Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good to know but not shocking that something like this could happen... but it doesn't seem to be the norm with Mabett but who knows. I have the mudflaps because there aren't any that I like that don't look horrible or cost 500 bucks (or both really, which is usually the case). I haven't fit them yet but they seem to be adequately made. I'm planning on using some upgraded hardware and making a few tweaks but I went in to this with the mindset of if you buy something insanely cheap... if its not garbage, you're winning, i'm totally prepared to have to make little tweaks or fabricate on my own, but I can't mold flaps myself. :ROFLMAO:

I'm not going to come in here and beat up on the OP, that horse is dead... but I will say you seem really worked up over it, kind of the response I'd expect from someone who didn't get a reply, is getting a huge run around, or was just told to pound sand.. You're situation sucks but its really just an inconvenience. Maybe I'm just numb/immune at this point from the 2.5 year wait to get my Bronco.

IAG sells a version of these flaps with their logo or something in the molding if you want to buy from a place with a US warehouse but I like the Mabett version better since its plain.
Sponsored

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Damn ya'll need some sunshine and some weed. Chill out, it's not a big deal. He was working with you not ignoring you.

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you do a google image search of pictures that Mabett posted, you’ll see something like this:
Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 12.21.53 PM.png

Of those search results, click the Alibaba link and you'll see these folks who appear to be the main developing company (unless they're Mabett...):
Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 12.25.09 PM.png

Changzhou Desai Vehicle Parts Co., Ltd. (alibaba.com)
I believe several designers/manufacturers have access to the same Broncos there or they have a split manufacturing deal but I'm pretty sure a decent amount of the products on those website were originally his. Most of his newly released products aren't available anywhere else for a little while and no results show up if you reverse search those.

OP
OP
Jeffola

Jeffola

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 Hyundai Santa-Fe, 2019 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I call BS on this, @Mabett has been always helpful when any issues come up. Maybe you should relax and give him a chance to make it right rather than thinking he should drop everything and hand deliver them to you. Just saying.
And I said your experience may differ..... so thanks for your inout.

Regardless I have moved on, the truth is I tried to get away cheap (someone had mentioned that earlier in the post, commenting on the cost) These aren't very differently priced from OEM, or even the Weathertech ones. so I expected them to fit, yeah silly me.

You tell me, honestly you are ok with waiting a month a prt to make a product right? If so you are very patient.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe Mabett is just one of many Chinese companies that sells rebranded batch of junk you can buy from aliexpress/taobao. They even use pictures that other Chinese resellers put in their listings lol.
You sir are correct.

Sponsored

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks for the $.02 of advice. Small or large vendor I expect up front info about their products and return policy.

you have a nice day now.
But if you buy from a 3rd party seller, the notice of warranty is on the 3rd party seller... not the manufacturer.

And not in defense of Mabett, but all sellers, NONE of them tell you how long it might take you to get a service up front. Not even Ford for the Bronco you bought. They just tell you what's covered.

It's perfectly reasonable for someone to dislike the product, and perfectly reasonable for someone to dislike the warranty process and not to not want to wait, but completely unreasonable for anyone to think that every company is going to spell out the fix for every type of problem up front. Its not probably or possible.

Sounds like a return fixed the issue though which would have been a super simple fix to begin with.

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

To be clear, eBay has buyer protection. They dont sell fronts only on amazon so my options were limited. I just got a refund from eBay, the seller told me to threw them away.

They weren't up front, and they took days to respond. What's really frustrating is the forums tell you that someone was online and after days of hoping for a reply I had to contact him a few more times. Days after my request for info (name address and such) I asked about time frame. That was when I got the message I posted.

I was hoping to get a good set of mud guards without spending an arm and a leg.

you get what you pay for.

as I said, rather than bash me for where I bought and what I bought say your welcome for alerting you to a possible problem in your future.
RekGen mud flaps are great for a decent price.

Ford Bronco Mabett products, buyer beware. Bronco with RekGens

Last edited:

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And I said your experience may differ..... so thanks for your inout.

Regardless I have moved on, the truth is I tried to get away cheap (someone had mentioned that earlier in the post, commenting on the cost) These aren't very differently priced from OEM, or even the Weathertech ones. so I expected them to fit, yeah silly me.

