally would only need to buy the hero switch panel that's appropriate for your trim level and options and plug it in/isntall it. My understanding is that the hero switches are connected to the computer and operate through it. So as long as the computer knows you have the 210 front locker, and you hit the hero switch on the new panel, the locker should operate as though Ford intended.

But yea you'd need to buy the hero switch panel which has different p/n depending on options, like for you and I with a black diamond non-sasquatch, I'd basically look for a wild track hero switch panel or whatever p/n that is

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So before I answer that I want to make it clear that this is speculative on my part from what I've read elsewhere...

When you're programming stuff into the computer, it should also integrate that into the traction control systems and all that. So, you ideally would only need to buy the hero switch panel that's appropriate for your trim level and options and plug it in/isntall it. My understanding is that the hero switches are connected to the computer and operate through it. So as long as the computer knows you have the 210 front locker, and you hit the hero switch on the new panel, the locker should operate as though Ford intended.

But yea you'd need to buy the hero switch panel which has different p/n depending on options, like for you and I with a black diamond non-sasquatch, I'd basically look for a wild track hero switch panel or whatever p/n that is
Except the harness is different under the engine.

If your truck came with a FDU and no locker, you're missing the whole circuit to connect the locker. There's literally nothing there - just like in back if you didn't get the locker when it was built.

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Except the harness is different under the engine.

If your truck came with a FDU and no locker, you're missing the whole circuit to connect the locker. There's literally nothing there - just like in back if you didn't get the locker when it was built.
Yea but he was asking about the hero switch. I doubt it's terribly difficult to get the harness if needed. They don't mention it in the description on the website. Either way, it will be the best option moving forward. I'm hoping the hoss 3.0 upgrade will be intigrated/available soon. I'd really like to just take the Bronco apart one time and do it all that one time lol.

I can't remember which thread it was on, but I remember reading here that once you had everything plugged into the computer and calibrated, that it was essentially plug n play on the hero switches, the GOAT modes and all that stuff. I don't really care about all that automatic stuff when I switch modes, I'm always in normal. I just want to lock the front, if I need to put harnesses together to do it, I'm fine with it. But hopefully they do have a harness kit that comes with it. It's easier/quicker to plug it in than it is to solder/crimp everything on your own.

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wired mine separately and opted not to try factory integration because the front diff unlocks at 20mph via the computer.

I have the FAD section with the actuator bolted under the truck at the moment. Don't really want to spend $825 after dropping $5k in axles & shafts just to fix a block of code.

Maybe Ford will do the right thing and let us correct it via Forscan.
Sponsored