Sponsored

Mabett 6.5" Rear Speaker Pods Available Now!

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Of course!

I ran it through Forscan and made some changes, but I'm not too sure it was a huge upgrade. In the ACM module, I changed the first line from 382B to 3800, and in the second line from 0901 to 0900.

Others are reporting a profound impact with those changes, but that wasn't my case.

Forscan results for me may be largely masked though by the Pioneer mini-sub that I installed under my passenger seat. It contributes a lot to the low end, so my only real goal with the 6.5s was to put a little more meat in the mids and low-mids. Maybe I should unplug the sub and A/B the Forscan changes, but I haven't really had a lot of time this week to play around with it all.

Fire away any questions if you've got 'em! Happy to help and experiment however I can as we figure this whole thing out.
I had a profound impact changing the first line. Changing the 0901 to 0900 made it worse so only the first line in my 2021 Bronco is changed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Kicker cs 6.5 looks like? Did they fit and have enough clearance with the tweeter? A few post earlier said CS’s won’t allow for the cover to close.
Yes they are. No problems with the clearance. Cover snapped right on.

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last edited:

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@negativezero @Mabett
Having a little trouble with the install in my 2 door--hopefully someone can guide me in the right direction.

I've got the RH Mabett pod installed using the roll bar bracket with the R stamped into it in place of the stock bracket. This puts the speaker so far forward that I can't get the grille on. The speaker is basically touching the seatbelt pillar loop.

Ford Bronco Mabett 6.5" Rear Speaker Pods Available Now! IMG_1503.JPG

The pod lines up with the locator holes on the roll bar nicely, but feels like maybe it was meant to go further outboard (which would only make the contact with the seatbelt worse). All 3 attachments to the roll bar are secure.

Ford Bronco Mabett 6.5" Rear Speaker Pods Available Now! IMG_1505.JPG

I can't reuse the stock brackets because they wont fit the Mabett housing groove--plus i think it holes the pod too far outboard so it would crash with the vertical part of the roll bar.

Ford Bronco Mabett 6.5" Rear Speaker Pods Available Now! IMG_1509.JPG

Stock LH pod for reference:

Ford Bronco Mabett 6.5" Rear Speaker Pods Available Now! IMG_1507.JPG

Ford Bronco Mabett 6.5" Rear Speaker Pods Available Now! IMG_1506.JPG

IMG_1507.JPG

Sponsored

Blu6GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a profound impact changing the first line. Changing the 0901 to 0900 made it worse so only the first line in my 2021 Bronco is changed.
@negativezero.

Thanks for your reply.

I did some more reading up and watched some videos and it seems pretty simple. Thanks for confirming which module and lines to try.

I downloaded ForSCAN + USB drivers and have my cable, I'll attempt modifying this today/tomorrow.

That said, do I need a license to make this change via ForSCAN just for this one line ? I don't immediately have any other setting I know I'd want to make anytime soon, so I was hoping I can write this one change for the Rear Speakers with the initial software downloaded from the ForSCAN site. Does it allow 'x' amount of days and/or 'x' amount of writes for such changes upon initial download / install or do you need to purchase an initial license prior to attempting any changes ?

Thanks again !

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When you receive the speaker pods and install them successfully, let me know and I will refund the difference to you

Refund of price difference without any conditions! Just to prevent returns due to special circumstances, so just after successful installation, the price difference can be refunded without any conditions
Sent you a message two days ago about this with pictures. And posted pics in this thread.

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@Mabett can't believe I missed 2dr release, did i miss when you expect to restock?

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sent a message via Amazon to see how to get the 15% refund for buying before the promo. We’ll see!

Im also running my pods without the grilles for now. Less risk for the seat belt d-ring to swivel into the pod and crack it. And my tweeter is 0.34” high—so it smashes into the pod grille if I put it on.

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Ibuprofen3293 he said they shipped with both the 2 and 4 door brackets. I wonder if that one that's too close has a 4 door bracket instead the 2 door. That's what i would check

The brackets look different on your right and left. Are there other brackets?
Available for 4-door and 2-door

The brackets used for 4-doors and 2-doors are not the same, I put 4-door brackets and 2-door brackets in each package

Last edited:

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ibuprofen3293 he said they shipped with both the 2 and 4 door brackets. I wonder if that one that's too close has a 4 door bracket instead the 2 door. That's what i would check

The brackets look different on your right and left. Are there other brackets?
Mine only came with one set of brackets (and that’s all I see in the images on Amazon). The other bracket I posted a picture of was the stock one that won’t fit in the Mabett pod. I have both pods installed now (sans grille) but am leery about that seatbelt rings rotating into them.

I think the pods still have some design tweaks that need to happen to be great. In addition to the seatbelt interference, the grilles won’t fit with any protruding tweeter, and don’t really have a larger mesh opening than the stock 4” pods.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine only came with one set of brackets (and that’s all I see in the images on Amazon). The other bracket I posted a picture of was the stock one that won’t fit in the Mabett pod. I have both pods installed now (sans grille) but am leery about that seatbelt rings rotating into them.

I think the pods still have some design tweaks that need to happen to be great. In addition to the seatbelt interference, the grilles won’t fit with any protruding tweeter, and don’t really have a larger mesh opening than the stock 4” pods.
Maybe you got sent a return or something. I'd reach out to @Mabett or see if it's the same for others

Roadbeast

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I installed mine today. I did exactly the same as mentioned in this thread. I used killmat, kicker CS 6.5s and some filler. Very easy to install, and I hear a difference. Especially in the bass. Alot more happening in the back seat. Happy with the upgrade.
Note. Grills sit every flat. Tweeters must be level with speaker frame or won't fit..

Donut

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I installed mine last night and the JL Audio C2 650X speakers fit perfectly in the pods. Everything lined up correctly, but I ran into the same issue as someone else in this post, where I gently put the cover on and a tab broke. However, @Mabett has amazing customer service and has already reached out to help me address this issue.

This upgrade made a huge difference and 100% was worth the money..
Sponsored