First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Already installed my iag set. This seems easier and nicer and if I didn’t have it already the choice is clear.
But when it’s installed already… not seeing a reason to spend twice. It works. It’s enough for me.
If one day I’ll need the extra aux switch, sure… but until then…
Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the install video! For the plastic trim that runs along the top rear roll bar (at the dome light), how do you remove that pin/clip holding it in place? The part in your video at 7:00. I assume just a trim removal tool and pull down? Then just continue to pull the whole plastic trim down via clips loosening as normal?

Also, I assume the side curtain airbag plastic trim pieces just unclip as well? Since you already had the IAG lights installed, some of this trim removal guidance was omitted from the video, so appreciate the help.

Thank You

OP
OP
Wildfire1

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the install video! For the plastic trim that runs along the top rear roll bar (at the dome light), how do you remove that pin/clip holding it in place? The part in your video at 7:00. I assume just a trim removal tool and pull down? Then just continue to pull the whole plastic trim down via clips loosening as normal?

Also, I assume the side curtain airbag plastic trim pieces just unclip as well? Since you already had the IAG lights installed, some of this trim removal guidance was omitted from the video, so appreciate the help.

Thank You
Sorry I left some stuff out. People get totally annoyed with me because of the details I keep in my videos. They say it makes the video too long so to shorten them up things end up on the cutting room floor.
The Center clip was removed by the tool to the far left in the photo. After you get that pin out just gently pull down the middle section enough to get at the wiring on the light. To remove the side air bag cover simply remove the 5/16th bolts around them and they will pull off easily.
You can then route the harness on the left and right of the vehicle. I found using a stiff metal wire taped to the metal wire made getting it out to the air bag area very easy. The rest should be easy going by the video.

Note. The photo shows the pry tools I used in this video. the measuring tape was to show their length. You can obtain this stuff off of Amazon or a reputable automotive parts store.
Hope the helps.

IMG_5169.jpg

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry I left some stuff out. People get totally annoyed with me because of the details I keep in my videos. They say it makes the video too long so to shorten them up things end up on the cutting room floor.
The Center clip was removed by the tool to the far left in the photo. After you get that pin out just gently pull down the middle section enough to get at the wiring on the light. To remove the side air bag cover simply remove the 5/16th bolts around them and they will pull off easily.
You can then route the harness on the left and right of the vehicle. I found using a stiff metal wire taped to the metal wire made getting it out to the air bag area very easy. The rest should be easy going by the video.

Note. The photo shows the pry tools I used in this video. the measuring tape was to show their length. You can obtain this stuff off of Amazon or a reputable automotive parts store.
Hope the helps.

Ford Bronco Mabett’s new 4pc Interior light set and installation IMG_5169
Great, thank you for all this added information. I have the trim removal tools and have removed plenty of trim in my Bronco already, so I have that experience, but haven’t had to remove these panels yet. And sometimes there can be odd/tough clips, which is why I was asking. Sounds like nothing I can’t handle. My lights are showing up today and hope to get installed in next couple of days. Thank you.

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just ordered my set. Agree with everything said above about the apparent ease of installation of this over the IAG and also, the fact that it will work with the factory dome light switch.

Now I just gotta wait until they arrive and I have time to put them in.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wildfire1

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great, thank you for all this added information. I have the trim removal tools and have removed plenty of trim in my Bronco already, so I have that experience, but haven’t had to remove these panels yet. And sometimes there can be odd/tough clips, which is why I was asking. Sounds like nothing I can’t handle. My lights are showing up today and hope to get installed in next couple of days. Thank you.
You’re more than welcome. It’s not hard to do. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. You got this bud 👍

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was about to do this install, then realized my jbl soundbar is in the way. Could probably still do it But is a tight fit to tread those wires.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
they are now showing a 20% off coupon on amazon. I ordered too early it looks like
Just saw that, the coupon code shows up very sporadically and the coupon code does not work. Got on a chat with Amazon customer service and they gave me $20 credit.

John P.

