First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the Mabett 6.5" Speaker Pods for a few weeks now and have yet to install them because I am having a hard time finding speakers that will work due the limited vertical space under the grills of the pod. The Mabett team provided me with the image bellow,
it shows that we have 7/20" or .35". This is not much clearance room, and most advanced 6.5" speakers have tweeters that protrude at least .60". Those of you that have installed the pods, what speakers have you used and was any modification required?
Ford Bronco Mabett Speaker Pod - Mounting Height question lQLPJwiURw65LTjNBDXNAumwBqOBWkRQWo0DtIReTkDgAA_745_1077
Sponsored

J_Z

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered Morel Maximo 6 coaxials that I'm putting in the Mabett pods. Tweeters on these appear to sit below the height of the surround so should be good to go. Have the pods and the speakers just showed up, so I'll report back once I have them in.

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm running Audison APX 65s in my Mabett pods - the tweeter on these is recessed so no issues at all with fitment. They sound great too!

OP
OP
ChadRockPSU

ChadRockPSU

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered Morel Maximo 6 coaxials that I'm putting in the Mabett pods. Tweeters on these appear to sit below the height of the surround so should be good to go. Have the pods and the speakers just showed up, so I'll report back once I have them in.
The Morels are on my short list of options. Let me know how they turn out!

Reactions: J_Z
OP
OP
ChadRockPSU

ChadRockPSU

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm running Audison APX 65s in my Mabett pods - the tweeter on these is recessed so no issues at all with fitment. They sound great too!
Thanks for the info. Are you running an amp with these, and if not, do you have the stock 6 speaker set up or the B&O? Thanks!

Sponsored

Coolbeans05

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg tdi ,Touareg v8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sound is great after Forscan and proper dsp set up from Cabe at custom audio reimagined

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the info. Are you running an amp with these, and if not, do you have the stock 6 speaker set up or the B&O? Thanks!
Hey there - I'm on the stock 6 speaker set up. Using the Kicker Key 200.4 to drive them (and the fronts).

Heavy_GD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 OBX non Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am about to put mine together, just curious if the poly fill and the sound deadener made a difference.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am about to put mine together, just curious if the poly fill and the sound deadener made a difference.
Same!

Also, regarding a coax and tweeter height, I read about a trick to heat the end of a baseball bat and then press into the back side of the grill to push it out a bit. I'm putting in Hertz CX 165's and that seems to have done the trick to give me just enough space.

Heavy_GD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 OBX non Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went with no fill and the sound is a vast improvement.
There is no "empty bucket" noise that I anticipated.

As for the tweeter component I had no clearance issues with the Alpine SPE-6000 6.5
I think each manufacturer will have a different spec.
Sponsored