Sponsored

Mabett Introduces Wireless Phone Charger for Ford Bronco!

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Had mine installed for a day or so and it works great. I didn’t have the factory charger so I can’t speak to the differences there. Install took 30 minutes or so but the screws in the shifter are a pain
Thank you for your support! If you are free, I hope you can leave a review with some photos on Amazon!(y)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Installed it yesterday and it does.
Thank you for your support! If you are free, I hope you can leave a review with some photos on Amazon!:giggle:

Buck₩ild

Black Diamond
First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Willys, Bronco BD, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you for your support! If you are free, I hope you can leave a review with some photos on Amazon!:ROFLMAO:
Yup my review is now live

fields_day

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands - 2023 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d love to get this myself for the novelty of wireless charging but I worry about overheating since I always use CarPlay. Once somebody has it installed and has put it to some use can they confirm if it’s better than the factory one I hear is so dreadful. If it still overheats I’ll probably just stick with plugging it in to the little 6” wire I currently use 🤷🏼‍♂️
So true! Same with Android Auto its such a battery drainer and leaving the phone on the wireless pad makes it so hot that I think it kills the battery even faster!

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

Syn customs

Outer Banks
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Mabett , I got this, installed it and it worked for about 20 minutes. Now it just blinks red and blue. Can you help troubleshoot? I dont see anything in the FAQ about the LED colors and what they mean.

Thanks.

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Mabett , I got this, installed it and it worked for about 20 minutes. Now it just blinks red and blue. Can you help troubleshoot? I dont see anything in the FAQ about the LED colors and what they mean.

Thanks.
Please contact me for a refund, I am researching the cause of the problem, a few people reported the same problem to me

Electricjd

Wildtrak
First Name
El
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
New addition, have high package.
The wireless charging pad does not work with Base Model

Sorry for everyone, I don't know that the bottom of the center console of the base model is solid, I will update the compatibility instructions on the page as soon as possible

315529752_445343537559703_2730010486322239089_n.jpg

316055355_3504713503187698_1938649010128704683_n.jpg
Hi. Is there a factory plug in there you can use in the high package or do you need to have the mabett charging harness to relay to the usb-c port plug? Do you sell only the wire harness by any chance? Thanks for this product.

Buck₩ild

Black Diamond
First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Please contact me for a refund, I am researching the cause of the problem, a few people reported the same problem to me
I don't have this problem.... Atleast not yet.
Anything I should be worried about? Do we know the root cause?
Also, incase it stops working, is there a chance of any short circuit if continued to be used or it'll just drop dead and be safe to use as a storage instead as before?

Just don't want to go through the hassle of ripping the trim all over again

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't have this problem.... Atleast not yet.
Anything I should be worried about? Do we know the root cause?
Also, incase it stops working, is there a chance of any short circuit if continued to be used or it'll just drop dead and be safe to use as a storage instead as before?

Just don't want to go through the hassle of ripping the trim all over again
I'm still researching, until then I can give you a refund and you don't have to return the wireless charging pad

Buck₩ild

Black Diamond
First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm still researching, until then I can give you a refund and you don't have to return the wireless charging pad
Sure, will DM you my details

Sstone14

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just installed. Everything hooked up perfectly and it looks like it came straight from the factory. Also comes with a trim tool which is very nice. We’ll see if I get the dreaded blue and red flashing issue, but my hope is that I will not. One thing I’ll call out. Everything reads like the screws on the gear selector are facing you(drivers side) when you remove the console. They are actually facing the front side of the vehicle and there are two of them. It’s nearly impossible to remove these with the selector in park.

TIP: Turn on accessory power and move the selector to Neutral(apply the parking brake). That will give you enough room to get a small screw driver in there to remove the screws. I’d suggest using a magnetic tip screw driver as the screws are small and you definitely don’t want to drop them. One other thing you’ll probably notice is you have to remove the harness from the 4wd connector as well.

Took less than 30 mins to install. Another great product by @Mabett !

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just installed. Everything hooked up perfectly and it looks like it came straight from the factory. Also comes with a trim tool which is very nice. We’ll see if I get the dreaded blue and red flashing issue, but my hope is that I will not. One thing I’ll call out. Everything reads like the screws on the gear selector are facing you(drivers side) when you remove the console. They are actually facing the front side of the vehicle and there are two of them. It’s nearly impossible to remove these with the selector in park.

TIP: Turn on accessory power and move the selector to Neutral(apply the parking brake). That will give you enough room to get a small screw driver in there to remove the screws. I’d suggest using a magnetic tip screw driver as the screws are small and you definitely don’t want to drop them. One other thing you’ll probably notice is you have to remove the harness from the 4wd connector as well.

Took less than 30 mins to install. Another great product by @Mabett !
Thank you, Looking forward to your follow-up feedback

BroncoBob13

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Everglades, Tundra Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I bought this through amazon and installed according to directions. Install went smooth and it looks great. The only problem is when I put my i-phone on charging pad the phone gets so hot it goes into shutdown mode and stops charging. I tried my wife's phone with the same result. Maybe I received a defective charging unit? Anyone else having this problem?
Sponsored