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered today; “only” a 10% off coupon shows for me.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got mine installed today. Took me a couple hours as I wanted to go slow and careful working around the side curtain airbags. I also disconnected the battery just in case. Getting the rear roll bar plastic cover off was a bit of a bear, but once I pulled down for the life of me (more than I was comfortable with and about to just give up), it popped loose. I hate that clip popping sound, but luckily no broken clips. I also couldn't quite get my side curtain airbag plastic covers back on as tightly as they fit before (slight gap at the bottom towards the rear of the vehicle). I tried a few times, then just left it. Figured that's where the airbag deploys anyway, so I was OK with it.

All in all, these lights rock and are super bright. I also have the Mabett rear dome light installed, and this new 4-piece light kit is much brighter than the Mabett rear dome light. I think it's nice to have both light kits installed though.

A couple other things I noticed that I can live with, but wish were different:

- The 4-piece light kit doesn't "slowly fade/dim" when they shut off. Either from the swith or timer. They just shut off quickly. My Mabett rear dome light does slowly fade/dim off though.
- The other thing was when you push the front dome light button they all turn on, great! However, when I push the rear dome light button on my Mabett rear dome just the rear dome turns on, not the 4-piece kit. I didn't do anything wrong that I'm aware of, so just assume this is how they work.

EDIT: Adding some photos and forgot to mention my favorite part about these lights is how they are smoked and very stealth looking. Can hardly even see them when they aren’t lit. The Amazon photos don’t show them having smoked lenses, but they are.

Ford Bronco Mabett’s new 4pc Interior light set and installation IMG_2348

Ford Bronco Mabett’s new 4pc Interior light set and installation IMG_2345

Ford Bronco Mabett’s new 4pc Interior light set and installation IMG_2349

Ford Bronco Mabett’s new 4pc Interior light set and installation IMG_2352

Last edited:

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. Much easier. You will need to pull the two side tabs out again or even retrieve them in the plastic roof panel if they come off pulling the light down. Add some extra tape to what’s already there and it’s good.
Question, if your pulling that whole back plastic down that houses the dome light, why do you even need to pull the dome light off? I assume once you have that cross piece pulled down you would have access to the dome light harness and could just unplug it from the dome to add the new harness in line no?

OP
OP
Wildfire1

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Question, if your pulling that whole back plastic down that houses the dome light, why do you even need to pull the dome light off? I assume once you have that cross piece pulled down you would have access to the dome light harness and could just unplug it from the dome to add the new harness in line no?
Pulling the light down only makes it easier to unplug it. It’s harder when left in place.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pulling the light down only makes it easier to unplug it. It’s harder when left in place.
Thank you. I just hate the thought of pulling that dome light since it sounds like the same thing might happen to its clips as happened to the OEM clips when I replaced it with Mabetts which is to say that one of them bent to shit.

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got mine installed today. Took me a couple hours as I wanted to go slow and careful working around the side curtain airbags. I also disconnected the battery just in case. Getting the rear roll bar plastic cover off was a bit of a bear, but once I pulled down for the life of me (more than I was comfortable with and about to just give up), it popped loose. I hate that clip popping sound, but luckily no broken clips. I also couldn't quite get my side curtain airbag plastic covers back on as tightly as they fit before (slight gap at the bottom towards the rear of the vehicle). I tried a few times, then just left it. Figured that's where the airbag deploys anyway, so I was OK with it.

All in all, these lights rock and are super bright. I also have the Mabett rear dome light installed, and this new 4-piece light kit is much brighter than the Mabett rear dome light. I think it's nice to have both light kits installed though.

A couple other things I noticed that I can live with, but wish were different:

- The 4-piece light kit doesn't "slowly fade/dim" when they shut off. Either from the swith or timer. They just shut off quickly. My Mabett rear dome light does slowly fade/dim off though.
- The other thing was when you push the front dome light button they all turn on, great! However, when I push the rear dome light button on my Mabett rear dome just the rear dome turns on, not the 4-piece kit. I didn't do anything wrong that I'm aware of, so just assume this is how they work.

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I installed yesterday as well
I am the most unhandy and awkward person on the planet
Took me two hours but I did it!!!
I’m a little heavy handed with the trim tool
Broke a clip but it’s on sturdy
Looks great
Ty Mabett for making this possible and the utube videos!
Great products
Sponsored