First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2018 JL, 2020 Gladiator, 2021 2dr Badland
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm most curious to find out if they still have the welded ring gear on these units. As-is, there are limitations on what you can slap in there.

@Rocketeer Rick had a much better and technical understanding of what would be needed/required, i'm still on the uphill slope of having to learn/remember the details on this.
None of the locking diffs have welded ring gears. All non locking diffs have the welded ring gear.
Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All Badlands have the M210 locking front diff, sasquatch or non. 4.7:1 gearing in a non-Sas would need to be a manual transmission IIRC. That's what I have sitting on DirtMtn...
Yeah, I remember seeing the gear ratios for the rear locker change automatically when switching between 7MT and 10spd options, but didn't recall if it was displaying the front ratios as well. A non-squatch Badlands with the 7MT should be 4.7:1 all around then?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah, I remember seeing the gear ratios for the rear locker change automatically when switching between 7MT and 10spd options, but didn't recall if it was displaying the front ratios as well. A non-squatch Badlands with the 7MT should be 4.7:1 all around then?
yup your not gonna have mismatched F/R gearing.

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

and when they are done upgrading they will hate themselves for not ordering from the factory to begin with.

It only makes sense to upgrade to 5.13 and 5.38 as it did not come from the factory with these gear choices
Not true. If I buy a Black Diamond because that’s what I want with the 4.46 gearing and I want a front diff lock then this is perfect. I’m sure it can be setup for less than $6000 so that’s good. Not everybody wants or needs to run the biggest tire for technical rock crawling.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I never said one needs big tires for technical rock crawling.

Not true. If I buy a Black Diamond because that’s what I want with the 4.46 gearing and I want a front diff lock then this is perfect. I’m sure it can be setup for less than $6000 so that’s good. Not everybody wants or needs to run the biggest tire for technical rock crawling.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We saw this in the Ford performance listings some time ago, but a good refresh. Of note to some (me included) this set up is not available for the 4.27 ratio :(

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow!

That's actually really cool that they offer it after market. The guys ordering base and lower trims without Sasquatch have a LOT of upgrade paths now.
Yes. But imagine the total cost. 1800 bucks plus an install. Per axle. No warranty offered. Might as well Squatch it.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. But imagine the total cost. 1800 bucks plus an install. Per axle. No warranty offered. Might as well Squatch it.
Yeah, but you can find Ford Performance stuff heavily discounted at other vendors. I got my ARB compressor for much less than Ford was offering (for example), and the Ford Performance tune for my Ranger was about half the price at a local shop.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This. I don’t like the Badlands grille or signature lights. I definitely don’t want Sasquatch in winter. If I find the front locker is needed I can install myself. Wiring is easy if you don’t care about integration with the GOAT modes. I don’t.

Sponsored

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This. I don’t like the Badlands grille or signature lights. I definitely don’t want Sasquatch in winter. If I find the front locker is needed I can install myself. Wiring is easy if you don’t care about integration with the GOAT modes. I don’t.
This is great! I assume no one has seen a video of a hero switch being added? Just replace the whole assembly with a new one containing the extra switch?

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is great! I assume no one has seen a video of a hero switch being added? Just replace the whole assembly with a new one containing the extra switch?
I am not sure if you can do a hero switch but normally an e-locker just needs 12 volts to engage so any 12 volt switched power will do.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We saw this in the Ford performance listings some time ago, but a good refresh. Of note to some (me included) this set up is not available for the 4.27 ratio :(
I would rather have a Torsen that bolted in the M190, it would solve the vast majority of what I would want/need without having to go to the M210. If you need the M210, then you should definitely consider the Sasquatch or the Badlands. As others have said, it's a great bang for the buck.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly. I'd like the locking diff and keep the smaller tires.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would rather have a Torsen that bolted in the M190, it would solve the vast majority of what I would want/need without having to go to the M210. If you need the M210, then you should definitely consider the Sasquatch or the Badlands. As others have said, it's a great bang for the buck.
Unfortunately, Ford throws a wrench in the works by welding on the ring gear of all M190 axles. So, even if you buy a Torsen, you'll still need to swap out the ring and pinion gears. Probably still cheaper than swapping in a 210, and all that entails, but not as clean as it could be...
Sponsored