Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's the consensus on the max tire size you can run with the M210 and actually use it off road (and it not break)?
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best axle tech post I've seen to date here.
Repost from @Incognito :

The new Advantek D30 and D44 should of been given new designations.
Comparing them to the older axles is like directly comparing a G6 Bronco to a EB, because they share a name too.

That said, the M190's center differential is actually rated by Dana as being stronger than the new Jeep D44.
The M210 is significantly stronger.
The pinion teeth of the M190 and M210 engage the ring gear closer to the center of the gear.
The D44 and D30 have the pinion closer to the top, for driveshaft clearance.
This puts more deflection stress on the D30/44 pinion.

Also, the ring gears use an new convex curved tooth shape, that increases the % of ring gear and pinion tooth contact, while reducing friction.

As @Apples has said, the CV joints are going to be the weak link in the front axle.

The good news is that the Ford engineers made the Sasquatch CV size the default half shaft for all Broncos.
Also, there is only one half shaft.
It is interchangeable L/R, Base to Wildtrack.

Finally, Ford has stated that the Bronco is easily lifted. Just like the Wrangler.
Ford Dealers have watched Jeep Dealers get fat and happy putting MOPAR warrenty approved 2" lifts and 37" tires on Wranglers.
Either straight off the showroom floor, or as a used sale still under warranty.

Ford has directly stated that Bronco dealers will be able to get in on this action.
Big money is at stake.

All of this means that the Bronco hard parts will handle 37" tires.
Just add lift and rubber.

M190 Broncos will be like D30 Wranglers. 35" if you are lightfooted on the trail. 37" if it's a mall crawler.

M210 +37" will be gtg for the lightfooted.
We don't know yet if the 40" tires will be usable as a mall crawler without heavy modifications to things like the ball joints and steering.
Probably not. The 40" donuts are very heavy.

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Useful post. Thanks very much. The only problem I see with the lift kit is I don't want to lose the bilsteins that come on the Sasquatch. Maybe Ford will offer BilStein's that are 2 in longer

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Useful post. Thanks very much. The only problem I see with the lift kit is I don't want to lose the bilsteins that come on the Sasquatch. Maybe Ford will offer BilStein's that are 2 in longer
Bilstein is working on 6112's to be released through Ford Performance. However, they are not equivalent to the Sasquatch reservoir coilovers. To get better you need to step up to the Bilstein 8112's, those are what the Bronco Bilstein's are based on.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you want a bigger Squatch, done right, your going to probably buy a high end kit that will have HQ coilovers in it.
They will be the equal or very close to the Bilsteins anyway.

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you want a bigger Squatch, done right, your going to probably buy a high end kit that will have HQ coilovers in it.
They will be the equal or very close to the Bilsteins anyway.
I run Fox shocks on all of my side by sides but BilStein's on my trucks.

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bilstein is working on 6112's to be released through Ford Performance. However, they are not equivalent to the Sasquatch reservoir coilovers. To get better you need to step up to the Bilstein 8112's, those are what the Bronco Bilstein's are based on.
Very good! Thanks
Sponsored