Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 Hyundai Santa-Fe, 2019 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After messaging back and fourth with Mabett on this forum directly its pretty apparent that they dont give care much to put out a quality product, or even worse support the folks who bought their product and need replacement parts due to poor manufacturing standards.

I am aware that they are a site supporter, and that makes me even more dissatisfied with them.

Bottom Lin eis I bought a set of Mabett front flaps on eBay, brand new. The brackets fit poorly and needed to be replaced. This was their answer

"Every day, I receive requests from people to send them missing or damaged parts. As I have a lot of work to do every day, it takes some time for me to prepare these parts. Therefore, I cannot send them immediately when they are ready. Instead, I have to choose a specific day to send out all the prepared parts. For this reason, I can only guarantee to send out the parts within a month of receiving your address."

I am sure the majority of folks haven't had issues, but to those who have and those considering their products, I will warn you.
Sponsored

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

disappointing I’m sure but I wouldn’t purchase something from a budget foreign company and expect the world’s greatest / quickest / easiest customer service. I was satisfied with my seat back protectors but fully understood when I bought them I was likely on my own. That’s why I went through Amazon

Heavy_GD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 OBX non Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Stop using eBay and buy amazon prime.

You chose to purchase somewhere that has no buyer protection, and that was a choice.

Also, that is a perfectly fine response IMO, they could have left you hanging for a month but they chose to be transparent with you.

Thanks for sharing, this buyer is very aware.

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So he will stand behind his product just not fast enough for you. That is reasonable on both your parts. Just unfortunate your needs and his needs do not align.

Just curious does Mabett even have an ebay store? I have bought all my stuff from the Amazon store. Might these be Mabett branded products bought through a third party?

Sponsored

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's a small business. If they replied timely and explained why they need extra time to send something, it would be inconvenient for me - but I would be OK with it. If they ignored me, it would be an issue and I would return or charge back.

This is because I like to support small businesses. It may be less "convenient" to buy from a small business, but if they are honest, I will do so to support them.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I believe Jason means well and tries to provide good customer service. He’s engaged with his customers, listens to their feedback and tries to ensure there aren’t QA issues with his goods. That said, Mabett is over seas and ships to the US in batches. They are not large enough yet to have US warehouses of spare parts or products. I’d advise people to understand this going in. I shop with them through Amazon, where products are fulfilled by Amazon, and easily returnable if needed

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stop using eBay and buy amazon prime.

You chose to purchase somewhere that has no buyer protection, and that was a choice.

Also, that is a perfectly fine response IMO, they could have left you hanging for a month but they chose to be transparent with you.

Thanks for sharing, this buyer is very aware.

Not when it comes after you've purchased a product. No that is not a perfectly fine response at that point.

Disclose the return policy up front, like all reputable companies do.

Heavy_GD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 OBX non Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not when it comes after you've purchased a product. No that is not a perfectly fine response at that point.

Disclose the return policy up front, like all reputable companies do.
ok I’ll bite, how much did you save using eBay vs Amazon?

now how much will it cost you in time and frustration?

also did you not realize the company is based in China?

OP
OP
Jeffola

Jeffola

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To be clear, eBay has buyer protection. They dont sell fronts only on amazon so my options were limited. I just got a refund from eBay, the seller told me to threw them away.

They weren't up front, and they took days to respond. What's really frustrating is the forums tell you that someone was online and after days of hoping for a reply I had to contact him a few more times. Days after my request for info (name address and such) I asked about time frame. That was when I got the message I posted.

I was hoping to get a good set of mud guards without spending an arm and a leg.

you get what you pay for.

as I said, rather than bash me for where I bought and what I bought say your welcome for alerting you to a possible problem in your future.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jeffola

Jeffola

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Saved nothing, paid $50 for the fronts only
I mounted and removed, 30 minutes?
No I didn't, as mine shipped from GA (Keeping in mind that I didn't buy direct from the manufacturer on amazon).

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I didn’t buy anything from them, nor would I if they knew it was Chinese if at all Possible.

That has nothing to do with stating the return policy up front, and telling somebody they need to wait till “they have time to get to it”

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe Mabett is just one of many Chinese companies that sells rebranded batch of junk you can buy from aliexpress/taobao. They even use pictures that other Chinese resellers put in their listings lol.

Heavy_GD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 OBX non Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I believe Mabett is just one of many Chinese companies that sells rebranded batch of junk you can buy from aliexpress/taobao. They even use pictures that other Chinese resellers put in their listings lol.
Agreed, but I realized that from the start.

I mean the sig on the account made it very clear. haha
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.