You tell me, honestly you are ok with waiting a month a prt to make a product right? If so you are very patient.
Yeah I am patient, I waited on my Bronco and waited on many other things. The guy is in China so the time difference doesn’t help with communication but he has always been very responsive and helpful when needed. Would you rather he lie to you and tell you that you will have the part tomorrow then continue to lie when it hasn’t come in? I have purchased a few things from him and whenever there is an issue he promptly responds and offers either a refund or to get me the item as quick as he can. Is it possible that you had the brackets mixed up? I mean there are quite a few people that have them and have no issue like myself. Either way I hope you find the right product for you.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mud flaps are ugly… it’s a sign from the u

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"Every day, I receive requests from people to send them missing or damaged parts."
This speaks volumes of the quality. We all know why these products are cheap and how they can stay in business selling them, but not everyone understands what caveat emptor means. Expect that your parts are going to need work or won't be on the same level as a similar product that costs 5x as much or won't even work at all and need to be replaced, along with all the issues implied with a purchase like that. Then you can be pleasantly surprised if that's not the case. You win some and you lose some.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But if you buy from a 3rd party seller, the notice of warranty is on the 3rd party seller... not the manufacturer.

And not in defense of Mabett, but all sellers, NONE of them tell you how long it might take you to get a service up front. Not even Ford for the Bronco you bought. They just tell you what's covered.

It's perfectly reasonable for someone to dislike the product, and perfectly reasonable for someone to dislike the warranty process and not to not want to wait, but completely unreasonable for anyone to think that every company is going to spell out the fix for every type of problem up front. Its not probably or possible.

Sounds like a return fixed the issue though which would have been a super simple fix to begin with.
I didn't know all the details of his issue. My point was when you buy from a vendor they should have a clearly visible return policy (that covers typical issues: loss in transit, broken, poor quality, damaged, etc.). Those are the tpyIcal things that refunds or returns get taken care of ASAP.

If they don't I don't buy. If I think it's Chinese I don't buy. If the policy is we'll get you a new item but we have to wait 30 days I can make my mi d up then of I wanna buy form them or not. Non Erica item it's nit. big del, critical path thingy and I'll move on to another seller.

OP
OP
Jeffola

Jeffola

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 Hyundai Santa-Fe, 2019 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Sandbergo I applaud your patience. But I also have doubts.

Look, from the very beginning of this post I have said it was my experience, yours may be better. Over and over again. I didn't write a post about your experience, I wrote one about mine. I am thrilled you had a good experience.

A few things.

I dont have to defend myself against you or anyone else. If you say I was wrong for not wanting to wait a month for the parts to ship from china, ok maybe that's true. I could care less in the world where he was located. Todays connectivity allows conversation across the globe in milliseconds. My initial PRIVATE message was on April 21st, and they replied April 27th. That's 6 days, almost a week. Every reply was a day or two in between, and finally when I asked what was going to be done I got the monthly shipping story.

The fact that they are inundated with this type of request (His words, not mine) that's a sign of poor quality. Since I bought them on eBay, they shipped from GA, china never crossed my mind.

I didn't call Mabett names, say he's an s-bag. I clearly stated MY dealings with them on this particular product.

I dont care what you say, you aren't waiting a month plus for a set of brackets to mount a product you probably couldn't return after that time frame. But thank you for so strongly supporting them.

nametaken

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco 2dr, 22 Model 3, 23 Frontier, Vanderhall
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
After messaging back and fourth with Mabett on this forum directly its pretty apparent that they dont give care much to put out a quality product, or even worse support the folks who bought their product and need replacement parts due to poor manufacturing standards.

I am aware that they are a site supporter, and that makes me even more dissatisfied with them.

Bottom Lin eis I bought a set of Mabett front flaps on eBay, brand new. The brackets fit poorly and needed to be replaced. This was their answer

"Every day, I receive requests from people to send them missing or damaged parts. As I have a lot of work to do every day, it takes some time for me to prepare these parts. Therefore, I cannot send them immediately when they are ready. Instead, I have to choose a specific day to send out all the prepared parts. For this reason, I can only guarantee to send out the parts within a month of receiving your address."

I am sure the majority of folks haven't had issues, but to those who have and those considering their products, I will warn you.
Uhm...if you are getting request everyday, yeah you might be doing something wrong there! Thanks for the heads up. I hate nothing more then incompetence and they didn't wait a month to collect your money now did they?

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With very minimal research, I knew Mabett was a foreign product company, therefor, I did not invest much "trust" in these purchases.

Also, as the saying goes with anything car related, you get what you pay for. These products are cheaper for a reason, they're not going to be perfect.

I have given this example a few times on this forum, but I paid $15 for my pair of generic mud flaps from autozone, drilled them myself and they have been great.

I also only buy low threat items from Mabett, nothing where the safety or reliability is affected (rear seat back covers, transmission bash plate). If they sold suspension or brakes, I would not buy those.

The mud flaps you bought do not affect safety or reliability, it's just an annoying transaction experience for you.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.